"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 14, 2024, 12:02:44 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog

Poll

What do you think of the possibility to raise you own dogs, to use or sell them ?

Great idea !
- 8 (30.8%)
Good idea but need to be discussed.
- 6 (23.1%)
I don't see the point.
- 8 (30.8%)
Should'nt be implemented.
- 0 (0%)
That's fallout heretic !
- 4 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Raise dogs  (Read 4229 times)

Raise dogs
« on: March 20, 2011, 04:13:40 pm »

Here is my little idea about man's best friend : we should be able to raise them !

There would be male and female dogs, with possibility to see their gender with the binocular look, and if we got one of each left at the tent for several days the female would become pregnant.

The pregnancy of the dog lasting 2 months, the first month of pregnancy the female would be able to serve as usual, and the second it would be impossible to make it move frome the tent. A little message would advertise the player that he have to bring his dog to the tent the week before the beginning of the "real" pregnancy, and if the player does not do it, well too bad the dog is lost.

After that it would birth like 2d6 puppies at the tent, with one supplementary month of immobilization due to the need of it taking care of the puppies while they are growing (one month is short but lets say radiations turned the wastelands dogs into some kind of super-fast growing animals).

And then, tadada, you got your pack of dogs !!!
Big time investissement but then big joy to have your own puppies !

Don't know too much about the different breeds existing (i saw 3 of them, klamaths's dogs, junktown "normal" dogs and junktown "savage scoutin" ones) but we can say the puppies will be of the same kind than the mother.

What do you think of that idea ?

« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 04:15:16 pm by Belkarr »

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
Re: Raise dogs
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 04:46:59 pm »

Deleted useless posts.

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 04:48:32 pm »

No
Last time I said something like that, Surf or Solar warned me  ::)

Anyway, my answer is - No. This isn't a dog farm, or maybe some other real time dog strategy game. Besides, it's very low priority and has no real purpose until other changes are made to the server.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 05:06:32 pm »

"This isn't a dog farm"

Of course, but first it would be another way to make money (selling the extra dogs) and second it would really simplify the life of the dog-users players.

Being a prick in outdoorsman, the scouting dogs of Junktown really helped my out for my first levels, and i would still use them if their price wasn't constantly rising and if i hadn't to make big travels each time they die, wich happens really often.

The way i saw that, the "dog farming" would have just been some kind of passive action, like an investissement, more than a full-time activity.

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2011, 05:22:18 pm »

This is wasteland not animal house :P
Raise you own dogs irl, but stay out of 2238.

Cola

• Knowledge is everything.
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2011, 05:25:57 pm »

We should be able to own dogs, but not raise them.
My current In-game name is Colan.
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2011, 07:12:22 pm »

Well did'nt seemed too "fallout heretic" to me that a wastelander could have his own dog pack guarding his tent ...

Seems more realisitic than the dog-accompanied wastelander -like 9/10 of the FO1 characters- buying and rebuying dogs death after death ...

"We should be able to own dogs, but not raise them."

Yes, the term "raise" was maybe a bit too much, I thinked more to own them AND that they can reproduce at the tent if we let them here some time ...
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 07:15:29 pm by Belkarr »

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2011, 07:14:10 pm »

man, its not sims, its wasteland, people struggle to survive, not raise dogs for the lulz, i dont like this idea. Still i think dogs bought in junktown should be somewhat stronger, or have better resistance, now its impossible to level up them, and unlike brahmins for example their purpose is combat only.
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2011, 07:17:46 pm »

Sic, it's not "for lulz" but to be more realistic AND handy ; for the moment dogs are barely usables. 

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2011, 07:25:06 pm »

well then we could force combat male slaves to fuck combat female slaves to make some combat children... to be more handy... still man i dont think that suits fallout :>
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2011, 07:40:48 pm »

go buy yourself a tamagotchi xD
oldschool thing
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2011, 07:45:11 pm »

aint wasteland survival style? why not make dogs f... themselves? after all, dogs have that nature anyway. 2 months could be good for RPer, but not for combat character.... so id say Yes.
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2011, 07:47:17 pm »

aint wasteland survival style? why not make dogs f... themselves? after all, dogs have that nature anyway. 2 months could be good for RPer, but not for combat character.... so id say Yes.
most of dogs would die as puppies. is that what you want? >:(
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2011, 07:51:07 pm »

"well then we could force combat male slaves to fuck combat female slaves"

Hey, that's and idea ! ;D

"aint wasteland survival style? why not make dogs f... themselves? after all, dogs have that nature anyway. 2 months could be good for RPer, but not for combat character.... so id say Yes."

Cool, first comment not comparing raising packs of dogs and playing tamagochi/sims or barbie ^^
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 07:54:22 pm by Belkarr »

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2011, 03:42:59 am »

Similar stuff has been accepted before as a good idea, so dogs get eventually a bit more variety (and so does the gameplay). Replies with "this is not sims blabla" will just be junked next time.
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 24 queries.