Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog

Poll

Are you intersted in a Full Role play dedicated server

Yes i would like it and take part of that server for sure
That'a a good idea, depend on the rules
Yes this is a good idea, but i don't know if i would take part of that server
I don't really care cause i don't play Role play
So fucking what!!! Screw you whit that dedicated Role Play server, you scum!!!!

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Roleplaying in cities  (Read 11209 times)

Re: What about RP dedicated server
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2010, 09:02:11 am »

I saw Role Play dedicated server in World of Warcraft - it failed couse it lured more 'trolls' then any other server. Its better have 1 normal server couse dedicated RP server tend to lure nasty trolls.

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
Re: What about RP dedicated server
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2010, 12:02:55 pm »

You don't have to open a new thread all the time. We have an edit-button.

gordulan

• General Animosity
Re: Roleplaying in cities
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2010, 12:06:29 pm »

i can see numerous suicide bombings happening, the town should be exclusive to those who actually want to roleplay, whatever happened to Nyan anyways, she had great ideas when it comes to roleplaying (avatar didn't look that bad either).
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 12:12:23 pm by gordulan »

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2010, 05:14:32 pm »

i like roleplay but i dont think that separate server will be benefit for fonline community. try to add roleplay elements into the existing world, instead of dreaming of roleplay server without PK... haha, you fools
So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2010, 06:08:15 pm »

personally, while i like role playing in games like those based on PnP games, i don't think this would go over well, as mentioned it'd draw the worst of the trolls right there, heck, it'd probally work better to set up a role player server and than hold the events on the normal one to get them all to stalk the other one for a bit.

-Ulrek-
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2010, 07:02:15 pm »

i like roleplay but i dont think that separate server will be benefit for fonline community. try to add roleplay elements into the existing world, instead of dreaming of roleplay server without PK... haha, you fools

Seriously i think that you don't understand. Role Play don't mean that you can't kill other player at all, it mean that you are playing the role of you carachter... Play the role of a raider if ya want to kill people, but usually a raider stay far from a town... sometime they can try to attack the place to get more stuff or wathever, but usually a raider should try to ambush other player's between city's

So role play don't mean to erase all PK you fool!!! It mean to try to install some interaction between player's instead of just shoot and laugh at blue shirt you ripped off whit your mini-gun...

BTW they already tried and didn't worked on the actual server, so that's why i throw the idea
I dreamed of a world, where all our children can live...
to be raised and cooked in a good brahim meat pie...
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2010, 07:05:50 pm »

And for the ''Troll'' that why it should have some rule's on that server, like using print screen if someone don't follow the rule's, you take the picture that you post on a thread for the outlaw's, then GM just ban them from that server and they can still go to normal free for all server.
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2010, 07:11:00 pm »

Yeah sorry Lexx for the new thread, i won't do that again  ;)
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2010, 08:50:30 pm »

And for the ''Troll'' that why it should have some rule's on that server, like using print screen if someone don't follow the rule's, you take the picture that you post on a thread for the outlaw's, then GM just ban them from that server and they can still go to normal free for all server.

try playing neverwinter nights 1 online and its RP servers.

they already do that type of thing there, and it ends up with people pissed of due to people reporting each other and getting each other in trouble, perhaps even with a faked screenshot, i know i could make one.

also, i didn't vote, due to the fact that the options don't suit what i think of this idea, i like it but its to flawed and the wrong type of player base to do it with.

cheers again.

-Ulrek-
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2010, 09:46:14 pm »

I have good experiences with fully roleplay servers. Do you know Ultima Online? Lots of shards works as roleplay ones.

I would play on fully roleplay fallout server.

But there are some problems.
The first one is rules and "cops", someone have to protect community against trolls. Maybe start it as closed server, and slowly recruit new players, friends of those players. So community would be pretty closed, happy etc. and then, when everyone would know everyone, the server could go open, because community would be settled and trying itself to protect its rules against trolls.

