"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 05, 2024, 06:06:23 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Player(or faction)-driven shops  (Read 1691 times)

sander

• I can see ya reading my posts.
Player(or faction)-driven shops
« on: January 08, 2011, 12:42:22 am »

Subject says for itself.

The way I see it:
(At first we need to add couple of buildings inside or outside each city.)
Leader of faction speaks with some NPC, this NPC offers e.g. tent, small building and large building.

Tent
Just a tent , like Buster has.
- costs 100 000 caps + 5 000 caps weekly (rent + shopkeeper salary)
- space for 2 guards
- 2 locked crates - 1 for cash and 1 for items

Small building
Just like any bank building
- costs 200 000 caps + 10 000 caps weekly
- space for 4 guards
- has locked vault room for stuff

Large building
- costs 350 000 caps + 20 000 caps weekly
- space for 6 guards
- has locked vault room for stuff

Building cost & rent should vary from town to town (should be very cheap in unprotected towns)

Then leader chooses which guards to hire (also "no guards, please" is an option too). Guards occupy all guard slots and you should pay  for them too(if you pay 500 caps per week for guards in tent, you should pay 1000 caps for same guards in small building due to the number of guards ). Ofc guards should have a lot of hp and should be sg/ew snipers (no exploding or bursting weapon).

The leader of a faction(or one of the important members) must pay weekly (rent & guards' salary should come in one bill) , otherwise shop will be closed after 1 day waiting period.

After paying the bill(to the NPC, which sold you a building), the NPC should offer to change guards (to cheaper or better ones).

Trading process
In each shop there shuold be 1 container for stuff. Faction members can put here anything, that would be immediately transported to the shopkeeper for sale.

From each transaction shopkeeper "puts" half of money income to the vault.

Also there probably should be some methods of changing shopkeeper's trading policy (e.g. Leader of a faction can say: "don't buy big guns", which will set all BG buing price to 0, or "store all miniguns in the vault", which will force shopkeeper to "put" all miniguns in locked container, apart from caps) and price policy (e.g. "sell all small guns for 2\3 of price" or "buy all Rockets for 2x price" to get what you need and stimulate economics - players would be able to sell unnecessary ammunition for bigger price and buy necessary for lower)

Guards' policy
-holstered weapon in shop is allowed only for faction members.
-all detected thieves are shot(probably no corpse looting for this guards), no chasing if the thief leaves the shop.
-everybody, who tries to get in vault(except Leader of a faction or important members) are shot immediately.
-vault doors open when the leader asks shopkeeper to do so

To avoid abusing all NPCs in shop should be neutral or should belong to current town's faction.
And yes, the shop can be robbed, but the robbers should be able to neutralize all shop guards plus all town guards that will be attracted by shooting, also the robbers should have a good lockpicker as  the higher rent - the safer are locks in the shop.

All prices are for illustrative purposes only.
Well, that's it.

P.S.: Sry for terrible English.

Note: Buildings are not literary sold, u just need to pay (100k, 200k etc.) 1 time to "open" the shop... If you stop paying rent - you'll have 1 day to take everything away, otherwise all your stuff will disappear and the building will become avialiable for any faction to buy.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 01:18:34 am by sander »
My English sux. I bet your Russian sux better.©
Re: Player(or faction)-driven shops
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 12:53:53 am »

like the general idea, but dont like it to be so much faction orientated (faction faction everywhere faction  :P)....

so +1 as long as it will be available to loners too  ;)

sander

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 01:00:52 am »

...faction orientated...

I want it to be faction-oriented (or at least very expensive) because of bad hotel experience - lots of players can afford it, but there's almost always no free rooms.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 01:02:03 am »

It shouldn't be robbable period.  Why?  Because none of the npc shops are robbable.  Sorry.  

BUT!!!!!

I am lovin everything else, its simply awesome.  but yeah, it shouldn't be only faction oriented.  Loner need love too.(due to recent post)
Of course... how would we implement this on the map?  I believe there is only one solution:

A map around each town SPECIFICALLY designed to spawn traders (and if possible shop buildings around traders but afaik it is not possible) simply have one chest, put items in there, etc, talk to npc about settings and everything goes in the chest no mater what.  

Also why the hell would the shopkeeper need half of the caps made if he's already on a salary?

Anyways, good idea, probably not possible though, needs some changes.

P.s. if it must be, only for factions, then so be it, we would love this anyways.  :-*
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

sander

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 01:11:00 am »

...Also why the hell would the shopkeeper need half of the caps made if he's already on a salary?...
I meant he puts some caps in vault to assure that there are always some cash in the shop.(you can take it at any time, shopkeeper just don't trade with other players for money or weaponz that are put in vault)

AND
I don't suggest to create buldings dynamically - I suggest to add 3-4 buildings in each town so there will be fixed amount of buildings, or just to add "trading quarters" location to each town(with fixed amount of rentable buildings).
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 01:25:38 am by sander »
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2011, 03:35:07 am »

sounds good but what if you implement a speech dialog option so the hired vendor can tell the player specific types of merchandise they are looking to trade for and those they don't accept.

Also they could say if they are paying a higher price for said merchandise (specific amount debatable but i suppose you could check whilst you barter with it anyway).

avv

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2011, 10:05:24 am »

Having 24/7 service selling things we actually need for exchange to what they need would totally help testing how player driven economy would turn out.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2011, 01:02:38 pm »

thumbs up for player-driver economy since the npc's one is damn poor
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2011, 06:47:15 pm »

There is a slightly easier (Perhaps) way of setting up a un-lootable shot keeper.

Make a box in a faction base, and have what in that box show up as buyable at the factions vendors, since most big players have enough buy to at least buy a cave base, and than could kick the other members out.

This way, your intro fee in to being a trader is the base, and the slaves/mercs, and the traders can be shoot, but not looted. since all the items are still at the faction base. leaving only the guards posted as worth attacking.

-Ulrek-

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2011, 04:01:00 pm »

It would be nice to see player buildings in wasteland and +1 more to this idea.
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2011, 05:46:25 am »

Player shops! +1
AIM: nuclearweapons4u

<Marko>kurwa = doing sex in a manner of cheating, or prostitution. there is another word for fuck.
<Kilgore>   personally, i use it as a comma
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2011, 04:42:38 pm »

Any type of auction would be great! +1
Kill them all and let the god sort them out.
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2011, 05:59:58 pm »

I like this idea, but would like to have craftable player shops that use tons of materials. Then a weekly fee would have to be paid to the npc for upkeep. At least 10000 caps I'd say.
Oni Akuma
Boo Radley
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2011, 06:08:40 pm »

low prices for shops, lot of people can buy each, i think more than 1kk needed to tent :) thats make some balance

Let the Force be with You.

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2011, 06:36:52 pm »

Or better :D
Shopkeeper make prices.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 21 queries.