Author Topic: 3d models development  (Read 611705 times)

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
Re: 3d models development
« Reply #630 on: February 03, 2011, 05:53:16 pm »
Running around with M60 looks better than with the flamer. :p I agree that these animations still need some work. Combat Armor looks great.

« Reply #631 on: February 03, 2011, 06:21:31 pm »
Running with the big guns would look more natural if the char carried the gun sideways close to the body.

Like in this picture.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Offline Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #632 on: February 03, 2011, 06:38:12 pm »
Wow, model with combat armor look really awesome. but animation is still weird ;p
For the big gun running: he look like he was charging with bayonet... Try like avv said, Should look more natural.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

Offline Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #633 on: February 03, 2011, 06:50:35 pm »
The combat armor looks good but is a bit too bright and the "shine" is a bit too much, imo.

Offline Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #634 on: February 03, 2011, 06:57:37 pm »
The combat armor looks good but is a bit too bright and the "shine" is a bit too much, imo.

Didn't he said he is bad at texture and asking someone to retexture it? ;p
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

Offline Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #635 on: February 03, 2011, 07:00:31 pm »
Really nice to see such progress. Keep it up everyone :)
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

Offline Pudzian_Koks

• Hardkorowy Koksu + Pudzian = Ja
« Reply #636 on: February 03, 2011, 07:30:26 pm »
Omg Combat Armor looks awesome! I love it.

Can someone texturing other armors, maybe MA, PA, APA from VB to Karpov model? I really enjoy to see Karpov model with combat armor. Again awesome progress  :) I cant wait to see it on 2238 and SDK.
Nie ma opierdalania się! - Hardkorowy Koksu.

Offline Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #637 on: February 03, 2011, 07:33:41 pm »
The animation looks now much better, and the CA looks pretty sweet, too.
I'll see what can be done with UV, have to work it out first, too...

Now that i notice it again... Solar, where does your avatar comes from?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 07:35:30 pm by Alvarez »

« Reply #638 on: February 03, 2011, 07:59:46 pm »
Gray, the Combat armor is absolutely beautiful. I worked perfectly. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CViY3am8_SA
In my opinion it looks to shiny, somehow plastic. And its a bit too fat around stomach, and too tight on the top. But great progress  ;)

Here is another video of the big gun animation. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUdYbNPXjlQ
In my opinion he looks like sneaking a bit, i think it would be better if he held weapon some other way like you said. I think having it on the side is good idea. This animation could work as sneaking animation with few changes though?  :)

Great work eitherway!

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #639 on: February 03, 2011, 08:35:59 pm »
Outstanding work! On both, the CA and the big guns running animation.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline pistacja

• Ninja-Nurse
    • pistacja69.deviantart.com
« Reply #640 on: February 03, 2011, 08:45:46 pm »
The animation may seam odd because in some places the foot slides on the ground where it should not.

The run animation looks strange because the original run animation from fallout IS strange.

Falloutish:

Real World:

There may be another issue. These are two frames, one after another, you can see the character changed position but he did not change his pose, one more key frame might be needed here.

I'm not criticising, I'm just trying to help.
Don't shot!

Offline Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #641 on: February 03, 2011, 08:47:53 pm »
Now that i notice it again... Solar, where does your avatar comes from?

Its part of a painting thats hanging in my living room, of a Vault Dwelleress holding a YK32 Pistol :)

Pistacja is right, the leading leg on the run comes up too high, which makes it look a little odd.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

« Reply #642 on: February 03, 2011, 09:25:56 pm »
I just wanted to say that this stuff is really looking great.  It's nice to see that after 30 pages about weapon models, we're getting into player models (that's not a criticism, it's all great work).  Anyway, I can't wait to see this stuff in game, it looks like it's getting close-ish to completion...?  It's like waiting for Christmas, kind of.
Also, is it possible to use the van buren models and Karpov's models?  It'd be a little more customization, you can pick either at character creation.  I'm not sure if its possible though.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 09:29:06 pm by TheGreenHand »

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #643 on: February 03, 2011, 09:55:29 pm »
I just wanted to say that this stuff is really looking great.  It's nice to see that after 30 pages about weapon models, we're getting into player models (that's not a criticism, it's all great work).  Anyway, I can't wait to see this stuff in game, it looks like it's getting close-ish to completion...?  It's like waiting for Christmas, kind of.
Also, is it possible to use the van buren models and Karpov's models?  It'd be a little more customization, you can pick either at character creation.  I'm not sure if its possible though.

Thanks GreenHand, I am sure it can be done because that's the way I have it now in the SDK, I even had some fun hitting some Van Buren characters  ;D

And pistacja, thank you for that very precise GIF you prepared, it sure will help. You are right about the double frame, that's where the animation loops, so I may have to delete first or last frame to make it smooth. You must have 10 Perception  ;) . Running animation in the original game does the same thing with the leg, it is a bit "cartoonish", but I guess lowering it a bit would not be bad.

I'll see if I can manage to fix that, should not be a problem.

Offline Gray

« Reply #644 on: February 04, 2011, 06:31:43 am »
Can someone texturing other armors, maybe MA, PA, APA from VB to Karpov model?
I'm on it.
The animation may seam odd because in some places the foot slides on the ground where it should not.
The problem is hiding in animation speed. It's quite difficult to synchronize it with character movement speed. Speed up it too much - the character will slide, slower - it's "skiing".
But it's need to be done.
The precise method is to align the step length and time with character's movement speed.
In my opinion it looks to shiny, somehow plastic.
According the background, it's made of plastic and ceramic. Additionally, the texture is included in SDK, it's just a picture. You are free to make the better one. At this moment, this is the best we have, and it's much better then I can do.
And its a bit too fat around stomach, and too tight on the top.
It seems so to me too, but I may be sure of it only after seeing the model in the game. I can reshape it, but my work is not the final step of model integration. It depends of Karpov. If it takes a lot of additional work - it's not appropriate to reshape it each time somebody note a flaw.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 06:46:43 am by Gray »