"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 18, 2024, 03:48:28 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: FN FAL HPFA  (Read 15224 times)

Drakonis

• Oh oh this is furtile...
Re: FN FAL HPFA
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2010, 02:19:03 am »

My next question would then be why does the reduced damage carry over for eye shots?Seems like lasers would be great if shooting the unprotected eyes didnt suffer the same reduced damage as shooting the torso.Why is it the same?Metal armor has no helmet and it could be reasoned that the visor on CA couldnt possibly be made of the same materials as the rest because it most likey wouldnt be transparent.

there is no diffrent protection char % for diffrent body parts. even metal armor with no head will reduce the damage you take when getting hit in the head/eyes.

However Head and Eye shot have a CHANCE to bypass armor completly. This chance is the only hope for energy gunners when they fight against bigguners or small gunners :(
"But... Isn't Betty a womans name...?"

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2010, 01:34:08 pm »

There is no seperation for armours yet, of course you've all seen the 3D models so it would be safe for you to assume that helmets protecting heads/eyes will come in.

Also, Lasers problem is only against Metal Armours, it doesn't make them useless.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

Pandemon

• The GM-eater
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2010, 01:47:39 pm »

It does in PvP because how I wrote, more than a half of players wear now metal armors, 1/4 wear nothing, about 10% wear jackets or leather armors, maybe 5% of them wears CA or BA.
That makes laser rifles almost totally useless in PvP.
There is nothing as demotivating as the Game Masters

Drakonis

• Oh oh this is furtile...
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2010, 02:02:30 pm »

It does in PvP because how I wrote, more than a half of players wear now metal armors, 1/4 wear nothing, about 10% wear jackets or leather armors, maybe 5% of them wears CA or BA.

agreed. also CS protects over 60% against laser AND plasma while only bout 40% normal while .223 ammo takes 20% of DR. Lasers are crap against anything from metal and crap(and everybody can afford stupid metal), plasma gets stopped by Combat armors, but plasma rifle has 25 range so it still makes it crap in PVP.

Don't belive? Fight a bigguner/smallgunner without getting lucky enough to do a Critical, Bypass, Knockdown shot. EW = dead meat ;]
"But... Isn't Betty a womans name...?"

FischiPiSti

• frikkin' SledgeHammer
« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2010, 08:49:51 pm »

On topic: Umm people and mods, this is getting a bit offtopic dont you think?

Back off topic: I dont think there needs to be any discussion about all of this until there is AP energy cells. EW and SG have the same chances to score armorbypassing crits, so its a tie, but keep in mind that mid tier+ armor is practically immune to energy, SG even having AP ammo. Solar not even teh awesome powa of math can prove you right in this case.
Also: Tesla armor+psycho=OP. Nerf drugs, nuff said
Troll.
HtH suggestions: Melee: +DR(PA)
Unarmed: +AC(active sneak should boost AC as they are "less visible")
General "class" idea pool in the form of new perks with high skillrequirements: http://anarchyonline.wikia.com/wiki/Professions
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2010, 09:45:07 pm »

EW needs plasma rifles, plasma is one of the damage types that high end gear has the least resistance to. Hell even PA doesn't resist it well.

yoz

• yoz ace / yoz kage
« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2010, 11:53:02 am »

God damn, wtf.

This thread digressed from the topic and went all over the place.
Kill the men, rape the women, eat the children.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2010, 01:40:51 pm »

Laser Rifle 25-50 => Average Damage = 37.5. AP 7 to eyes.
Sniper Rifle 14-34 => Average Damage = 24. AP 8 to eyes.

Let’s go for targeting Metal Mk II. This makes Laser Rifles useless apparently.

17/80% Laser
4/35% Normal

Normal shot is therefore:

Laser = (37.5-17)*0.2 = 4.1
Sniper = (24-4)*0.65 = 13. Then reduce this to compare AP fairly = 13*7/8 = 11.375.

Difference is 7.275 per Laser shot.

Now compare an Armour Bypass result.

Laser = (37.5-(17/5))*0.84 = 28.644
Sniper = 24*0.93 = 22.32. Then reduce again = 22.32*7/8 = 19.53

Difference is 9.114 per Laser shot.

You would therefore only need to have an Armour Bypass result 44% of your shots that hit to do near identical damage to Metal Mk II with a Laser Rifle and a Sniper Rifle. I don’t have my spreadsheets here at work, but something in this region isn’t beyond the realms of possibility.

You also get 15% more shots with the Laser Rifle, so 15% more shots that could blind, instakill, cripple etc.

So in the end (much) better vs Leather Armours, comparable vs Metal Armours, better vs CA+ and gives more rolls on the critical table.

Don't really agree with calling them useless  :-\

(Note: I can't be bothered factoring in critical multipliers, but these would favour the Laser Rifle anyway)

« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 01:43:16 pm by Solar »

Pandemon

• The GM-eater
« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2010, 03:46:06 pm »

Numbers... numbers wrotten probably without spending long time playing with both weapons.
"Average" dmg in FOnline totally does not means the most frequent especially when % (in which critical chance, bypass chance etc.) are actually to complete rework as someone wrote before.

When I'll get some free time I will spent it for trying this and also for the topic about respawns.
Until it'll be done I propose to close temporary this topic or permanently and I'll make topic about Laser dmg vs Normal dmg somewhen.

« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2010, 06:07:14 pm »

Critical do max damages x 2-4.
Laser rifle do insane damages on all criticals and it's one of the main strength of sniper builds and for less AP and the same range ...

Don't know where laser sniper could be crap, except maybe against tesla.
So if you want to say laser screw, don't speak of snipers, seriously ...
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 06:08:54 pm by Midnight »

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2010, 06:10:32 pm »

You can type up whatever you like whenever you like, I'll just link you to my post above. (Or the improved one that may land after I get home to the exact critical numbers).

Poor, misunderstood Lasers :(
« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2010, 06:33:17 pm »

"Let’s go for targeting Metal Mk II. This makes Laser Rifles useless apparently.

17/80% Laser
4/35% Normal"

17/80 for MKII isn't it 7/80? Cause the values in the wiki is 7/80 and this raise a bit average dam for laser rifle. (to 6.1)

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #57 on: May 19, 2010, 07:37:13 pm »

Ah, Indeed it is. So I was a little too harsh on the Laser, though looking through it now I've not taken the .223 armour mod off either. Time for a better version!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 07:43:48 pm by Solar »

Pandemon

• The GM-eater
« Reply #58 on: May 19, 2010, 07:40:53 pm »

So, will it be changed?  ::)
Or maybe added a pulse (or other electrical) weapon? :P

« Reply #59 on: May 19, 2010, 07:56:59 pm »

Average dams are 17 for sniper and 6.1 for laser rifle on a metal MKII and sniper cost 1 more AP per shot
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 21 queries.