"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 01:26:55 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Add small computer to your tent to make it shared tent.  (Read 11888 times)

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
Add small computer to your tent to make it shared tent.
« on: May 04, 2010, 01:47:51 am »

First of all i would like to mention that at least i myself miss this feature very much. I play as loner, every time i  want to make a shared tent i need to keep asking good people for help, i guess this is annoying both for me and for people that helps, so im thinking why not to give opportunity to players so that they could decide who could visit your tent.  My idea would be similar to make it work like "joint accounts" in bank. http://www.fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/Banks#Joint_accounts . So you first open your bank account, then you pay some extra and improve it, so others could use it. Then you tell banker who can use your account and who cant. So pretty much same should be in tents, just banker would be replaced by small computer. And this could be obtained by improving your tent. So:

Step 1:

You get 10 brahmin hides, go to random place, use science on them and tent is created.

Step 2:

You gather some materials (it should be metal parts and electronic parts, maybe some wood, maybe even micro fusion cells or small energy cells). You go to workbench and craft item "small computer"

Which looks in your inventory like this. Then you go to your tent location, enter it, open your inventory and use science on this small computer and here computer  looking like this

is placed near your tent .
Computer management works like joint accounts management. You cant do anything, just add or remove nicknames of players who can have your tent visible.

Also i would suggest to limit players that can be added to like 8 since i could hardly imagine non pvp-gangsters adding more :>

So that was look from loners side, but gangs could also use these tents. Since now most pvp gangs buy bases (and thus names) near all northern towns, maybe with this suggestions shared tents would be enough for them, so many gang names could be saved :>

What do you think of all this?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 02:18:38 am by vedaras »

Surf

• это моё.
Re: Add small computer to your tent to make it shared tent.
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 01:52:27 am »

I agree that it can be a bit a pain on the arse if you want to share your tent with others. But, buddy, it's a TENT afterall. It would look absolutely ridicilous if there is a tent barely hanging together made of hides of a creature dwelling in the wild, and then there is a fully functionable computer standing next to it.  :P

Also, as much as I'd love same as you to share the location since I'm a loner, I guess it's meant to be so. If you want to have a big location to share with others, buy a base.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 01:59:57 am »

I agree that it can be a bit a pain on the arse if you want to share your tent with others. But, buddy, it's a TENT afterall. It would look absolutely ridicilous if there is a tent barely hanging together made of hides of a creature dwelling in the wild, and then there is a fully functionable computer standing next to it.  :P

Also, as much as I'd love same as you to share the location since I'm a loner, I guess it's meant to be so. If you want to have a big location to share with others, buy a base.

I dont really care it could be tent holodisk or anything where you could add names of people you would like to welcome in your tent.

arathhunter

• Arath =Gray Rock Village Leader= -Canadian Drow-
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 03:30:14 am »

actually, i like this idea, as were on the subject of crafting our own Terminal, why not be able to craft Furniture aswell? or maybe tent extentions, and even upgrade the matiral that its made of, like made out of junk, then maybe bricks or alloys,

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 03:31:29 am »

If you want to share some location, buy a base.
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2010, 03:53:41 am »

looks like your guna have to just tear it down and rebuild it with your buddy following you lol
Owner of FOnline 2258! A true Fallout inspired adventure!
http://bit.ly/3syLeTp
http://www.fonline2258.com

arathhunter

• Arath =Gray Rock Village Leader= -Canadian Drow-
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2010, 07:01:46 am »

buying a faction base would , like he has to get out of the NPC factions and use more money then normaly want to spend on just maybe a tent and a load of mats just to make a terminal, besides, at least just adding the terminal would save Faction Names if someone just wants to buy a base and share with friends

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2010, 07:57:17 am »

How about join this idea with this one? Make it possible to buy for 10-15k by one person with possibility to add another players using terminal, just like in bases now. Without workbench or any resources, bases need to have reason for buying them.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2010, 08:25:39 am »

Imho tents should be shareable but just for 10 characters as they are now (but people have to be with you during tent creation). Its logical that you should be able to mark your tent location on someone elses pipboy. Nothing really changes since 10 chars don't allow you to start gang or anything but make your player coop little less painful... And simply if you would want to add 11th guy then it would say something like "There is no more room for him/her" or something like that.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 08:27:37 am by Sius »

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2010, 10:58:49 am »

actually, i like this idea, as were on the subject of crafting our own Terminal, why not be able to craft Furniture aswell? or maybe tent extentions, and even upgrade the matiral that its made of, like made out of junk, then maybe bricks or alloys,

nah suggestion of my point would be not to allow anything that is not allowed in tent now. You can make it shared now, you will be able to make it shared after just it will be easier.

My all accounts are in npc factions same as for many other loners, so you understand that leaving these factions and rejoining them is not possible. So for buying a base, i would need to create 3 more alts, of which 2 will be deletedself right after, and one needed to be kept as base leader, this sounds pretty much dull for me.

How about join this idea with this one? Make it possible to buy for 10-15k by one person with possibility to add another players using terminal, just like in bases now. Without workbench or any resources, bases need to have reason for buying them.

i should repeat myself again. Your suggestion has unique advantages over tent, such as bookshelves and i think tent is a tent, if you want those shelves workbenches or any other advantages you need to buy a base. And computer wouldnt add anything that isnt already added it will just make sharing things easier.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 11:07:06 am by vedaras »

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2010, 11:01:12 am »

too expensive for new players.
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2010, 11:15:36 am »

too expensive for new players.
Not really. If you get 5 people the cave for 30k is just two days away. Only required skill is outdoorsman or FA at 40 to make ropes or powder. Then just check the vendors at Hub and Junktown every now and then after you maxed out your cooldown.

The problem now is that everyone wants to make their own faction because joining others is too risky both for you and for them. So the thousand players right now will have five hundred factions :p
Adding a semi-faction base for 15k would help with that. Unless, of course, devs prefer hundreds of tiny factions.
<Izual> Let's crash server

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2010, 11:17:33 am »

The problem now is that everyone wants to make their own faction
Well... everyone wants craftingpench and lockers to save items :D
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2010, 11:24:59 am »

I agree we need more variety of personal residence whether it is a wooden house or white adobe house or basement in a city ruin. Just for the feeling.

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2010, 11:37:16 am »

Computer belongs to bases.
Tents are only tents. Yes. They suck. That's why you need to buy a base. If you are in a NPC faction, then you don't need shared tents.
Obviously this feature is only meant to make alters life's easier.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 21 queries.