"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 08:35:37 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Bring back flares!!  (Read 1354 times)

Bring back flares!!
« on: February 02, 2012, 02:42:27 pm »

Make flares permanent again please.  Campfires last forever so why not flares?  IIRC a dev said that items left on the ground don't affect performance and it's not like having a flare on the ground is abusable, it just gives us a way to personalize our tents/bases that adds a bit of extra fun.

Please?
Re: Bring back flares!!
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 11:45:48 am »

Definitelly yes. And Flares should be craftable imho. Say 2x Gunpowder + 2x Fibres ?

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 12:48:50 pm »

Yes.

Though there was an instance pre-wipe with a super flare that DID affect performance for everyone, lowering their FPS.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

solid snake

• Got a smoke?
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 12:56:08 pm »

prewipe ravenous rat abused flares by setting dropping tons of them on one hex in ncr. all of ncr was lagging out. im pretty sure something like that effects performance.
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 02:35:49 pm »

At least make them craftable.

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 07:31:10 pm »

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2012, 10:53:53 pm »

prewipe ravenous rat abused flares by setting dropping tons of them on one hex in ncr. all of ncr was lagging out. im pretty sure something like that effects performance.
If you mean during pre-wipe madness I think that was a special flare.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2012, 02:54:26 am »

the one im talking about as i mentioned was a "SUPER FLARE" Which had purple lighting and went on as far as you could see the item all over the entire map.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2012, 06:47:43 am »

the one im talking about as i mentioned was a "SUPER FLARE" Which had purple lighting and went on as far as you could see the item all over the entire map.
Well I'm only talking about regular ordinary green & orange flares. They used to be a cool little item that people could use to personalize their tent/base but now they disappear after 2-3 rl hours so they're basically worthless

Wallace

• "Not a bug. It's a feature"
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2012, 02:24:39 pm »

Well idea of flares burning eternally might not seem realistic but i do agree it's the only way for those to be usable...

craft, Craft, CRAFT! (armors)
sometimes repair dismantle stuff
Roleplay!
...and most of all; DEATH TO NERFING!!!
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2012, 02:35:24 pm »

Might not be realistic but atleast it's fun. I agree that they should be added back. Meanwhile you can use rum which glows in the dark aswell.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2012, 02:39:12 pm »

If they'd be more widely available, then make them atleast useful (for the faraway day when Day/Night Cylce affects chance to hit and FoV). Right now, they are useless and their only purpose is to troll or make the maps look very very ugly.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.381 seconds with 27 queries.