"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 19, 2024, 09:02:38 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: umm science?  (Read 1219 times)

umm science?
« on: February 16, 2012, 07:21:42 am »

well thx to solid snakes little tip ive finaly got some guns and a tent (had ammo till i walked out of junktown with my gun out lmao) and well when i made my character i tagged repair.....thinking that was how u disassemble guns and armor but i just found out it is science....lol sooo what is repair good for exactly? and do u think i could get enough science to get a decent amount of parts from gear? and maybe make some basic energy stuff? (want my pvp ape to use ew/plasma) or should i just start over...i realy hope not lol

solid snake

• Got a smoke?
Re: umm science?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 08:26:49 am »

repair is used for what you think it does, repairing guns and armor. i dont play character builds that use science and repair, so i cant exactly tell you what % you need. although from my current understanding, there is no reason to go over 150% in both skills because of a certain support perk and the rework of this whole new system. someone else here could help you better on this subject.

Kombajn

• Ciśnij pompki, paziu.
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 09:44:14 am »

I got char with 286% of science and Dismantler perk (25% more resources while dismantling item) and I see a much difference when I got like 180-200 of science.

After one hour of farming I have enough resources to craft several of hi tech items.
Currently retired.

avv

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 10:29:12 am »

It's science 300 + dismantler or you're missing good resources. Despite the rumours, luck has no effect on sciencing. Best way to science is to drop all stuff in one pile and science them from the ground.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 11:09:58 am »

I have 24% science, and try to farm some BG guns, or ammo, so after killing 3-6 khans, i have to do something with their stuff (jackets, leather armors, greases, fn fals, shotguns). Each group gives me 1-5 metal parts, shitloads of gecko pelts, fibers, wood, alloys. But i have to admit, that HQ materials are really rare.

avv

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 03:34:24 pm »

I have 24% science, and try to farm some BG guns, or ammo, so after killing 3-6 khans, i have to do something with their stuff (jackets, leather armors, greases, fn fals, shotguns). Each group gives me 1-5 metal parts, shitloads of gecko pelts, fibers, wood, alloys. But i have to admit, that HQ materials are really rare.

I'm pretty sure khan loot doesn't hand out hq parts.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2012, 09:29:48 pm »

so then i should prolly start over and tag science :( well 2 questions. how can i delete my character so i can use his name and would anybody be willing to donate brahmin hides? and maybe take me to gas station to get the ranger perk lol
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2012, 09:43:49 pm »

I'm pretty sure khan loot doesn't hand out hq parts.

Youre pretty wrong:)
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2012, 11:00:36 am »

Mygunyourhead...

If you are willing to give and not just take you should PM The Lost Children about joining. They help new players but expect something in return (like joining another new player, donating the next brahmin hides you find after you build your own tent etc).
Strength through unity,
unity through Faith.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 22 queries.