"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 06:21:45 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Reduce the size of throwing knives  (Read 1120 times)

Reduce the size of throwing knives
« on: March 06, 2012, 11:32:52 pm »

Right now the item size of throwing knives is ridiculous, you can fit 30 guns in the trunk of your car, but 50 throwing knives fills it to capacity? While this does not effect what you can carry, it reduces storage options on an item that is not that big!

I can guess how the problem came to be, there is probably only one setting for size, an because throwing knives are quite long they would have received a large size, but they are flat, you could store thousands of them in the trunk of a buggy! 

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
Re: Reduce the size of throwing knives
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 09:39:39 pm »

Yes I agree, although realism isn't really a good argument for it, in my opinion. I agree because knives are used in a more rapid succession than a gun, and therefore, more should be able to fit inside a storage container.

Also, a lot of items sizes need re-adjusting. First thing I can think of are crafting materials like alloys, metal parts, Electronic Parts, etc. If those items could be smaller, it wouldn't break the game, it would just save a second or two by not having to pick up the item off the ground, right next to the workbench.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 08:39:06 am »

The only reason I bring it up is because when I go hunting, I usually fill up the car, leave it in a secure...ish location with some extra ammo and armour just in case... though normally, though I can fit thousands of bullets and several guns, one load of knives seems to fill the whole thing... which makes no sense and is quite annoying.  Why is realism not a good argument by the way?  I mean obviously this is a game and realism is down on the list of priorities when compared to things like balance and ease of use, but it is still something to try and aim at least close to

avv

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 09:49:59 am »

It's not just knives. For example beer has stack limit, but nuka hasn't. Superstims got the limit too, but stims don't.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

JovankaB

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 10:17:34 am »

Yes.
Probably the most ridiculous example is magnum's speed loader which weights 2 times the weight of the pistol.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 10:20:14 am by JovankaB »

avv

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2012, 10:18:21 am »

Don't forget extended magazines.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2012, 04:26:31 pm »

Weight is an issue too, but this is about size, throwing knives on their own have a reasonably weight, its just their size in a container that is messed up -.- obviously all stuff that will be changed in the future, but it effects me now so I figure ill make a bit of noise :P

Wallace

• "Not a bug. It's a feature"
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2012, 09:25:41 pm »

There are plenty of such irregularities waiting years to be fixed...

craft, Craft, CRAFT! (armors)
sometimes repair dismantle stuff
Roleplay!
...and most of all; DEATH TO NERFING!!!

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2012, 12:35:35 am »

There are plenty of such irregularities waiting years to be fixed...
haha yea like hummer put 20 ca`s in want to put 1 more knife in it nope but i have 10k 5mm ap and it all fits wtf. fail!
Roaming the waste again.
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2012, 01:20:00 am »

Weight and size has never made sense even in original fallout's as far as i remember , i will give some inquiry.

Try to science a gatling gun with high science , you will get so much stuff that i wouldn't be surprised if resources gained would weight for times it's original source - gatling. Creating mass out of thin air. Load ammunition in weapon , ammo suddenly looses weight , erasing mass on demand. Few days ago i stuffed a dog with 5000 gold nuggets , like how the fuck it still can move ? IT is sucking those gold nuggets like a black hole. Stuffed 5500 meat on hummer last session ... no comments. Then again you should see our lockers where we dump worthless ammo , i think the locker could support the whole world war 2 by itself(gold nugget dog will not beat that). TC lockers , serious intergalactic deep space centers of universe. Science shotguns , hunting rifles and soon you will be able to make a house.

In a sense this all is funny , no point of any realism in this game. Though common sense is always welcomed.
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2012, 05:39:16 am »

Hehe I do see your point, realism out, character balance in :P  So replace all previous arguments about realism to : It puts throwers at a disadvantage :P
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 24 queries.