"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 06:32:56 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Drastic changes in crafting required.  (Read 814 times)

Drastic changes in crafting required.
« on: August 31, 2012, 09:18:51 pm »

Most of the 2nd tier weapons that require adv. workbench are never used because they are pointlessly hard to acquire. Take the shotguns for example, the only benefit of CAWS or jackhammer is more shots per burst. Combat shotty does more damage than caws and only 2 less than jackhammer yet those guns are a massive pain in the ass to get. Not only do you need a bp (which excludes all but the 5 people who are no life enough to farm bps) but you need lots of advanced mats and an adv workbench (which is far and unsafe). The result is no one will ever use either of these guns. You have a 10mm smg that is a lot worse than the grease gun and for some baffling reason is an advanced weapon (less dmg, less bullets per burst, more expensive ammo).

So my suggestion is this, make all items use regular workbench and recalculate the mats required so that crafting isn't a gigantic time sink and make bp's purchasable or acquired by sciencing x amount of the item you want to make. Something other than this painfully boring scavenger hunt. Btw yes I know these things have been suggested before, they were good ideas.

Re: Drastic changes in crafting required.
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 11:03:43 pm »

I agree, some weapons are just fancy gadgets worth selling at vendors.

As i'm not very qualified to comment on PvP aspects of each weapon, i suggest a live conference with experienced PvPer and devs, as well as test playing with changes.

I could also suggest blueprints and HQ benches for upgrades of regular weapons, say, give a weapon a certain perk or bigger magazine or better stats, so they will be still useful and give the PvP more paper/rock/stone variants.

But as you suggested, every weapon in its basic state should be craftable on regular bench. Blueprints should make the weapons just slightly better.
Re: Drastic changes in crafting required.
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 04:46:55 am »

Some good ideas- repeated sciencing to reverse-engineer [at least the simpler] items for BPs is a good solution to some of the problem.

A Faction Point system for other BPs- still requiring significant effort, but allowing access to the archives of an NPC faction, would help with much of the rest of the problem.

Perhaps some factions will have Advanced Workbench, Medical terminal, etc. but require rank/reputation/dues paying to get access - and perhaps cost faction points to grant access for each block of use-time (so you have to keep working for your faction if you want continued access).

Gunrunners uniqueness would be compromised by this.
Make them more "mercenary" than other factions- allowing access at higher price than other factions, but requiring only proving (and keeping) of basic trust along with cash payment for access. No membership or faction points required.

Discuss!
I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 21 queries.