Another problem is too mutch of space. Because roleplaying is about player interaction, you cannot build roleplay server on big world, or you can, but there should be only few places, where you can live.

As the last thing, I would likely to try some oneshot. Like that vault. Two hours project with players as actors, or something like P'n'P RPG in fonline enviroment. Or urban larp...
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2010, 12:19:26 am »

oh i never said fallout couldnt be a good RP game, but the games i got my role playing habbits from had some very realish role play, meaning no smilies, no other wise out of character stuff unless it had some markings like " // " or " (( " etc. also no "meta-gaming" of names or other character information, you needed to remember peoples name and fake names in character not just read what was over there head.

and with the multi language player base, and not to mention the random odds of finding a nice idiot friend of a friend of a invited person that gets invited as well..

as for role playing a vault... i think we'd do what people likely really would have done... go crazy and shoot each other from being stuck underground.

..so i'd vote for taking over klamath and RPing the gecko pelt trade.. just need the brotherhood to have a few knights with miniguns visiting to keep the not so nice type of idiot out.

cheers.

-Ulrek-
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2010, 07:02:55 am »

I have good experiences with fully roleplay servers. Do you know Ultima Online? Lots of shards works as roleplay ones.

I would play on fully roleplay fallout server.

But there are some problems.
The first one is rules and "cops", someone have to protect community against trolls. Maybe start it as closed server, and slowly recruit new players, friends of those players. So community would be pretty closed, happy etc. and then, when everyone would know everyone, the server could go open, because community would be settled and trying itself to protect its rules against trolls.

Another problem is too mutch of space. Because roleplaying is about player interaction, you cannot build roleplay server on big world, or you can, but there should be only few places, where you can live.

As the last thing, I would likely to try some oneshot. Like that vault. Two hours project with players as actors, or something like P'n'P RPG in fonline enviroment. Or urban larp...

Yeah i like the idea of closed server to start it, like maybe we could all agree to start whit like 2 town, not so far from each other to establish comunity in those 2 town and see how its going. Then after some time we could let more player's enter the server settle down another town or two... anyway i think you can see the pattern, so when the town well know their citizen , we will see if that working good and the protection will be well installed by player's there to stop the new player's who want to kill the project... So when we open another town, if there is problem there, the force in older town can give a hand to the new town project to make sure this is going good... Anyway i think you bring a good idea here and we can start something whit that. Cause if the new player's on server selected are jerk's full of maggot's, they can be easily identified and put out of the server before they can harm the project... I would like to hear about GM's too about that kind of server if they are intersted or not to help us set it up...

Cause i see alot the GM's complaining about player's who make trouble and screw the rp, or just abusing the system, but by starting from begining whit an other server it can maybe help them to not do the same error that bring them the problem's we all know we have atm...

But for my part, i really like what they done for us whit fallout online and i am sure we can do it a game for real rp'ers cause lot of us like rp, but we all know that this is quite impossible to do it for the moment.

BTW, if we lacking of player's to protect the town, in most of the time, the use of Mercenary can be good idea to help the enforcer team. Cause atm, most of the time, the npc's guard most working for the jerk's that are abusing the system's than for the player's who just try to defend themselves against those prick's
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 07:09:15 am by Hannibal »
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2010, 08:18:11 am »

i can see numerous suicide bombings happening,
Removing dynamite and c4 is possible and if it were an RP server then that would probably be the first thing to do. The second would be to make each attack do 1-2 damage for the first month to scare away the trolls.
<Izual> Let's crash server

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2010, 08:23:28 am »

what about instakills, since no matter the base damagean instakill is still an instakill

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2010, 08:53:52 am »

The problem for town roleplay is bombers not people with guns. As soon as you draw your weapon everyone sees it and has a split-second to react. That's good.
With bombs you just see a normal person walking to you saying "hi" and then he explodes killing everyone.
<Izual> Let's crash server
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 24 queries.