"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 08:26:29 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Arroyo party quest! (Idea)  (Read 1256 times)

scarletdevilist

• Whoop ass time! ^^
Arroyo party quest! (Idea)
« on: July 10, 2012, 04:51:39 am »

This is my idea, what I think should be added! Bringing in Arroyo from Fallout 2. Along with that, the trials within Arroyo would be used for a party quest. Before I go into that, here would be my ideas of what would be in Arroyo.

Security
Although Arroyo is the most unprotected village, there could be a change to that! There can be actors called "protector" that have a high throwing skill and melee skill, using throwing knives and spears. They would also contain 893 health and would have to be guarding everywhere in Arroyo.

Village Elder
The village elder is instead next to the trials, giving out the quest to the players instead of being inside of her tent (Waiting for the G.E.C.K :P).

Hakunin
Hakunin, being the villager's healer, would be in his tent. He can be another actor to have the Doctor profession for players to learn it from him. He would have a quest too. It would be the same quest in Fallout 2, but it would be 3 Broc Flowers and 3 Xander Roots. (Reward is 3 healing powders and 250 exp). Like any other doctor, he sells stimpacks, antidotes, buffouts, mentats, etc. and would also have the ability to removes player states.

Baters and Traders
Arroyo does not have shops, but that can change! Caravans can be at the bottom (capable of doing the lifting boxes job) and can have a weapons and/or general store.

Nagor
The actor that is near the brahmin. Not much dialoge, but he will have a quest for you. He will want you to go to the hunting grounds to find his dog (Smoke) that will be in the same location in Fallout 2. Talking to smoke will have him disapear, then you talk to Nagor again to finish the quest. (Reward: 50 Caps and 180 exp)

Hunting Grounds
This will be inaccessable in Arroyo's main area, but can be taken there by a quest. (For that quest). There will be Little Geckos there to make the quest a bit challenging (Real time battle). In there players can also find Broc Flowers and Xander Roots, to make Hakunin's quest a bit easier. Also at the top, Smoke can be found for Nagor's quest. Like Winston's Ranch where you give the kids jerky (Or kill them like a maniac) the widow was inaccessible and only one player can be in an instance. Thats how the hunting grounds can work.

Extra Quests
Morlis: Will want you to find some flint to make some more spears. (Reward: SharpenedPole & 100 exp)
Lucas: Will want you to return Weak Healing Powder to Hakunin. (Reward: Leather jacket, Brass Knuckles, & 50 Exp)

THE PARTY QUEST!
The reason why Arroyo should be in the game:

Temple of Trials
The big door will have no green grid (the green thing that takes you to another part of the map) The only way in would have to be talking to the village elder, who is standing near the entrance of the trials. Before you can enter, you have to make sure the party has 4-8 people. (6 Recommended) Meaning the one player can have up to 7 players tagging him/her. Once the lucky party is assembled, they talk to the village elder. It will then take all the player and its tagged ones in the trials entrance. The party only has 20 minutes to complete the quest, once time is up the whole party is kicked out and is taken to the middle of Arroyo. At the entrance there will be golden geckos that player will have to kill. They all have an orb. All players must kill all geckos to retrieve the orbs. Once all obtained, they will have to enter it into a round keyhole type thing in the door. The door will open then the next challenge starts.

The room will be filled with Radscorpions The next door is locked, so a player can keep radscorpions off another player that can pick the door (Does not require a big lockpicking skill, in fact a poor one can work) Then players can enter the next challenge. There will be jars and chests everywhere. The next door cannot be accessible normally, so there will be an explosive in one of the jars or chests. (Random location every time). A player will have to place it next to the door. It will explode and players can enter the next part. (Note: if a player is really stupid and places the explosive somewhere else...then that's it for them, wait till time's up or leave the trials...)

The next part is sorta the final, there will be more golden geckos, but just for the occasion. After fighting off geckos (optional) they will have to get ready for a big fight. That means they should have healing items, and a doctor on there team. (Not really recommended, but really helps out.)

