"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • October 06, 2024, 01:15:48 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Big guns build, need your advice.  (Read 1854 times)

Big guns build, need your advice.
« on: April 02, 2010, 03:39:32 pm »

So I'm bored with energy weapons and not being able to  carry much weight. I put together this build after searching through forums.. however the builds I've found through search are lacking what I'm aiming for.

Check it out, and tell me what I should change:

Strength 7
Perception 6
Endurance 6
Charisma 1
Intelligence 6
Agility 8
Luck 6

fast shot
bloody mess (for fun)

Big guns
Science
Outdoorsman

Basically I just wanted a character who can craft his own weapons, as well as do some decent damage in pve/pvp situations. I had trouble decreasing agi from 10 to 8.. (even though I'm not too familiar with the benefits aside from what it says in wiki) and I didn't want to take small frame simply because I want to be able to carry weight. I think it makes my life MUCH easier being able to go mine and not return after having 4 minerals. I took outdoorsman because I solo quite a bit and I hate getting into random encounters when I'm not meaning to.

Anyway, let me know what I could modify, or if this is an okay build? I just started playing so my experience is limited to my first char, as well as browsing wiki/forums for info/tips.
Re: Big guns build, need your advice.
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 04:20:50 pm »

Apparently I need repair to make big guns. I suppose I'll drop outdoorsman in that case.

Gruik

• GROAR!
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 05:14:54 pm »

Don't tag Science, you will only need 90% (100% if you want to be able to make Advanced Alloys). Tag Repair, you will need 120%, and if you want to repair things you need it. As you make a crafter, then take Good Natured trait, the loss in Big Guns will be easily recovered and you will gain usefull points in FA and Doctor. Luck... humm... 6 is a pain for me. Depends on which perks you build your... build ! Tell me more. I played a Crafter Big Guns / PvP last session, and it was really cool.
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 05:29:29 pm »

Yeah, I contemplated getting good natured. And you have a good point about science. So what do you suggest are viable tags to replace science? I was thinking I could do Unarmed or melee weapons just so the beginning won't be so rough.. What do you think, how should I go about leveling? Should I pump science first as I gain early levels?

Gruik

• GROAR!
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 05:39:49 pm »

Hum about leveling, crafting and killing mobs will be enough. I think that tagging another combat skill will be a loss of points, because even if you will be better at the first beginning, you will regret it since you are at level 6-7. Tag Repair instead of Science, it's always usefull, and more if you play alone. You will be able to have more than 200 in Big Guns, 120 and more in Repair 150 in Outdoor, and 100 in Science, at level 21, don't forget it. Try to build your character anticipating what he will do in-game.
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010, 06:18:08 pm »

Sweet, thanks for the info :) I tagged outdoorsman, I'm sure it will come in handy.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 21 queries.