"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • October 06, 2024, 06:23:12 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Militia Location  (Read 962 times)

Militia Location
« on: January 20, 2012, 07:25:43 pm »

It seems as though most complain about militia size/strength, I personally don't have a problem with it (as I don't participate in TC) but what is truly annoying is having someone with a 10mm pistol single shot you and then being murdered by the militia.  I believe that it would be better if militia location/TC location was moved away from the main shops so people could still trade in unprotected towns without being "trolled".  (Perfectly fine fighting 1-2 people in a shop)

In the Den for example, the militia sitting next to slaver central and 2 merchants is just a huge pain in the ass with a single troll there, and a better location may be the outbuilding in the southwest.

Redding, the doctor (partially), malmute and ascorti are all "defended" by the militia and thus shopping there is nearly pointless since at peak times almost all gangs have at least one troll sitting in the town.

Yes, the wasteland is harsh but should it allow people to use militia to rape anybody that comes to trade in the town since the town would want people to trade in it?
Re: Militia Location
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 11:37:25 am »

It seems as though most complain about militia size/strength, I personally don't have a problem with it (as I don't participate in TC) but what is truly annoying is having someone with a 10mm pistol single shot you and then being murdered by the militia.  I believe that it would be better if militia location/TC location was moved away from the main shops so people could still trade in unprotected towns without being "trolled".  (Perfectly fine fighting 1-2 people in a shop)

In the Den for example, the militia sitting next to slaver central and 2 merchants is just a huge pain in the ass with a single troll there, and a better location may be the outbuilding in the southwest.

Redding, the doctor (partially), malmute and ascorti are all "defended" by the militia and thus shopping there is nearly pointless since at peak times almost all gangs have at least one troll sitting in the town.

Yes, the wasteland is harsh but should it allow people to use militia to rape anybody that comes to trade in the town since the town would want people to trade in it?

Militia should be placed logically for simulationist reasons, but if that is so, then the controlling faction should be resposible for enabling trade.

Not disabling it.

TC chest should reflect the level of trade.
I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 05:23:38 pm »

I my opinion, the militia should be more numerous, with less hp, and scatered in all the city. There is no point having it only in a limited area. With, for instance, 30 militian scatered in all the town, always moving, it would be possible to have all areas alternativelly protected and unprotected, depending of where the militian are. Plus, it would change the tactics agains't them.
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 06:38:19 pm »

My problem with milita was always one thing that it was made up from mercs or slaves added there wich resulted in unfitting critters in the milita pool. It would be more logical if milita would be made of the locals only so at Gecko only ghouls geared as the guards in the reactor, Broken Hills muties some ghouls and humans in gear of unity patrol, Den slavers and random bandits geared with their own default gear, Redding prospectors and some miners. Milita would get weak this way in many places however their number should be bigger to compensate the luck of better gears. And last milita should patrol around the town like visiting areas away from their main post as naossano posted.
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2012, 10:53:49 pm »

My problem with milita was always one thing that it was made up from mercs or slaves added there wich resulted in unfitting critters in the milita pool. It would be more logical if milita would be made of the locals only so at Gecko only ghouls geared as the guards in the reactor, Broken Hills muties some ghouls and humans in gear of unity patrol, Den slavers and random bandits geared with their own default gear, Redding prospectors and some miners. Milita would get weak this way in many places however their number should be bigger to compensate the luck of better gears. And last milita should patrol around the town like visiting areas away from their main post as naossano posted.

Yes.

This is actually an old suggestion, but the way it is now is [IIRC] because weaker militia just get picked off when the controlling gang is sleeping.

I like the suggestion, but would allow gift equipment to be donated to militia. This would not necessarily come with skill for using it.
(Rocket fun from shotgun militia!)
I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 21 queries.