"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 09:18:42 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Sneaking  (Read 3866 times)

jonny rust

• Caravan Dan
Sneaking
« on: August 31, 2010, 03:04:57 pm »

Just had a mild rant about this in the wip thread but thought I should probably add it here as well.

its a question suggestion;

why is it that one can hide only from PCs who one is following?

it caters ONLY to stalkers as far as I can tell and, for the record, I have nothing against stalkers;

if you find a way to carve out a living in the waste then more power to you but this makes no sense! if it is possible to sneak from another player in one case then it should always be a possibility. it makes no sense that I can only sneak from people who are meant to be my allys!

so the suggestion here is, in ragards to sneaking from other players, is make it a blanket rule one way or another!

I dont understand some of the double standards im seeing here

ghostiez

Re: Sneaking
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 11:06:00 pm »

yea i was wondering about that too, i am still unsure if you can hide from pvp i am guessing what you said is that you cant...
well,..... so im voteing for hide from everyone with sneak, if youre sneaked, youre snuk.
...(vote(... well anyways good rant imo.. peace
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 12:32:49 am by ghostiez »

wezu

• Flamin' Troll
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 11:07:56 am »

What? Wait... No, it can't be... Can it? Oh crap...

Are you telling me that if I want to sneak past some Pk to a mine or something, I've got to first follow-tag them and I can only hide from one at a time?

This is so wrong. You need 10 int, skilled, educated x2, thief, ghost, silent running to be a good sneaker and have one more or less good skill...  and you still can't sneak? You migth as well tag speach and gambling.
Give an idiot a carrot and he'll cut himself.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2010, 01:05:02 pm »

What are you all on about?  :-\
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

vilaz

• #1 Cat's Paw Fan!
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2010, 02:59:17 pm »

What are you all on about?  :-\

I think we are trying to figure out something useful out of newcomer suggestions. You know something like fresh air which is not... well... not exactly an air.

EDIT: Awww dammit... bad topic -_- sorry
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 03:05:39 pm by vilaz »
Polskie Pustkowia http://forum.newfmc.pl
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2010, 03:03:44 pm »

Are you telling me that if I want to sneak past some Pk to a mine or something, I've got to first follow-tag them and I can only hide from one at a time?

what made you think so, man? i didn't see such thing in game and i didn't understand anything like this in the topic post. i think what he means is you can sneak pass from players, but you can't sneak pass from the npcs (raiders, critters, deathclaws, town guards, etc.)

wezu

• Flamin' Troll
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2010, 03:14:11 pm »

what made you think so, man? i didn't see such thing in game and i didn't understand anything like this in the topic post. i think what he means is you can sneak pass from players, but you can't sneak pass from the npcs (raiders, critters, deathclaws, town guards, etc.)
This made me think so:
why is it that one can hide only from PCs who one is following?

Is this totally bananas?
Give an idiot a carrot and he'll cut himself.
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2010, 03:55:48 pm »

This made me think so:
Is this totally bananas?

there are lots of sneak looters ın cities that loot dead players during TC. they cant tag them all. and as you stated if you had to tag players to sneak them, that would make sneak totally useless and would make sneak another gambling or speech. as far as i know, there is no such feature in game. even solar didn't understand what are you arguing about.

jonny rust

• Caravan Dan
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2010, 07:47:43 pm »

Sorry, I have been away from the game for a while and wasnt able to clear up the questions this raised.

what I said is true;

I was being stalked (PC tagged me and followed when I left town to kill me and my group)

so we stopped to kill him but as soon as we dropped to the map the stalker disappeared!

our turn was wasted because we could not see him and we all have a very good perception.

next turn there he was again with a few plasma grenades and blew us all up.

we were baffled at why we could not see him during our turn so we asked admin and they told us that he was able to sneak from us because he was a part of our party.

I know it makes no sense, hence the confusion in this thread but that is exactly the purpose of this thread

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2010, 08:01:00 pm »

questions:

1.  Can someone sneak while not on world map (AKA cities, encounters, whatever) and then have it in use when going onto the world map?

jonny rust

• Caravan Dan
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2010, 08:58:24 pm »

questions:

1.  Can someone sneak while not on world map (AKA cities, encounters, whatever) and then have it in use when going onto the world map?

I'm not sure, but even if you could my original understanding of sneak was that the only people who wouldn't see you when you dropped in would be NPCs

In my case though the stalker was visible at the beginning of his turn but then went into sneak right away and disappeared. 

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2010, 10:49:09 pm »

questions:

Yes, how do you think people get stalker tagged and suddenly stuff from their base and/or tent stuff suddenly goes missing.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2010, 10:55:33 pm »

questions:

You can even enter sneak on WM.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2010, 06:05:13 pm »

You can even enter sneak on WM.

does this mean you wont need outdoorsman if you have high sneak?
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2010, 06:30:43 pm »

Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 3.489 seconds with 27 queries.