"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 08:25:59 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Make weakened not cumulative  (Read 1822 times)

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
Make weakened not cumulative
« on: October 16, 2010, 10:02:41 pm »

Like in the subject. It would make live a bit easier for starters. If you get killed 2 times your weakened cumulates 5+5 mins = 10mins, Im suggesting that if you already have 0-5 mins weakened you should not have more cooldown added.
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
Re: Make weakened not cumulative
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 10:43:52 pm »

It isn't cumulative. It is reset to the 7 (or so, can't remember exact how long it is) minutes each time you die. If you die 10 times in a row, your maximum weakened cooldown will still be about the 7 minutes.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

kraskish

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 12:01:27 am »

It isn't cumulative. It is reset to the 7 (or so, can't remember exact how long it is) minutes each time you die. If you die 10 times in a row, your maximum weakened cooldown will still be about the 7 minutes.

Yeah, its 7 =D But still it could not stack up until 7... you wait until 5 or whatever the first weakened period and you have restricted list of actions/power anyway so dying again means that the person did not make it with weakened because of low hp. Why should the weakened time add up to 7 or whatever? The second or 10th death while still on weakened isnt really entirely players choice, the person is to die more likely with weakened anyway

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2010, 11:01:00 am »

weakened coldown isn't afected by the way you die?

kraskish

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2010, 06:18:17 pm »

weakened coldown isn't afected by the way you die?

AFAIK if you suicide bomb yourself it is longer... whats does it have to do with this thread :P Ok, if suicide bomber explodes, he has his weakened and even if it will be below 7 it should cumulate up to 7 again :p The eventual death on weakened is caused by weakened (most probably) It just adds to grief

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2010, 09:51:41 pm »

AFAIK if you suicide bomb yourself it is longer... whats does it have to do with this thread :P Ok, if suicide bomber explodes, he has his weakened and even if it will be below 7 it should cumulate up to 7 again :p The eventual death on weakened is caused by weakened (most probably) It just adds to grief
i sad about the weakened status, not replication time
i think normal death is 5 min, but plasma death is 7
or is the broken limbs?
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2010, 10:14:34 pm »

it should be 4-5 min max. That's a long ass time to wait every time you die early game.

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2010, 10:19:49 pm »

I don't think it is cumulative. Well, if it is, it should be changed indeed.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

kraskish

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2010, 10:48:12 pm »

I don't think it is cumulative. Well, if it is, it should be changed indeed.

So normally you get 5 mins weakened or something, but when you get killed while on weakened it will jump to 7. I got some experience :D

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2010, 10:49:30 pm »

Like I said, it isn't cumulative. But changing it to 5 minutes if you weren't weakened before, and 7 minutes if you were already weakened sounds fine to me.
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

kraskish

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2010, 02:08:41 am »

Like I said, it isn't cumulative. But changing it to 5 minutes if you weren't weakened before, and 7 minutes if you were already weakened sounds fine to me.

Sorry I made a mistake. Its 7 minutes now, ok. For me its ok to be 7... Im suggesting here that the weakened should last permanently 7 minutes. So if you get killed on weakened it wouldnt add back to 7 minutes...

A death on weakened should not be punished as the first death...

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2010, 02:23:29 am »

Right. I agreed with your last post  :P
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.