"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 08:31:14 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog

Poll

Should there be a tutorial at the start to help people understand and get used to the game?

No
- 6 (26.1%)
Yes
- 10 (43.5%)
Yes, but for only simple things, so as to not give an advantage.
- 7 (30.4%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Tutorial at start of game  (Read 2016 times)

Tutorial at start of game
« on: June 30, 2010, 10:53:33 am »

I made this as I recently found out from another one of my topics that a beginner's protection would not be suited (polite way of saying liked) for higher lv players after many complaints. So instead I thought of the idea that a tutorial at the beginning would help new people to the game (newbs) starting off and understanding the game. This would mean less people will leave the game after their first go (like I considered, lucky I'm not a quitter) without giving them an advantage over other players or over players that are the same but not doing this.

Imprezobus

• Imprezobus here!
    • Forum Los Alamos Warriors
Re: Tutorial at start of game
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 11:03:56 am »

in fact, best month of FOnline for me was 1st one, when Ive been constantly pwnd, and wasteland WAS harsh. Dont try to break the fallout reality for them by giving them guardian angels. Let em suffer
Self-proclaimed best guide in the wastes.
http://www.law.netarteria.eu/files/bus.jpg by MACabra, edit by Frozen Mind
Snackish: pks pks pks. Kilgore: BBS is here, town is safe
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 11:07:41 am »

Im not on about giving them advantages as I clearly stated I'm on about getting them to understand and know how to play the game as many new players have left the game as they have been killed without understanding why or what actually happened. So please understand the point it's to help them understand the interface, layout, structure, and gameplay within the game. There would be no advantages just helpful tips during the tutorial so you could still die only this time it would be your fault as you understand how the game works.
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 12:34:46 pm »

an unskippable half hour long tutorial would solve the problem of everybody having 10 alts

bahahaha

please please please include this in the next release
Quote from: LittleDragon
I play this game purely to kill such people that think they can play the game safely and never get killed. You expect fun from this game? No fun. Gonna find you and kill you, and shit on your dead body. I'm going online to find more noobs :D
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2010, 12:44:00 pm »

anyway what do people mean by 'alt' or 'alts'?

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2010, 12:46:36 pm »

alternative characters, we all got em

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2010, 12:51:17 pm »

I only have them cus I started again about 5 times after dieing continuously on other accounts I don't use them to cheat. And this further outlines my point to have a tutorial as you will have people who are annoyed and will try to cheat.
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2010, 01:48:27 pm »

Alt are not made for cheating, but if you want to create a good pvp char you can't burden him with wasting point and tagging skill as repair or traps...

The usual solution is to create a pg that build a grenade and another for throwing it.

If you want to made a tutorial, give us the choice of skip it, I hate tutorial, and a 30 min tutorial maybe would have me quit this game that I love now
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 01:51:01 pm by Flick »
One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it

Imprezobus

• Imprezobus here!
    • Forum Los Alamos Warriors
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2010, 03:04:38 pm »

all what is needed is on wiki. Maybe after creation a picture presentin interface, but no more!
seriously, being killed and getting used to it, gathering knowledge how to prevent it = best shit ever
Self-proclaimed best guide in the wastes.
http://www.law.netarteria.eu/files/bus.jpg by MACabra, edit by Frozen Mind
Snackish: pks pks pks. Kilgore: BBS is here, town is safe

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2010, 03:54:36 pm »

all what is needed is on wiki. Maybe after creation a picture presentin interface, but no more!
And if it's not on Wiki, it's for sure on forum somewhere. Right, you need to read those things instead of clicking on a place where the big green arrow points.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

Nice_Boat

• I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2010, 05:01:14 pm »

This game is way too easy to require such a thing. Besides, it's been suggested before, many times. It returns almost as often as "nerf weapon X" or "nerf sneak/buff sneak"  ::)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 05:03:01 pm by Nice_Boat »

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2010, 06:12:59 pm »

And if it's not on Wiki, it's for sure on forum somewhere. Right, you need to read those things instead of clicking on a place where the big green arrow points.

> Implying one gets the addresses from the wasteland

Of course 100% of fonline players are here... Sure they will get to know theres a forum on some address soner or later, just it isnt anything good enough as some intro in-game, you can write 1000 page books have 1000 pages about it and yet little people will visit them
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2010, 06:46:06 pm »

Maybe a short intro that identifies resources and other basics that can be skipped if you don't care.

Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.098 seconds with 30 queries.