"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 08:24:06 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Assault Weapon in Hinkley  (Read 5355 times)

Assault Weapon in Hinkley
« on: October 12, 2010, 04:27:58 pm »

The Topic says it all, i think its missing. Either Assault Rifle or FN FAL or best would be both  8)
Re: Assault Weapon in Hinkley
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 05:58:25 pm »

I agree with you 100%
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 06:23:58 pm »

What for? Hinkley = free gear, don't care what you lose and don't care about ammo.
AR is good for sniper/burster if you don't want to become mad, because some moron killed you while you were holding sniper rifle in your right hand and p90 in your left hand.
In Hinkley you can easily hold top sniper and top bursting SG weapons and don't care that you'll lose most 2 expensive SG guns, because it's Hinkley.
Sniper rifle > AR in single shooting.
p90 > AR in bursting.
AR > Sniper rifle+p90 in price/time-to-craft or get or whatever, but Hinkley ignores it.

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 06:37:07 pm »

Bypasses crit of AR can be insane. So it's defendable to use it.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 08:30:00 pm »

What for? Hinkley = free gear, don't care what you lose and don't care about ammo.
AR is good for sniper/burster if you don't want to become mad, because some moron killed you while you were holding sniper rifle in your right hand and p90 in your left hand.
In Hinkley you can easily hold top sniper and top bursting SG weapons and don't care that you'll lose most 2 expensive SG guns, because it's Hinkley.
Sniper rifle > AR in single shooting.
p90 > AR in bursting.
AR > Sniper rifle+p90 in price/time-to-craft or get or whatever, but Hinkley ignores it.

I take Assault rifle over P90. ;)

Also, some kind of colourizing is needed in Hinkley.

Bypasses crit of AR can be insane. So it's defendable to use it.
I find 10mm AP ammo still weak, and only really usefull when point blank.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 08:52:19 pm by kttdestroyer »
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2010, 09:01:11 pm »

I would like a flamer mk2 so I could actually do some damage, minigun vs BA might as well be bb gun.

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2010, 09:21:50 pm »

I find 10mm AP ammo still weak, and only really usefull when point blank.

I am talking about 5mm JHP. In bypass it roxx, for finesse for exemple.

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2010, 10:33:45 pm »

I'm not sure that it matters whether or not p90 is better than AR in some aspects. Every gun has its pros and cons. The simple fact the SGers don't have access to their full armory like EW, throwers and BGers do is a little unfair. didn't put in melee because I haven't even checked.

Ned Logan

• chaotic good/neutral
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2010, 10:50:38 pm »

I'm not sure that it matters whether or not p90 is better than AR in some aspects. Every gun has its pros and cons. The simple fact the SGers don't have access to their full armory like EW, throwers and BGers do is a little unfair. didn't put in melee because I haven't even checked.
Avenger was added finally?
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2010, 10:59:32 pm »

Avenger was added finally?
oh no sorry, I just assumed that avenger wasn't that important to BGers. Heard someone say it was useless or something. they should probably add avenger in there too.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 11:01:16 pm by borse »

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2010, 11:14:53 pm »

Have you ever been to Hinkley ?
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2010, 11:39:04 pm »

Heard someone say it was useless or something

Yes, people are frequently wrong.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2010, 11:40:46 pm »

I think that all weapons that are available in the game (excluding special encounter weapons) should be allowed to be used in Hinkley.

It is a way to have fun fighting people without losing equipment, but also could be used to test out various weapons, not to only use the high-tier stuff.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2010, 07:01:31 pm »

Personally, i think this is not gonna work, i remember this from fallout tactics online play. There will be people that only want to play high tier weapons, and people that wont only to play low tier weapons, and diffrent builds included... Really this game is to much about builds but that i mentioned on other thread so lets leave that.

A way to include weaker weapons would be to build a diffrent arena someplace else, only for low tier weapons, a diffrent map and so on. Where there is 10 mm smg instead of p90, hunting rifle instead of sniper, and maximum armor is leather armor.

However, assault rifle is after those changes a high tier weapon i guess, and it should be an alternative for SG bursters (not smg bursters).

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2010, 07:03:21 pm »

You can set weapon and armor rules on the computer, if you want a low tier fight.

Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.203 seconds with 23 queries.