"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 19, 2024, 09:03:05 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: New player needs help...  (Read 1471 times)

New player needs help...
« on: May 24, 2010, 04:37:51 am »

Ive just started playing this thinking it would be just like FO1 and FO2   Ive been killed about 100 times and had my stuff just taken from me... Anyone will to take some time and show me the ropes??

Im not right now..

AIM:atomicwild

please help...

thanks
Re: New player needs help...
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 05:50:33 am »

You are not in Fallout 1 or 2 here 90% of players you will cross the way only think to kill you the worst way possible, i mean if it's not fair it's best, and loot your poor stuff, even if you have nothing to loose. That's the way the game work, everyone find this fine and it's encouraged.

So be carefull, try to play near guarded city, stay away from other players, but when i see even with my lv 15 chars you have fuckers seeking encounters to kill you effortless, i won't tell you there is a safe way or a method to avoid fucker on this game, try some guides, ask some help when you see someone that have something else than "die bitch" in his vocabulary and for the rest i don't know, try to be patient maybe.

Oh and one more thing, never complain about all those stupid things you'll be awnsered "Wastelands is Harsh" from guys that appparently never played Fallout, and know nothing about the universe.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 05:52:11 am by Midnight »
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 09:08:16 am »

Everything begins with your character. You cant play witouth it, you cant play normally if its crap and your first, like 4, self-made chars will be crap, so take your time, experience the game, the builds and make your perfect one OR experience the game and ask someone to suggest you a fine, average, all around beginners char. You simply cant play the game if you create char with completly wrong stats, useless perks and skills ''speech, gambling, throwing''.
Also, you should get a mate/friend or two inside the game. That helps a lot.
I give a fuck.

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 09:54:57 am »

throwning is not useless (i have crafter 1 lvl demolition + throwning) And it is quite good :P.
But in the topic:
-You should start gathering friends from RL or in game (it would be hard, almost all people will steal or kill you) It will make your game eassier.
-You should make and character crafter which can shoot like Small gunner or Energy Expert :) (I got build for EW using pistols (laser,plasma) ST:3 PE:6 EN:6 CH:3 INT:8 L:6) It should be good for playing alone (shootin in raiders eyes with magneto laser pistol will make you laugh ).
- You should make mini quests in NCR, Vault City or in San Fran. Next you should keep away from NCR - it is the badest city; i know it is guarded but it is full of thieves and other PKs or bombers.
Thtats all from me :)
h

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 10:02:22 am »

Well, if you haven't read it, we've got a cool wiki and, especially, an entire page full of advice for beginners.

Ive just started playing this thinking it would be just like FO1 and FO2   Ive been killed about 100 times
Just like in Fallout 2, but you can't save/load the game =p
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Zeno

• Zeno make you life better!
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 10:11:38 am »

You need some friends :D

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2010, 07:44:41 am »

and i sugest you make a small gunner or a big gunner,cuz EE sux biiiig time
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2010, 07:51:22 am »

and i sugest you make a small gunner or a big gunner,cuz EE sux biiiig time
But i suggest small gunner or EG, cause BG is too expensive for fresh player and EGs are simple to use and have very effective crits.
I give a fuck.
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2010, 09:51:18 am »

As a new player you're best of in NCR, despite all the thieves and suicide bombers.
It has the most to offer for new players.

If you don't have a tent yet, get 1 asap.
Till you have 1, stay in the city.

In order to get a tent, you need 10 brahmin hides.
They cost 100 caps each and can be acquired from npc traders or other players.
Once you have 10, leave the city.
Click an empty spot near the city and go there.
Go to your inventory, click the brahmin hides and in the list of options click the face.
Click sience.
You now have a tent.
No one can see it, all your stuff is quite save.

1 very important thing though:
once you leave a city and are on the world map, check the left side of your screen.
You see your name there.
If you see any other name, someone ihas tagged you and most likely wants to rob you.
Click that name and choose the icon with the angry face.
The name will appear in red above his head (use F6 key) next time you see that player.
Than click the icon of a group of people and an arrow to the left.
The name should disappear.
Always check for taggers when you leave a city!
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 21 queries.