"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 26, 2024, 05:22:02 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Slavery System Overhaul  (Read 1046 times)

Slavery System Overhaul
« on: November 08, 2010, 02:44:44 pm »

I've been thinking about this for awhile and slaving needs a change, badly, I advise we keep the ability to sell slaves to megtzer/vortis for 100-200 caps but there need to be certain changes.

Slaves should be split into different categories, Metal Armored, Leather Armored, Leather Jacket, Ghoul and the POS slaves that are only used for mining (that includes child labor  ;D )
Players should be able to put an order in at Megtzer/Vortis how many of what type for how much and then will have the money deducted from their person
Only slavers can see what orders have been placed and by whom (in case it's someone you hate and don't want to help out and that can also help gm's track anybody who is just spamming slave orders and ruining the system)

Slavers can then decide to do said slaving for the people, return to metgzer/vortis and tell them which order they should be put into and receive the caps for the slave.
If the buyer changes his mind or no one has bothered slaving for them they should be able to withdraw the amount of caps they were offering and receive their money back, unless of course a slave or two was bought in which case that amount will be deducted from what they get back.

As it is, slaving is mostly just selling to Metgzer/Vortis with very little human interaction unless you come upon the random person who needs to buy a slave for mining.

If that idea is terrible how about giving slavers a pen (imaginary) at Metgzer or Vortis's where they can keep 5-10 slaves instead of having to sell them to an NPC to be able to slave more (there could be a fee for using the pen or make it a one time buy for however many caps seems fair.)

Also, how many of what type of slave could reflect Metgzers stock where the price goes down the more of X type of slave is sold to him (Metal Armor slaves sold, Metal Armor slave price goes down)

Comment and I will tweak the suggestion as needed.

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
Re: Slavery System Overhaul
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 05:18:39 pm »

I did not quite understand... you want some missions from Metzger like "Today I need slaves with sledgehammers to mine. I'll give you extra 200 each just today (24hr IRL)?

Selection and price dimnishing is good... but what for? its not like you could make millions out of it, rather would discourage new slavers...
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 05:57:02 pm »

No, the suggestions is for other players (non slavers) to place orders on the slaves they want instead of slavers only finding the random person in the wastes looking to buy a slave or two.

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 08:54:55 pm »

Oh, this sounds great!

A player buys a slave from slaver, buying price goes up.

Slaver delivers slaves of the highest selling price compared to base state and earns more money, the buying price goes down. SWEET!
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator

Mr Feltzer

• FOnline: Australia
    • The Core Gaming Australia's Website
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 05:49:15 am »

I like the Idea
Founder of Fallout Online Australia
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2010, 01:41:06 pm »

Why not doing it like with mercs then?

People sells slaves. Slaves price decrease to certain level. (lets say 150 minimum)
People buys slaves. Slaves price rise to certaine level. (lets say 500 maximum)

with metzger taking some share for him.
Kill them all and let the god sort them out.
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2010, 08:34:29 pm »

Why not doing it like with mercs then?

People sells slaves. Slaves price decrease to certain level. (lets say 150 minimum)
People buys slaves. Slaves price rise to certaine level. (lets say 500 maximum)

with metzger taking some share for him.

thats what he is saying, but since you can't "gather" mercs, he is also suggesting a "daily quest" sort of system that involves metzger offering "deals" on certain slaves. metzger might say, "i need some punks in leather jackets..." and he'll pay you a little extra for those instead of another type of slave that is in less demand that day.

also... WTB FISTO... heheheh :D
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2010, 09:32:14 pm »

I guess im mainly sad that there is so very little human interaction in slaving, player A wants 3 female trappers, player B should be able to see that when talking to Metgzer and say hey i can do that for the 1k they offered, or maybe they say they want 3 ghoul snipers that are leveled up a bit and are willing to pay extra it should be able to happen.
In a post apocalyptic world if people wanted slaves they would go to the well known slavers and either A browse or B tell them what type of slaves they want and the slavers would do that job.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 22 queries.