"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 19, 2024, 08:48:05 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: gunsmith?  (Read 1048 times)

gunsmith?
« on: February 17, 2012, 05:35:54 am »

Stoopid question....but does repair or science allow me to make good guns and ammo?

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
Re: gunsmith?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 06:03:16 am »

repair lets you buy professions that you can use to make good guns.(with proper blue print of course)
science also lets you buy professions like energy weapons professions. repair is small guns, big guns and armors.
repair also lets you well fix armors better. science gives you more items when a item is dismantled.
Roaming the waste again.
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 06:18:17 am »

sooo i need a science character to get parts...repair character to make guns and armor...and a lockpicking character to get blue prints....seems like they want us to have 40 alts just to play the game...lol oh and need a character to make drugs lol

Ox-Skull

• TRH
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 06:55:19 am »

science isnt that necessary. mines 45 and i get parts regulary from dismantle. u only need 100 repair to get smlg prof 2 and armorer. i have used 1 char in 3 wipes. 

wanting 1 char to do all these things is silly.
maybe should just remove prof requirements and no level cap then all can be uber.
Ranger of the Wastes. The Wastes still needs civilised people.

headshot

• Killian
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 08:52:52 am »

sooo i need a science character to get parts...repair character to make guns and armor...and a lockpicking character to get blue prints....seems like they want us to have 40 alts just to play the game...lol oh and need a character to make drugs lol
Depends how you made your character. For example my character is:
Gunsmith (Small Guns) II, Gunsmith (Big Guns) II, Armorer II, Energy Expert II and Doctor I
Yeah, it's possible, fair and legal since there's no proffessions limit and you don't need weapon skill to become a gunsmith. Silly thing was characters who can make fancy Plasma Rifles but can't make a scope and attach it to the rifle.
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 10:56:09 am »

Nop you dont need that many characters unless if you want to be an utter twink.

You can tag small guns (assuming you want small guns), lockpick and whatever else you want.

Then you just need to raise repair and science to 50 and you are good for most level 1 professions (or to 100 for the level 2s) which is doable very very easily.

You dont need science to dismantle to get parts... you need a trip to the mine.
You dont need drugs to play the game competently with a rounded character. You can farm drugs or buy them with the money you make of crafting and looting.

So no, you dont need 50 alts. You need -maybe- 1 alt to play competently and enjoy even pvp. After all you realise that even the most beastly pvp character dies many many many times due to a nasty critical, misjudged situation or something like that... so yea... sorry no cookies for you.
Strength through unity,
unity through Faith.
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2012, 01:13:08 pm »

How high should I jack up lockpicking?
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2012, 06:23:15 pm »

I think the idea is that should interact with other people, trade, etc.
And generally a science/repair character is one alt, a crafter alt.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.105 seconds with 21 queries.