The party leader must enter the door and all other player will enter with him/her. The room will be a normal sized room with empty space...and a Mother Deathclaw in the middle. With that, instead of a normal 310 health, it has 645 health. So the party must work as a team to kill it. It will also do a bit less damage than a normal Mother Deathclaw. It wont just aggro one player until they are killed, it will aggro one player, do some damage, then head on to the next.

Once the Mother Deathclaw is defeated, Klint will appear (The one who guards the trials). The party leader will talk to him and tell him good job and so on. Once that happens, everyone that was in the trials will earn 1500 exp and 1000 caps, and possibly an item. I think it could be the Vault 13 Water Flask. It will be filled with this pure water. It has one use, when you use it, replenishes all of your HP and can remove any state you are inflicted with. One one use, you will have an empty flask that can be used for, probably a trophy of some kind for completing the trials. But its useless just empty.

Final Note!
A player that has completed the trials (or failed it) will be tagged in the system for doing so.
That means that player cannot do the quest for a week. When a player tries to tag a player that enters the quest, the system wont count him/her as a player, meaning the village elder will say you do not have enough people, or if they do, that player will just be left there.

Thank you!

Thanks for reading my idea! I hope it can be put inside the game for players to try it. I started playing 6 days ago and I cant stop playing this game :P. If this does enter the game, I hope I can make/rip the maps and enter in all dialoge! If not that's fine with me, because I really like this idea. Thank you :)

« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 10:50:14 am by scarletdevilist »

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
Re: Arroyo party quest! (Idea)
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 09:18:37 am »

No,just no that would go against fallout canon therefore no.
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 02:24:50 pm »

This is my idea, what I think should be added! Bringing in Arroyo from Fallout 2. Along with that, the trials within Arroyo would be used for a party quest. Before I go into that, here would be my ideas of what would be in Arroyo.

Security
Although Arroyo is the most unprotected village, there could be a change to that! There can be actors called "protector" that have a high throwing skill and melee skill, using throwing knives and spears. They would also contain 893 health and would have to be guarding everywhere in Arroyo.

Village Elder
The village elder is instead next to the trials, giving out the quest to the players instead of being inside of her tent (Waiting for the G.E.C.K :P).

Hakunin
Hakunin, being the villager's healer, would be in his tent. He can be another actor to have the Doctor profession for players to learn it from him. He would have a quest too. It would be the same quest in Fallout 2, but it would be 3 Broc Flowers and 3 Xander Roots. (Reward is 3 healing powders and 250 exp). Like any other doctor, he sells stimpacks, antidotes, buffouts, mentats, etc. and would also have the ability to removes player states.

Baters and Traders
Arroyo does not have shops, but that can change! Caravans can be at the bottom (capable of doing the lifting boxes job) and can have a weapons and/or general store.

Nagor
The actor that is near the brahmin. Not much dialoge, but he will have a quest for you. He will want you to go to the hunting grounds to find his dog (Smoke) that will be in the same location in Fallout 2. Talking to smoke will have him disapear, then you talk to Nagor again to finish the quest. (Reward: 50 Caps and 180 exp)

Hunting Grounds
This will be inaccessable in Arroyo's main area, but can be taken there by a quest. (For that quest). There will be Little Geckos there to make the quest a bit challenging (Real time battle). In there players can also find Broc Flowers and Xander Roots, to make Hakunin's quest a bit easier. Also at the top, Smoke can be found for Nagor's quest. Like Winston's Ranch where you give the kids jerky (Or kill them like a maniac) the widow was inaccessible and only one player can be in an instance. Thats how the hunting grounds can work.

