"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 20, 2024, 04:48:04 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: 5mm hex locations?  (Read 3611 times)

5mm hex locations?
« on: October 22, 2010, 02:22:31 am »

I've been looking for some npc's that carry 5mm but I haven't been able to find any. Can anyone give me a general area to look for some npc's that carry 5mm. I like to level and get ammo at the same time.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
Re: 5mm hex locations?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 02:44:40 am »

The Glow Robobrains have Assault rifles, that use 5mm and give 300 exp each, but be ... very very careful, them and their constant bursts, aimshots, and their damn Eyebot dogs do a HELL Of a lot of damage and crits.

Then there's Hub Patrols.  they're tough though unless they're distracted.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 06:20:44 am »

What about raiders? I remember before the wipe they used Aslt Rifles.

Snackish

• God damn cows.
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 08:37:33 am »

I normally hunt hunt for assault rifles around redding
Redding caravans and some others which i forgot the name of carry them.
Quite easy to kill.
The most satisfying thing is bursting a cow for 460 damage, makes me tingle all over.
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, 09:29:16 am »

NCR spawn point has remnants and ncr army spawn. I encounter them every so often and when I do, I usually get a few fn fals, smgs, etc... maybe not the AR you're lookin for but could definitely trade for 5mm

Lacan

• [TSAR]Sol & [TSAR]Ketur
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2010, 01:40:20 pm »

Unity patrol near BH has assault rifles ghouls, and minigun with quite a lot of 5mm AP usually.

But the best deal with ammo would be NCR Army for 223. and 7.62., if you can deal with them.

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2010, 02:03:47 pm »

Hub Patrol  8)
100hp - CA - ARs or 10mm SMG about 60 ammo JHP or AP - 260xp each

you can find them in 3 grid radius around Hub.
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator

Fridge_Man

• The Guardians
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2010, 04:24:06 pm »

Easiest way i suggest would be "Prospectors" around Redding for example.
They have sledges, HR and AR. The AR guys even carry some 5mm AP.

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2010, 04:48:43 pm »

Unity patrol near BH has assault rifles ghouls, and minigun with quite a lot of 5mm AP usually.

But the best deal with ammo would be NCR Army for 223. and 7.62., if you can deal with them.

Yeah unity patrol and BOS have the biggest amounts... but I guess for solo unity is a better option
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2010, 09:34:41 pm »

New Reno caravan has assault riflers.

What about raiders? I remember before the wipe they used Aslt Rifles.
I think some might still use ARs in certain tiles, but they mostly just use FN FALs now.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2010, 11:55:25 am »

Muties with miniguns have alot 5mm AP. There're usually 1 with mini, 1 with RL and 1 with flamer. Flamer is harmless, because muties walking in RT and don't know how to run, RL-mutie will help you with mini mutie who you'll burst in point blank with anything that can do bursts, then you run to RLer and burst him, then keeping distance between flamer guy and shoot his eyes. Better don't use armor, because it won't help you anyway, only if it BA or metal mk2 vs laser rifle. But don't afraid laser rifle much, muties 1st go away from you on long distance and only then shoot, so you have enought time to burst minigunner and run to that walking away mutie and burst him too. But anyway you may take metal mk2 with you, but the most brave persons are usually in bluesuit because they don't care if they die, so you won't afraid anything. Also Hub patrols don't need to be distracted to be easy to kill, may be they are wearing CA or whatever, but they are dying with 1 eye shot from 10mm SMG, because of low HP, so I don't see a problem in killing them... But they have full clip of JHP 5mm +some 5mm AP ammo in inventory, it's not that much. Easier to burst muties with x2 BRD and high critical chance in point blank.
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2010, 05:21:53 pm »

Try farming Enclave/BOS patrols with an unarmed crippler(in turn based). Just drop their weapon, pick it up. The guy is harmless.

Cocain

• Your already dead
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2010, 09:23:22 pm »

the best way to farm is around redding

its easier becouse they are easy to kill and normaly they are distracted by another party

its the safest way in my opinion altought u wont get a huge ammount of ammo from this way
Aku Soku Zan
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2010, 10:47:34 pm »

And if all else fails, i can sell you 5mm AP cheap sir :)
<[DoW]Dragon> TTTLA -> Fags that just shoot everyone and say 'SOZ THOUGHT U WAS PK' and keep your loot.
<Tissi> i was walking around with a fucking sledge and bluesuit and they shout " u a pk" and shoot
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 18 queries.