Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog

Poll

Are you intersted in a Full Role play dedicated server

Yes i would like it and take part of that server for sure
That'a a good idea, depend on the rules
Yes this is a good idea, but i don't know if i would take part of that server
I don't really care cause i don't play Role play
So fucking what!!! Screw you whit that dedicated Role Play server, you scum!!!!

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Roleplaying in cities  (Read 9421 times)

Roleplaying in cities
« on: April 26, 2010, 03:51:30 am »

Read the post , scroll down  the page
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 07:39:24 pm by Hannibal »
I dreamed of a world, where all our children can live...
to be raised and cooked in a good brahim meat pie...

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
Re: Your event ideas !
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 09:18:09 am »

Hello,
You might want to read this article. Yes, a roleplay system has already been tried in The Hub, and yes, it failed, for some reasons.

- Despite the great amount of players involved in project, Hub was still a dead town. Shopkeepers had to say in their shops, and what do you do all day when there are no customers ? Even when everybody was online, guards were patrolling, shopkeepers were in dead shops, barmen were in (rather) dead bar.
- Bombers. I'm among the ones that want explosives to be completely removed from the game, and I have to say mostly bombs made the project failed. As always when a project is created in FOnline - you saw the amount of stupid hatred towards the new Army Project - some players just wanted to make it crash, which resulted in dozens of bombs exploding on roleplayers.
- Lack of things to do. You can hold a shop, but it hasn't as many advantages as going in NCR and to shout. You can guard the place, but you'll still be less efficient than NPC guards, and less available too.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer
Re: Improved (RP idea) for the city's
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 10:00:30 am »

tl;dr I don't know what paragraphs are or my enter key is broken

really, space the suggestion out a bit, reading that insane wall of text is hell on the eyes

gordulan

• General Animosity
Re: Improved (RP idea) for the city's
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010, 10:03:21 am »

amazing wall of text man, you could really use some paragraphs.

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2010, 10:04:50 am »

Topics merged, stop talking about syntax now pease.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2010, 02:48:00 pm »

i myself think that suicide bombing on army increases roleplaying not crashes it.

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2010, 02:49:31 pm »

well, we do have a fully functional howitzer which can be fired anywhere on the world map, so, you'd better watch our, angumar got the coordinates designator for it.

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2010, 05:49:27 pm »

It's not about army here, it's about Hub. I agree with you Vedaras, dynamite to soldiers is okay, but dynamite to barmen ? Bad. =(
My Youtube channel.

- J.E. Sawyer

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2010, 05:56:15 pm »

It's not about army here, it's about Hub. I agree with you Vedaras, dynamite to soldiers is okay, but dynamite to barmen ? Bad. =(

well it sounds like helping hub criminals :D
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2010, 12:43:19 am »

So if the problem was anti rp players, what about starting a dedicated rpg server whit strict rules code to respect to protect the role playing?

This is only a suggestion, cause i have really no idea if it's an hard job to do or anything involved to do that, but i just throw the idea. I will be happy to help you the best as i can to help you set it up whit lot of idea, so let me know what you think about that option. Cause i am sure that you can have lot of dedicated role player that are intersted for real role play. Anyway in any game i played, the role play depend of the player and in most of the case, the only thing that can destroy rp is a minority of idiot that don't understand what Role play mean.

Thank you ;)
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2010, 09:22:59 am »

forced rp does not work
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2010, 10:27:32 am »

It is not really forced, if you keep a server whit free action to do, like the one we have atm. So doing another dedicated RPG server will just bring people who WANT to do RP, so i don't really think we can say it's forced RPG if you still have the choice to play in that server dedicated for role play instead of a more free roam killing spree server.

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2010, 10:32:46 am »

i guess that it's gonna be afew who'll justify their mindless pking by being an animal rights activist, or a terrorist, a marauder or raider, the list goes on and on, that is the weakness of any server there will always be people who will take time off from their lives just to ruin that of others, it's just human nature.

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2010, 12:01:45 pm »

Don't count me in an entirely dedicated RP server ;p Regardless that it is impossible now, and it would have to be based on TLA after the server would be released, it would be impossible to check everyone all the time and plus, there wouldn't be enough people to make a wasteland-wide roleplay.
My Youtube channel.

- J.E. Sawyer
What about RP dedicated server
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2010, 11:03:24 pm »

Hi there, i got an idea for a better ''rp'' (Role playing) in the city's. What about a good association whit the GM's and the player's. Let me explain. I don't know if you have played the death game fallout tactic RPG, but there was some good thing in that game. Like player's was able to play the Mayor, the police force and Mafia... What i want to say, is if the GM's can discuss about terms whit involved player's it can be really good.

First of all, you can start by making a test in any town for example, by starting recruiting a Mayor for the town, whit his special building well guarded by npc (you can take an existing building and modify it a little bit to become the mayor office.). Then the mayor can recruit a police force whit player's that agree to work as an enforcer for the town and keep a certain ''order'' in that crazy world. So by getting a Sheriff, who will be in charge of the town and make a police force in place. The sherrif can hire some officer who can be in charge of different duty. (example: someone can be in charge of the recruitment and take care of hiring new law enforcer and keep a list of the hired people and the law enforcer can go see that guy to receive his paid. So more than one player can do this and having a rotation. Another player can be in charge of dispatching the law enforcer for their duty, like defend the town entrance, patrolling the town, patrolling outside the town, guard the police station and the jail.) You could let some guard npc patroling the town, but maybe a little less than what we got and let the police force take care of the place. So if a player break the law, the police force can try to arrest him, or if he dont cooperate, just taking care of that bad guy by spreading his brain on the floor.

