"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 20, 2024, 12:50:45 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: tb and sequence  (Read 2973 times)

Jay

tb and sequence
« on: October 14, 2010, 05:28:44 pm »

Isnt it stupid that you get 2 turns in a row if you have higher sequence?

Imho, you should start first, yes. But not get two turns in a row... wtf is with this thing? Its like a bug.

avv

Re: tb and sequence
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 05:33:45 pm »

Imho, you should start first, yes. But not get two turns in a row... wtf is with this thing? Its like a bug.

It's the same thing as when someone hits with 95% accuracy if he has high weapons skill%.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

John Ryder

• Problem, Surf?
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 05:38:09 pm »

It's the same thing as when someone hits with 95% accuracy if he has high weapons skill%.
Yes, because skilled people should miss and those that hold the gun for the first time should hit.
 - It's intended!
Typical FOnline roleplayers

Jay

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 05:43:59 pm »

Well, the "to hit" could be easily offset if AC would substract from the 95% always.

for example: 10 AC = 95% - 10% - 85% to hit chance, no matter how high the skill.

But, this sequence makes you two turn in a row... this is an exploit.

avv

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2010, 05:54:57 pm »

Well, the "to hit" could be easily offset if AC would substract from the 95% always.

for example: 10 AC = 95% - 10% - 85% to hit chance, no matter how high the skill.

Ac works as in fallout singleplayer. The players just got so high skill% that it doesn't really matter what ac we got in most ranges. Ac worked well in fallout singleplayers because most npcs didn't have so high skills so their hitting chance really did suffer from the chosen one's good ac.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2010, 07:46:13 pm »

Ac works as in fallout singleplayer. The players just got so high skill% that it doesn't really matter what ac we got in most ranges. Ac worked well in fallout singleplayers because most npcs didn't have so high skills so their hitting chance really did suffer from the chosen one's good ac.

interesting knowledge! Makes me wonder what kind of flaws fallout 3 online would expect when/if it launches.
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2010, 07:55:13 pm »

I'm working on a char that has 50-74 ac in tb, that would make him almost impossible to hit.

yoz

• yoz ace / yoz kage
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2010, 01:29:34 am »

it doesn't give you 2 turns in a row.

It just gives you the first turn after the attack that started the combat mode.
Kill the men, rape the women, eat the children.
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2010, 02:54:02 am »

it doesn't give you 2 turns in a row.

It just gives you the first turn after the attack that started the combat mode.

this guy has personal, firsthand experience. cripplers and sequence is just bad news.

you will never sequence twice before someone...
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2010, 07:44:00 am »

;D
you get 2 turns in a row if
- you began a battle. Then you have 1 shot + 1 turn
- your opponent fallen down when a fight went already. Then you have the current turn and turn of next "motion"

you will be sorry me for my errors . i not speak english

Perteks

• It's made of vague and to do lists!
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2011, 12:43:07 am »

I will bump that old topic because
I have situation when people dont start turn and have 2 turn before me. And other question is how it work when u enter to somebody encounter they have lets say 20 seq and u have 25 seq ? Sometimes i saw that situation and he have next turn but sometimes he wait tilll others turn end
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2011, 02:49:08 pm »

When you enter someone's encounter you'll skip current turn session and start only next one.
So, for example there're 5 guys with 20, 18, 16, 14 and 12 sequences, and you have 18 sequence.
They are skipping turns, watching youtube and waiting till someone enter enc.
Turn #1:
1) 20 sequence guy skipped turn.
2) you enter encounter. You'll have your turn on 2nd turn, because it'll be after current one.
3) 18 sequence guy shooting you.
4) 16 sequence guy shooting you.
5) 14 sequence guy still watching youtube.
6) 12 sequence guy afk.
Turn #2:
1) 20 sequence guy shooting you.
2) 18 sequence guy or you (because you have 18 too) has his turn.
etc.

Perteks

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2011, 03:09:26 pm »

Then how its possible when i enter with 27 seq char and guys for sure didnt have more and i dont have next turn? Even NPC's have turn before me?
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2011, 04:12:44 pm »

Then how its possible when i enter with 27 seq char and guys for sure didnt have more and i dont have next turn? Even NPC's have turn before me?
Because you entered during turn? So they ignore you, you're not in sequence queue yet, when everyone ends thier turn, you'll be added to that queue and, probably, will have 1st turn, if you have so high sequence.
When the least sequence will end his turn, new turn will start, and you'll have your turn there.

Perteks

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2011, 04:18:27 pm »

Some post higher i write i have situation when guys enter in middle of fight and have next turn and it wasnt end of all guys turn (im sure because i was somewhere in middle turn sequence and i got that time turn)
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.105 seconds with 21 queries.