"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 08, 2024, 11:10:15 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: Distress call is almost purely abuse tool  (Read 24968 times)

Mayck

• Rotator
  • ...shhhh...
Re: Distress call is almost purely abuse tool
« Reply #120 on: January 12, 2013, 09:54:11 pm »

But yet there hasn't been a valid reason stated to remove it as far as I have seen.
Inability to loose is not a valid reason?
« Reply #121 on: January 12, 2013, 09:56:18 pm »

What?
« Reply #122 on: January 12, 2013, 09:57:33 pm »

It's already been stated that the problems causing that aren't distress but other things that need fixing. dual logging, stealing, fast relog, use of cars to see enc after death, are they not the real problem?
"I am condemned without end." -Crovax

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #123 on: January 12, 2013, 09:57:58 pm »

And the players win so much in this game, equipment, time, fun... Oh yeah. The game is too fun, but it was stated in this thread already. Sarcastically.

It's already been stated that the problems causing that aren't distress but other things that need fixing. dual logging, stealing, fast relog, use of cars to see enc after death, are they not the real problem?

He's right, why not concentrate on the real problems?

Alvarez,

You have received a warning due to the fact of deliberately breaching the Internet etiquette of the Fonline 2238 community, posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages to bait or excite users into responding or to test the forum rules and policies, and with that the patience of the forum staff. Their provocative behavior may potentially start flame wars or other disturbances. Please cease these activities and abide by the forum rules otherwise we will take further action.

Regards,
The FOnline 2238 Forum Team.

And what did i say of
inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages to bait or excite users into responding or to test the forum rules and policies, and with that the patience of the forum staff.
?

Just curious. Can't stand support arguments? Come at me then.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 10:03:35 pm by Alvarez »

DeputyDope

• ǝdopʎʇndǝp
« Reply #124 on: January 12, 2013, 10:00:02 pm »

i don't see the problem in getting the equipment easier. as long as you can die in 2 seconds without even even reacting for various reasons. so it's unfair to get gear easier, but it's fair to be critbursted and die in 1 second without having the chance to fight back?

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #125 on: January 12, 2013, 10:00:06 pm »

The community has spoken,and it said "don't remove distressing for radios"
Everything you say will be shot down with better arguments.
You know why?Because we are right.

Removing this will show how strong is the developer-player connection.

Alvarez

« Reply #126 on: January 12, 2013, 10:04:27 pm »

The community has spoken,and it said "don't remove distressing for radios"
Everything you say will be shot down with better arguments.
You know why?Because we are right.

Removing this will show how strong is the developer-player connection.

This, inb4 being banned. Peace out.

codave

• Professional Noob Trainer
« Reply #127 on: January 12, 2013, 10:10:05 pm »

Maybe when it comes to weak encounters (like NCR army which is laughably easy considering it spawns shitloads of best armors ingame). The golden egg argument is used against strong ones (enclave and similiar).

The point is it is safest and fastest way to get valuable loot.

When I farm Unity or NCR Army, I go with other people.

When I farm Enclave or BOS, I go by myself.

To anyone paying attention, this should make it obvious that encounter scaling has absolutely zero to do with farming the more difficult encounters.  I don't fight Enclave/BOS when I farm them, I never have.  Since we can't loot their armor, we don't care if we kill them or not - as long as we can get that weapon from them the mission is accomplished.

Anyone who actually plays this game knows for a fact the easiest way to farm Enclave is with a thief and a bomber, not a PvP or farming alt.  In the context of this thread, and as it applies to Enclave, using a radio to distress with the sole intent of reducing encounter scaling is irrelevant.

This has all been covered, you just don't understand it, because apparently you haven't seen it with your own eyes.  To see it, you have to play the damn game.

Mrockatansky

• -Guardian-
« Reply #128 on: January 12, 2013, 10:20:00 pm »

Who would kill a duck giving gold eggs?

Would you please implement the basic needs for crafters so we have no longer a reason 'exploiting' ducks?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 10:22:33 pm by Mrockatansky »
 I didn't mention Guardians just because they represent no real force in my opinion.

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #129 on: January 12, 2013, 10:21:01 pm »

Would please implement the basic needs for crafters so we have no longer a reason 'exploiting' ducks?
You said it!

Alvarez

« Reply #130 on: January 12, 2013, 10:26:41 pm »

Would please implement the basic needs for crafters so we have no longer a reason 'exploiting' ducks?

But isn't that just a part of the solution?
« Reply #131 on: January 12, 2013, 10:29:41 pm »

Just relax.

Even if they remove the distress, you don't need the beacon to manipulate scaling, you can find specific encounters just by having a character in them. Since distress allows more comfort and other utilities, it is pointless to remove it and reasons to discuss it at all, questionable.

It'd be better to adjust encounters so that it's less of a deal of scaling, rather more fixed and distinct for how large groups specific encounters are meant for.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 10:32:01 pm by T-888 »

Alvarez

« Reply #132 on: January 12, 2013, 10:35:12 pm »

Since distress allows more comfort and other utilities, it is pointless to remove it and reasons to discuss it at all, questionable.
It looks like the distress is being abolished just for sake of less of aforementioned comfort.

It'd be better to adjust encounters so that it's less of a deal of scaling, rather more fixed and distinct for how large groups specific encounters are meant for.

So why not reworking the distress instead of abolishing it?
« Reply #133 on: January 12, 2013, 10:37:21 pm »

So why not reworking the distress instead of abolishing it?

Why?

What's the point of it to rework it at all? It's not the problem no matter how you look at it.

Alvarez

« Reply #134 on: January 12, 2013, 10:48:17 pm »

Why?

What's the point of it to rework it at all? It's not the problem no matter how you look at it.

For one instance, i'd like to see the objective reasons why the devs wanted to abolish it in first place - so we can dissect the problem and invent solutions for parts of it instead of throwing reprovals around.

As for farming, i could suggest that the human NPC loot the radio and turns it off/the bomb destroys the radio.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 18 queries.