You could also instore a law system whit a judge, who can be the mayor. So the Role playing will be more intense if you can create some usefull job and task for the player's who want to do different thing's than just try to survive in the wasteland or roaming around to kill anything moving. To help the police force, you could let them have a police headquarter whit lot of good stuff to help them keep order in town like weapons and armor. The bank can also be runned by player too who take care of defending the money by paying other player's for protection. Bank can also loan some money whit interest rate. So if a player don't pay what he owe to the bank, it will let the Bounty hunter's having more job.

For example, the police force can control who enter the town and who can't. .when someone want to enter the town, the police officer's can '' use steal skill '' to see what the player who want to enter have in his inventory. So if he got a prohibited item on his inventory, that the mayor can choose what is prohibited or not in his town, like explosive or minigun for example, they can just ask him to left the area or just be killed or arested if he don't agree whit the police force in place.) So i don't know if it is possible to let some player be able to attack other player in town, without being attacked himself by the guard. So if someone have prohibited stuff on him, he can just let the police force take the item, go to another town or fight to enter. Then that stuff can be put in the police station as proof, or just sold to another town or mafia organisation to grow the city wealth.

Mayor can also give permission to a player store in his city.(for example: the mayor let a player have his own store in the town, then he paying tax's to the mayor to increase the town wealth. So the merchant can sell legal stuff, or try to go beyond the law by selling prohibited stuff. So the law can find what he do and and accept compensation for closing their eye's or just put him in jail for a while) I dont know if you can see the structure of that, but it will improve greatly the role playing of player's who are interested in role play.  I mean like the mayor can be a GM or player's can vote for the new mayor, that can choose himself his own law enforcer team to protect the city. If we want to have more activity on the town, the mayor can put some lock on every house on the town and sell or rent the key of that house to have a citizen's that are more attached to that town.

So, some faction's can try to attack those town well defended for an example get another faction player out of jail. People could also just pay the caps to get out of the jails, or if they can't you give them like a couple day's of jail, depend what crime he did and what the judge give him as sentence. So 2 days can be 2 days of in game time. This is just some idea that i know will need a good gestion, but it will really increase the possibility of role playing and will increase gameplay possibility.

An other example of gestion, if someone join the police force, he can receive a paid for his work like each week, inside game time... So people should be more interested as joining those organisation. So a town  whit that kind of protection could have some patroller team who roaming in the territorry around the town, so if there is a distress call, they can help player in need of assistance, they can also random encounter whit other player's to show everyone that you don't mess whit the force in place.

I have really a lot of idea like that, so if GM's want to discuss a bit whit me about that, ill be open to help you whit my idea. Let me know what you think about that, i am open to any comment. BTW by letting player's in charge of that will not take lot of time to GM's to let that system work, Player's in charge will have to make the system good or fail in the process, but if GM can just give starting stuff to let that new town gestion start, the people in charge will let us know if that is going good.

But the fact here in that kind of server will be to replace most of the npc who doing some function to let the player's do it instead of NPC's. So the crafter will have big use here and will be able to get some work by the merchant that will always need more stuff to supply the citizen's or the traveller's. Another thing that can be good in that kind of server would be to affect the player's if they don't get a meal by receiving a weakning effect until they eat something. So that will force people to come more in town to get what they need. Some player's could also hunt their food, or start hunting group that will supply the town restaurant and bar.

If you are interested, i will be open to put a plan on how we could set it up in general town system's just to get started and having some good starting option for who are interested...

Remember in the real world, not every governement doing good job, so it will depend of how people can handle it and i think it could be fun. So if people dont like how the town is ruled, they can just try to reverse the people in charge and try to run the town in the way they think it should be runed. Anyway this is just the base, any other brain playing fallout online can affect that in good or bad side, that's what the human kind can do, affect everything around him by his act and reaction.

BTW a G.M. told me that we would not have enough player in a rpg server. I will answer you by let you know that if you dont have enough rp player playing your game, its cause the rp died in your official server and you probly lost those player's who were bored of roaming in the wasteland to just try to kill people. Cause i think that game have a really high potential of role play if you get the good people in that system. But i don't know the truth on everything, so i am just saying what i think.

And as ultimate role playing system, what about stopping the respawn, so player's will be really more carefull in their act, cause like in real life, you die, you are dead. I think the suicide bomber's can think twice before attacking a place. Especially if you can have only 1 character alive per account on server. Thief's in city will be more carefull to dont get caught and will be more open to go visit the jail if they don't want to start another character again. (This is just an idea, don't know what people think about it, but i think people will think lot before doing stupid things)

Thank you to take some time to answer that poll  :)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 11:22:42 pm by Hannibal »
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 24 queries.