Extra Quests
Morlis: Will want you to find some flint to make some more spears. (Reward: SharpenedPole & 100 exp)
Lucas: Will want you to return Weak Healing Powder to Hakunin. (Reward: Leather jacket, Brass Knuckles, & 50 Exp)

THE PARTY QUEST!
The reason why Arroyo should be in the game:

Temple of Trials
The big door will have no green grid (the green thing that takes you to another part of the map) The only way in would have to be talking to the village elder, who is standing near the entrance of the trials. Before you can enter, you have to make sure the party has 4-8 people. (6 Recommended) Meaning the one player can have up to 7 players tagging him/her. Once the lucky party is assembled, they talk to the village elder. It will then take all the player and its tagged ones in the trials entrance. The party only has 20 minutes to complete the quest, once time is up the whole party is kicked out and is taken to the middle of Arroyo. At the entrance there will be golden geckos that player will have to kill. They all have an orb. All players must kill all geckos to retrieve the orbs. Once all obtained, they will have to enter it into a round keyhole type thing in the door. The door will open then the next challenge starts.

The room will be filled with Radscorpions The next door is locked, so a player can keep radscorpions off another player that can pick the door (Does not require a big lockpicking skill, in fact a poor one can work) Then players can enter the next challenge. There will be jars and chests everywhere. The next door cannot be accessible normally, so there will be an explosive in one of the jars or chests. (Random location every time). A player will have to place it next to the door. It will explode and players can enter the next part. (Note: if a player is really stupid and places the explosive somewhere else...then that's it for them, wait till time's up or leave the trials...)

The next part is sorta the final, there will be more golden geckos, but just for the occasion. After fighting off geckos (optional) they will have to get ready for a big fight. That means they should have healing items, and a doctor on there team. (Not really recommended, but really helps out.)

The party leader must enter the door and all other player will enter with him/her. The room will be a normal sized room with empty space...and a Mother Deathclaw in the middle. With that, instead of a normal 310 health, it has 645 health. So the party must work as a team to kill it. It will also do a bit less damage than a normal Mother Deathclaw. It wont just aggro one player until they are killed, it will aggro one player, do some damage, then head on to the next.

Once the Mother Deathclaw is defeated, Klint will appear (The one who guards the trials). The party leader will talk to him and tell him good job and so on. Once that happens, everyone that was in the trials will earn 1500 exp and 1000 caps, and possibly an item. I think it could be the Vault 13 Water Flask. It will be filled with this pure water. It has one use, when you use it, replenishes all of your HP and can remove any state you are inflicted with. One one use, you will have an empty flask that can be used for, probably a trophy of some kind for completing the trials. But its useless just empty.

Final Note!
A player that has completed the trials (or failed it) will be tagged in the system for doing so.
That means that player cannot do the quest for a week. When a player tries to tag a player that enters the quest, the system wont count him/her as a player, meaning the village elder will say you do not have enough people, or if they do, that player will just be left there.

Thank you!

Thanks for reading my idea! I hope it can be put inside the game for players to try it. I started playing 6 days ago and I cant stop playing this game :P. If this does enter the game, I hope I can make/rip the maps and enter in all dialoge! If not that's fine with me, because I really like this idea. Thank you :)
add this to game !

Let the Force be with You.

scarletdevilist

• Whoop ass time! ^^
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 09:05:29 pm »

Glad you liked it :P

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 10:38:07 pm »

Leave it to bambi to like a bad idea

Alexandrite

• Never trust a Game Master with a big smile.
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2012, 11:18:47 pm »

I would say no to this, even though it sounds good.

One reason is that this village was made right after when the vault dweller came to that place after the master died and stuff...

Secondly, Fallout Online 2238 is a game mode in between after Fallout 1 and before Fallout 2...

Lastly, if we add this, we have to add the main character from Fallout 2, which would be a pain in the butt...

May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't.

scarletdevilist

• Whoop ass time! ^^
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2012, 02:45:38 am »

Is Narg considered the Fallout 2 character? Well I see what you mean, it has to be story related
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2012, 09:17:23 pm »

The protagonist from Fo2 is the chosen one.
For now, there is no quest, so no need to choose a one.
There is no need to higlight any member of Arroyo of this status, for now...
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.799 seconds with 26 queries.