"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 08:27:51 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Discussion: Stop this merc / slave madness in PVP  (Read 15136 times)

LeMark

• Tim & Tom & Ted Lawyer Agency
Discussion: Stop this merc / slave madness in PVP
« on: December 27, 2012, 11:44:49 pm »

I don't see the point to have more than 1 npc with you, even for a single guys who want to farm with it. This is a MMO right? People should play together, not with merc to make mass farm our spawning massive amount of merc in PVP. This FR thing bring this even worst, now 1 guys could be 100% legit and spawn 10 pack of npc in a row. PVE event should be done by GM, not by TNB or BBS/COA.

Dev, this problem starts with Dead Master Crew many year ago, maybe you should successfully fix it 2 or 3 year after.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 11:48:29 pm by LeMark »

DocAN.

• Testing FO: Reloaded
Re: Discussion: Stop this merc / slave madness in PVP
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 12:05:34 am »

100 % agree !!!

It should be perm limit to 1 NPC + 1 animal (dog/brahmin) nothing more.
FOnline: Reloaded - Post apocalyptic mmorpg
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 12:14:57 am »

I don't see why two human companions is unreasonable, just because some people abuse the system. I vote against.

LeMark

• Tim & Tom & Ted Lawyer Agency
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2012, 12:18:18 am »

I don't see why two human companions is unreasonable, just because some people abuse the system. I vote against.

Some people will always abuse from system, this is why system have to be fix.

avv

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2012, 12:22:03 am »

Because you can send another two and then another two and another... you don't have to control the mercs to make them work. Shoot at enemy once, relog/forget/get proxy for another pack.

Pve players can have their dogleaders, slavers can have their slaves. But keep them out of pvp.

If mercs are used and teams are even, the side that doesn't use them is strongly encouraged to do so or suffer defeat. Don't force us in arms race please.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

JovankaB

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2012, 12:36:12 am »

The only example of "abuse" is the one carefully prepared by people who don't like mercs in any form to show that they should be removed.
You can do the same with pretty much any feature given enough effort.

But I think mercs should have removed auto-attack order, it's the lamest part of mercs. Without auto-attack they would become more vulnerable to one-hexing and sneakers. In result bombing grid and relogging wouldn't work that well (if at all). I think so at least, haven't tested it and neither did anyone else. Either way I think nerfs should be done gradually, not just throw things away because someone spawned 20 mercs once to make some point.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 12:55:16 am by JovankaB »
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2012, 12:42:39 am »

Because you can send another two and then another two and another... you don't have to control the mercs to make them work. Shoot at enemy once, relog/forget/get proxy for another pack.

Pve players can have their dogleaders, slavers can have their slaves. But keep them out of pvp.

If mercs are used and teams are even, the side that doesn't use them is strongly encouraged to do so or suffer defeat. Don't force us in arms race please.

I'm one who thinks PVP should be more of a sandbox affair with teams set up in a skirmish screen; the fact is there should be more regulation and oversight without messing up the game for everyone else playing. Deal with the problem when the PVP timer starts; limit the number of characters that can enter a town (and can exist therein) just as you would limit the number of tags that can attach to a taxi. Once the slots are filled, only those characters listed can enter the town in that 15 minute interval. This means if you die, you have to regear, de-cripple, and heal up before re-entering with the same character.

JovankaB

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2012, 12:45:50 am »

Personally I like that towns are open and you can never be sure what will happen.
If someone wants to play regulated matches there is Hinkley.

Perteks

• It's made of vague and to do lists!
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2012, 12:58:34 am »

Deactivate auto attack its not soo bad idea. Still they will attack after some of team mate will shot enemy but its good start.
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2012, 01:26:20 am »

I'm one who thinks PVP should be more of a sandbox affair with teams set up in a skirmish screen; the fact is there should be more regulation and oversight without messing up the game for everyone else playing. ... when the PVP timer starts

Free and unregulated areas where hostility is possible seems to be your concern, not Town Control, because it's just a feature with a simple timer, beacon - "hey, were some guys armed to teeth ready to fight, want to challenge us?", currently nothing more. Irrelevant how you will regulate the feature, players don't need the beacon or the feature to ruin the game for you, if that is how you see it.

But I think mercs should have removed auto-attack order, it's the lamest part of mercs.

Same thought, but ...

Players will attack to initiate hostile conditions or force to be attacked in order to trigger hostility. It'd make it more of an effort to use them in large quantities and in other words abuse them like now, but that's just a matter of getting used to and players as always will adapt. Just like players got used to, or basically were forced to use multiple alts in combat and everything related to it.

Sadly, that won't really solve anything, though it is a step forward.

The problem certainly isn't how they work, but the lack of healthy moderation, restriction, limitation on how the feature can be used. Currently infinitely if invested enough amount of resources and time.

We go back to the problem of all problems, lack of proper mechanisms that limit dual logging, fast re-logging, cheating respectively.

Gimper

• You gotta be kidding me... shoo shoo mighty hacker
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2012, 03:15:09 am »

Personally I like that towns are open and you can never be sure what will happen.
Amen.
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2012, 03:20:18 am »

I wonder if anyone bothers to read the comments of people who don't TC in suggestions/discussions like these.

Anyway... I believe 1 merc leader = 1 less real PVP player on the field.

The problem is that one can simply logoff his merc leader and then relog on his PVP char, like many said, removing auto-attack on players for mercs would fix that, we would see more of these merc leaders with CA and big guns instead of those bluesuit trolls with a bunch of mercs... After the leader dies, the mercs run away to the grid to meet their sarge on the respawn camp.

This simple modification in merc/slave AI would make people think twice wether bringing a merc leader isworth it or not, auto-attack should only work with NPCs.

Alexandrite

• Never trust a Game Master with a big smile.
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2012, 03:23:16 am »

Or at least lower the NPC crew a player can have, like in Fallout 2: where if you have 6-7 CH, you can only carry 3-4 npcs and that's it, and speech shouldn't have a role w/ slaves/mercs in my opinion...

May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't.

TKs-KaBoom

• The Usual Suspect (according to Surf)
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2012, 06:14:12 am »

FEAR MY JOSIE, her 63 hp frame of murderous mayhem and her pack of six flesh addicted dogs!  Yes please nerf them, they are so hideously over powered ripping through the geckos like a knife through butter, leaving sinewy bone piles stripped, not a nibble even left for the birds!   Quick devs, fix this problem now!  Before I get my 3 cows involved to0 and bring such ape teary madness laden carnage to the wastes that this game will be..............................rated "SFC"  - SO FUCKIN COOL!!!!
It's all really about suppression of dissension, consensus through censorship.  Whether through extermination of those who have different or conflicting viewpoints or subtle spin of available media.  If there is only one opinion left, it must be right, right?

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2012, 06:55:15 am »

Hinkley gives 0 (zero) reward.

So no, there is not "hinkley".  There is no competitive sensation to hinkley like there is town cuntroll.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 31 queries.