"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 20, 2024, 05:01:28 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Radiation  (Read 1366 times)

MixHa

• This is just preparing for future.
Radiation
« on: October 25, 2010, 10:00:43 pm »

Hi guys! I spent some time searching for radiation details, but I haven't found any. If they are somewhere, can you give me the link or if there is not, can you explain me in detail:

1. How do you know your Radiation level? I remember Geiger counter in Fallout 1 and 2, but I haven't found any in FOnline.
2. What are the levels of radiation in FOnline and what are the consequences for each level?
3. Is RadAway worth the money and time or is it just better to cut your wrists and respawn?

Bonus: just how many radiation points do you get with each bite of those nasty things like Centaurs and Floaters?
The end of the world occurred pretty much as we have predicted: too many humans, non space or resource to go around. The details are trivial and pointless, the reasons, as always, purely human ones.
Re: Radiation
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 01:46:13 pm »

1. How do you know your Radiation level? I remember Geiger counter in Fallout 1 and 2, but I haven't found any in FOnline.
2. What are the levels of radiation in FOnline and what are the consequences for each level?
3. Is RadAway worth the money and time or is it just better to cut your wrists and respawn?

Bonus: just how many radiation points do you get with each bite of those nasty things like Centaurs and Floaters?
1. There is a way how to get a geiger counter. Just keep looking somewhere around one guarded town. (I won't tell you more because I don't want to spoil your game ;D)

2. I don't know exact numbers but between 0 and small dose there is no negative effect - only message in chracter screen. Between small and medium dose there is diminishing of HP (or only diminishing of healing rate, not sure about this). With large dose there is lowering of your SPECIAL stats. This is my observation in Glow with no protection.
Oh, and I think that after getting 100 rad units you get the message "radiated" on left corner of your screen.

3. It is definitelly worth it when you cares and try to role-play. If you are type who think "Oh, I have a cold. I just go and kill myself" then it is not worth the money.
But remember that Rad-X is worth every single coin especialy when you go to the Glow.

Bonus: I think I had about 82 rad units after 5 bites or so. It is difficult to count hits in real-time with too many floaters.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 22 queries.