"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 01:39:33 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog

Poll

Would you like to have different ways to obtain HQ?

Yes
- 46 (60.5%)
not sure
- 8 (10.5%)
no
- 22 (28.9%)

Total Members Voted: 76

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: HQ Materials  (Read 12637 times)

HQ Materials
« on: April 13, 2010, 02:15:24 am »

(sorry if there bad grammar, I could think one thing type another)

Well my suggestion is simple. I think there needs to be more ways to obtain HQ materials. It is to hard to get any HQ. You have  big CD for little and constant pk at the mines. I can understand the fact that pose to be hard to obtain. But nearly impossible is stupid. I suggest to add other place to get it. I would make Death claws in caves carry High quality materials. Maybe have pretty well guard caves with some HQ in it. I also add HQ to person mines people buy. Maybe even some kind encounter with HQ Like caravan selling them. Maybe the CD in unguarded towns mining lower.

Please use polls if you read this thought about it. (This will show people thoughts on the issue
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 02:48:47 am by Cheezy »

Surf

• это моё.
Re: HQ Materials
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 02:56:39 am »

I agree with adding a bit of variety to obtain HQ Materials. But the main purpose in adding them was (I suppose) to make it more dangerous and not so easy to obtain "High Tier" stuff. So the varieties of obtaining HQ should be equal dangerous as the unguarded mines are. Best advice: go to those mines at night, when barely some people are online, or go to those mines with a few buddies of you, fully armed.
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 03:13:04 am »

Ya not saying make it easy but add more ways to gain it. Like some good PvE ,  just different ways then just what we got now.

P.s. not everyone can play anytime they want to.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 03:15:59 am »

P.s. not everyone can play anytime they want to.

Yes, as I said, I agree. It's not the best way to go at the moment, but it's a slight chance to get some of the materials. I know your problems, I'm playing a loner character and have to look at the time when I want to gather some of this material. ;) Some PVE Options for obtaining them would be really nice.
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 03:23:56 am »

Well thnx for agreeing, I like to see more people post on this here and use polls. Maybe if we get enough people to get behind it they do something about it. Just nice thought.

Pandemon

• The GM-eater
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2010, 06:58:33 am »

I agree.
There is nothing as demotivating as the Game Masters

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2010, 01:12:36 pm »

There is a danger that too many things will spread the population too thin and the entire point of HQ materials will fail. Don't think any additional sources, apart from the 3 mines, will be added.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

Frozen Mind

• Los Alamos Warrior
    • Homepage
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2010, 01:32:21 pm »

Crafting anything demands many free time. For example to craft most of 3lvl SG arms having no resources (but tools) at start you have to visit 5 places: 1 standard mine, 2x HQ mine, 1 town ruins, 1 forest. Adding cool down having 0 at start it will take you a little more than hour to make a gun. I've counted travel time, but if you die having resources on you (like after mining in unguarded mines or in a way back to the base), you can add next 20 minutes of cool down. Now crafting clearly became a job for 'no lifers', what causes crafter -> fighter migration and even people quiting FOnline because of boredom in collecting resources. I won't tell what is my opinion about this statement, but what I've written here are just heard thoughts of some other players.

Here some suggestions and observations:

1. If you have base around Necropolis or a tent somewhere in south, you have REALLY long way to dig HQ resources. It's not balanced and I think there should be a closed mine around Glow.

2. What about RARE encounters in zones like mountains with abandoned HQ mines (as a cave type for example), so you can call via radio a miner?

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2010, 01:37:49 pm »

People complained about having to stand round waiting for timeouts, now they have to move around hte world map but have large concessions in cumulative gathering and much shorter timeouts.

The normal quality versions can still be mined safely, so if you don't want to take the risk you don't have to.

avv

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2010, 02:08:12 pm »

Right now people are going to mine with just sledge. They got nothing to lose but cooldown and that sledge, if people were encouraged to stay alive longer, they'd go to mine with guns. If we also had some sort of recognition system for pks, it would be hard for lone playerkiller to terrorize a mine if everyone started to shoot him on sight. Hell, some players would surely just go to mines to protect them, right now it's hard because you can't tell who's a pk.

You can always trade with other players, but items made of high q materials are very expensive because they are the only product that cannot be received by alting. If every player could only produce few type of items, they would actually want to exchange their products with each other.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2010, 02:20:38 pm »

It is risky to get HQ materials, that's for sure. I see two possible ways to get them now - go with bunch of suiciders with guns and shoot your way in and out, or go alone with a hammer and pray not to meet anyone armed inside. If you will be lucky, you will meet some people that recognize you and let you dig (cheers for guys guarding Gecko's mine yesterday at night!), but it is an exception, not a rule.
Wasteland is harsh :>

I forgot:
1. If you have base around Necropolis or a tent somewhere in south, you have REALLY long way to dig HQ resources. It's not balanced and I think there should be a closed mine around Glow.
+1 to this.
Mine around Necropolis, guarded by ghouls, would be nice. They have a pump reparied by Vault Dweller and know how to maintain technology, eh? To keep balance there should be an unguarded mine near Glow. Both Necropolis and Glow are dead places now.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 03:02:42 pm by Wichura »
Nie biegaj za stadem.

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2010, 03:08:37 pm »

Irradiated mine at Glow. With some optional centaurs.
Noone will camp there, the location is too far away and Rad-X would get a purpose.
Goddamnit, why i'm here again?
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2010, 03:19:32 pm »

Mine around Necropolis, guarded by ghouls, would be nice. They have a pump reparied by Vault Dweller and know how to maintain technology, eh? To keep balance there should be an unguarded mine near Glow. Both Necropolis and Glow are dead places now.
Near Necropolis is not that much needed. NCR is close-ish already. But HQ near Glow would be certainly welcome. Something for us south-loving wastelanders.

Irradiated mine at Glow. With some optional centaurs.
Noone will camp there, the location is too far away and Rad-X would get a purpose.
Actually... This might be a cool idea. To have a slightly irradiated mine there. Not five-minutes-you-are-dead irradiated, but maybe make it so that standing there for a total of 30 minutes will kill your character.
Campers are free to take Rad-X with them. Also, if it is possible, digging should give X radiation per click there. So that even a 30 second speedrunner would get enough radiation to be dead after three visits.
<Izual> Let's crash server
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2010, 03:33:38 pm »

Yeah i'd love to see new mining areas, I think its a little annoying for only the bigger gangs or town ownere to get these materials when they usually have the  most advantage in the game already - so giving less chance for competition (because other gangs can't get decent equipment). The only time I can get to these places is at ungodly hours and not many people get the chance to play at these times

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2010, 05:52:06 pm »

I think the glow will remain isolated ... for when the glow is a desirable destination itself :)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 24 queries.