"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 08:28:30 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Enclave patrols are too easy  (Read 1224 times)

Gob

• The Good
Enclave patrols are too easy
« on: August 18, 2012, 12:12:57 am »

I killed a 3 man patrol all by myself. Give them more hp or more resistant to damage or even a secondary weapon, maybe some drugs too. That way we avoid the influx of gatlings at TC n shit. Got a Gatling Laser,Avenger Minigun,Plasma Rifle and a couple of hundreds MFC. Took me about 5-10 minutes to finnish them off.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 12:14:51 am by Gob »
Re: Enclave patrols are too easy
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2012, 12:41:19 am »

Man what the hell... They don't bleed.

TKs-KaBoom

• The Usual Suspect (according to Surf)
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2012, 01:43:37 am »

Looks staged to me, like after a squad killed them all then you came in with a looter.... nah that couldn't possibly have been it.  BTW no blood?  If you want us to take this seriously, repeat your success and post the video on youtube.  Failure to do so tells me just as much as if you do....
It's all really about suppression of dissension, consensus through censorship.  Whether through extermination of those who have different or conflicting viewpoints or subtle spin of available media.  If there is only one opinion left, it must be right, right?
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2012, 02:03:12 am »

Tricky thing to balance, i have never understood the thought process of Solar, how available he wanted these weapons to be and the most important how. Simply decreasing the chance to find Avenger, Gatling etc. etc. (make those encounters significantly harder) in Enclave encounters will most probably force a response from the community how the game is just a ticking timer and it's now longer, because the player will feel like he has to invest more time to obtain these items, everyone is just used that Avenger, Gatling is a common weapon and for a fact i know that it was never intended like that. Maybe it's the time to be stone cold and forget about the whining.

I'd settle for Avenger/Gatling to be found at a difficulty as PPK12 Gauss pistol is or at least a little bit more common than that (face it would add extra flavor to those weapons, we would see more ordinary versions of Avenger, less Gatling and i think that is acceptable and a desirable effect to achieve), if we take a look at Gatling it's already in the special bunker encounter witch is one source and then there's Enclave patrols. My point is you can abuse these encounters close to infinitive ways, as i said tricky to balance if it's the primary source of the item, yet you can't abuse let's say a locker in Glow or that special bunker encounter.

I would like to see less emphasis on Enclave patrols, more on Glow, Ares, special encounters, solves a lot of problems. I'm not saying removing those weapons completely from patrols, but make those weapons appear a lot less frequent, adding secondary arms such as plasma pistols would be a good start also like it is already suggested.

Looks staged to me, like after a squad killed them all then you came in with a looter.... nah that couldn't possibly have been it.  BTW no blood?  If you want us to take this seriously, repeat your success and post the video on youtube.  Failure to do so tells me just as much as if you do....

It's still possible to cripple all their arms with smart usage of combat mechanics with zero percent of failure (not consuming half a day once prepared), once they are all crippled they are harmless, spawn some 4 unarmed mutant mercenaries with mega power fists and watch the show (SS in between if necessary, your reputation is not affected), after that it's loot-fest.

I don't care how he did it actually, i know that it is still quite easily doable.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 02:07:06 am by T-888 »

• 2238 Serious business
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2012, 04:50:44 am »

I think I have seen that character before robin hood, I think it is an ac character. He probably used AC to waste the ammo then finished them off with his big gunner. I have thought about doing this but never took the time to level an AC character nor do I want to.
I am the guy who likes to make rage topics so I can bring out the trolling idiot in all of us.

Cyber Jesus

• I piss excellence
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2012, 09:48:01 am »

I think I have seen that character before robin hood, I think it is an ac character. He probably used AC to waste the ammo then finished them off with his big gunner. I have thought about doing this but never took the time to level an AC character nor do I want to.
They won't shoot at an AC char they will just run around when he's close

Gob

• The Good
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2012, 01:00:42 pm »

Haha, in fact I did film my success. I will post it on youtube as soon as I edit it. And there was no squad actually the only person that was with me was Steve.S the mutant guy from NCR. But he died in 1 turn for failing to listen what I told him to do. I even got his weapons back after, and he can confirm that if he has too.

Tricky thing to balance, i have never understood the thought process of Solar, how available he wanted these weapons to be and the most important how. Simply decreasing the chance to find Avenger, Gatling etc. etc. (make those encounters significantly harder) in Enclave encounters will most probably force a response from the community how the game is just a ticking timer and it's now longer, because the player will feel like he has to invest more time to obtain these items, everyone is just used that Avenger, Gatling is a common weapon and for a fact i know that it was never intended like that. Maybe it's the time to be stone cold and forget about the whining.

I'd settle for Avenger/Gatling to be found at a difficulty as PPK12 Gauss pistol is or at least a little bit more common than that (face it would add extra flavor to those weapons, we would see more ordinary versions of Avenger, less Gatling and i think that is acceptable and a desirable effect to achieve), if we take a look at Gatling it's already in the special bunker encounter witch is one source and then there's Enclave patrols. My point is you can abuse these encounters close to infinitive ways, as i said tricky to balance if it's the primary source of the item, yet you can't abuse let's say a locker in Glow or that special bunker encounter.

I would like to see less emphasis on Enclave patrols, more on Glow, Ares, special encounters, solves a lot of problems. I'm not saying removing those weapons completely from patrols, but make those weapons appear a lot less frequent, adding secondary arms such as plasma pistols would be a good start also like it is already suggested.

It's still possible to cripple all their arms with smart usage of combat mechanics with zero percent of failure (not consuming half a day once prepared), once they are all crippled they are harmless, spawn some 4 unarmed mutant mercenaries with mega power fists and watch the show (SS in between if necessary, your reputation is not affected), after that it's loot-fest.

I don't care how he did it actually, i know that it is still quite easily doable.

I only was with my 14 AP BG/EW and my looter. I think I have the logs too. But also the map I was in played a big role in my success.  Cuz of there wasn't any cover I would have died in one turn. THX devs for them rocks :D

Yes that is my alt. But I only brought him along too loot.

EDIT: I also think that when a Thief char gets close to them, they should be shot on sight not warned and then killed. This way we can make sure they can't be exploited or anything else. I want to see then how many people will still be as rich as they are now.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 01:16:18 pm by Gob »

Keksz

• It's good to be bad.
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2012, 08:50:51 pm »

I killed a 3 man patrol all by myself. (...) Took me about 5-10 minutes to finnish them off.

:D
Szetcsesz,Szanaszetkur,Kajakra
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.209 seconds with 26 queries.