"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 09:34:12 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: concerning alts...  (Read 3954 times)

concerning alts...
« on: September 04, 2010, 11:43:13 pm »

Fallout used to be a Role Playing Game... but that's the past... the future is:
            Multiple Role Playing at the Same Time Game! also known as MRPatSTG

since everyone loves alts and can't live without them, I strongly suggest to implement the possibility to log in with all your characters at the same time. it would save a lot of us the time needed to relog from char to char.

with this awesome, deeply thought through, system you could create a team of warriors and crafters very similar to those in "Commandos: behind enemy lines"

just think about it: why limit yourself to 1 character at a time if you could use all your well trained monkeys designed characters at the same time? wouldnt it be grand?

complex suggestions about technical side of implementing MRPatSTG:

-alts might be selected by clicking left mouse button and draging it creating a square that covers all your characters, or just some of them
-also to improve gameplay, alts might stack on 1 hex so they save space and dont block doors
-another idea is to make alts craftable via workbench (1 bio med gel, 5 meat jerky, 10 fruit, 2 junk and 1 blue vault 13 suit)
-to make alts more managable i suggest to make them pickable and kept in inventory or/and lockers. alts weight could depend on its charisma (alts with low charisma are fat and heavy, high charisma alts would be pretty and thin); this will be a great encouragment for people to invest in charisma because they will be able to carry more alts on their backs
-we could also add a new perk at lvl 21 "mysterious alt" it will make one of your alts register new alts by itself which would add to your team but also it will make your main character loose 1 INT every in game month

lets discuss

EDIT: I know this idea might need some balancing, but since we're still in beta tests, we should give it a try
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 11:48:32 pm by Vindict »
Re: concerning alts...
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 11:49:54 pm »

May be make it on Fallout Tactics engine and call it FTOnline, btw it's not sarcasm if someone think that, but Fallout isn't supposed to be like that, while FT is created to control up to 6 characters at the same time.
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 11:55:33 pm »

-another idea is to make alts craftable via workbench (1 bio med gel, 5 meat jerky, 10 fruit, 2 junk and 1 blue vault 13 suit)
epic
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2010, 12:59:50 am »

It's a problem that has already been intensively discussed. here and here are the links that may be of interest to you. .. And I agree - it is a problem.

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2010, 02:03:56 am »

-alts might be selected by clicking left mouse button and draging it creating a square that covers all your characters, or just some of them

its so doable in Fonline, cant wait  :-X

-also to improve gameplay, alts might stack on 1 hex so they save space and dont block doors

Ahahaha geeeeeze man, so maybe like 10 of your alts in the same hex with 10 avengers just pwning everyone with some 2000 hp? This is madness!

How you accidentally the whole suit? come on, why putting so little meat into your companions, its like they're more of a flower than animal. Lets say 20 meat jerky, 10 brahmin hide, 10 nuka cola, 10 fibre, bones (from a grave), rad-x, antidote, talisman)

-to make alts more managable i suggest to make them pickable and kept in inventory or/and lockers. alts weight could depend on its charisma (alts with low charisma are fat and heavy, high charisma alts would be pretty and thin); this will be a great encouragment for people to invest in charisma because they will be able to carry more alts on their backs

Doesnt make a difference because we have only slim models (wasteland is harsh people do not eat much and get obese) and I wonder how would you like to go with a leader that put you in a locker with 3 other sweaty men?

-we could also add a new perk at lvl 21 "mysterious alt" it will make one of your alts register new alts by itself which would add to your team but also it will make your main character loose 1 INT every in game month

What if your main characters alt will have lvl 21 and will choose mysterious alt perk and his alt will have an alt with lvl 21 which also chooses the same perk... causing infinite loop of fertility??!!!??!!! The server would broke down because of too many items in the database (comparable to dividing by 0)

omg I had a great laugh of this
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 02:11:32 am by kraskish »
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator

sander

• I can see ya reading my posts.
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2010, 10:03:15 am »

lol. It's pretty obviously, that this topic was started just for lulz.
My English sux. I bet your Russian sux better.©

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2010, 10:05:28 am »

lol. It's pretty obviously, that this topic was started just for lulz.

CMOOON! Don't spoil it so soon! :D
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2010, 04:05:32 pm »

TROLL . i dont understand you man.. Fail

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2010, 04:07:23 pm »

Either you are serious with your suggestions, or you let it be.
This thread is now locked.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 21 queries.