"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 20, 2024, 12:47:30 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: critical hits  (Read 1135 times)

critical hits
« on: March 06, 2013, 08:24:50 pm »

yeah,
I dont really understand the mechanic of criticals, I mean every time I encounter ncr army, ghouls, patrols and others I see mad critics, knock downs, weapon drops, last time I get killed by 5 shots and each was critical+
I was testing my "crippler" and I am not even close to average ghoul in this matter.
Even more, I thought it should be good idea to enslave few ghouls and see what will happen.
I gave them fn fal, assault riffles and sniper riffle and what has happened ? they all sucked as well.
Wheres the logic of this ?
and yeah, I deal crazy critics playing my fastshot/finesse char but they are rare.
so is there any solution for somebody that wants something different than bg tank ?

ps. I know I am noob so do not crucify me for those questions.
Re: critical hits
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 08:35:56 pm »

Depends on your luck... thats all.

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 09:39:04 pm »

for some reason devs troll players by giving npcs the ability to do massive crits.
Roaming the waste again.
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 09:47:13 pm »

Yep, NPCs hack, they have 4x toughness, 40% crit chance and 290+ HP.

Ban NPCs.

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 09:49:15 pm »

Yep, NPCs hack, they have 4x toughness, 40% crit chance and 290+ HP.

Ban NPCs.
NPCs should have similar to player builds, but this is too much work, instead just nerf them, to make it normal, not abuse-game where you need to find cheaty-ways to kill them.
h
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 10:19:20 pm »

NPCs should have similar to player builds, but this is too much work, instead just nerf them, to make it normal, not abuse-game where you need to find cheaty-ways to kill them.

I agree, while certain NPCs like BOS and Enclave should have more HP than the standard player it should be more about quantity than quality when it comes to hunting.

Make it so that one player will have a hard time against 5+ NPCs but still be able to kill them in 2-3 bursts without the need of constant 1hexing or super stimming.
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2013, 11:01:16 pm »

You wanted harsh,so stop whining.Nah,just kidding.Strongest npcs should be not better than average bg tank ape,and their crits totally needs rework.They could be as strong as a player,but more is just dumb and encourage exploiting.
Indeed, perhaps one day we shall meet
Out in the country, or maybe on the street
Until that day here shall I wait
For death or for life, whichever my fate
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2013, 01:43:01 am »

Cripplers just have a hard time against patrols because to get the good aimed shots you don't get enough shots off or raw damage per round. In TB, the weapon that does 5 shots with 20% crit chance per turn is going to outperform the build that does 60-80% crits in two shots. Add to this that some of your shots might miss three times in a row ::) and some of your crits will fizzle at 20 damage mark even though you have better criticals and high luck. Generally it's much more fun to use targeted shots versus ganger npcs where you actually can get the knock-downs and weapon drops.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.31 seconds with 21 queries.