"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 07:21:43 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: New command for mercenaries: assassinate target.  (Read 1369 times)

New command for mercenaries: assassinate target.
« on: September 15, 2011, 10:13:55 pm »

It's pretty simple, you can order a mercenary to track down and kill somebody, for a fee of around 500-1000 extra cap.

They search for 30 minutes to 3 hours (RL), and then spawn and start attacking them when they have been in an unguarded town or encounter for more then 5 minutes.

-Ulrek-

Grzesiu

• High Five Critical miss.
Re: New command for mercenaries: assassinate target.
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 11:43:26 pm »

I think 500-1k caps its much too low.
And 2nd thing there should be maybe like 2-3 npcs for one time max in other way somebody will be swarmed for teh lulz just
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 11:55:34 pm »

Mass assassin merc alts incoming !

You stay in an encounter for a bit longer for example farming some san francisco caravan next minute an army of doom spawns near you , next turn you eat shit and die or even better you town control an unguarded town with teammates suddenly army of doom appears out of nowhere and then rockets start raining. No thanks.

- over my dead body - :)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 12:00:19 am by T-888 »

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 01:02:07 am »

This could work if we did it correctly.

3 mercenaries max.  GLOBALLY.  In other words, you can't send mercs after 1 guy if someone already has 3 mercenaries chasing him.

Merc will require default weapon type (so you dont give a SG merc a LSW = cheap kill)

you must set bounty of the target at Hub, then, while at the sheriff's office, you then use dialogue option with merc or with sheriff (when merc is in near you and sheriff) and pick a name from "say".

The mercenary will then disappear and as suggested hunt down the player.  (Until the merc is dead he counts in your follower slots.  And you must check the sheriff periodically to see if you can pick your mercenary(s) up or hear the news that they failed and got killed).

Locations: 
Unguarded towns  - They must only enter from the farthest away spawn so people aren't dropped on from spawn randomly without a chance.  So you have a chance to defend yourself or run.

Random encounters - They can put you into a forced encounter (such as finding Bunkers) and if you run, and they dont kill you they will keep up the chase and you have a chance to be caught in mercenary encounter again).

The mercenary(s) can only hunt players above level 15.

The mercenaries will obviously loot the player they killed and fellow dead mercenaries.  And will go to worldmap and after 3 minutes will be in the sheriff's place for pickup.

btw, sending your mercs after them you have to pay them 5,000 caps each and set the bounty for the player at sheriffs.

But...  I do wonder if this is even possible.  I wouldn't think so.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 01:13:49 am »

I have great idea, let's add option to let NPCs do everything!

Want to TC? No problem, hire NPC guys and command them to do so.
Want to build a base but miss friends? No problem, hire NPCs and they will help you.
Want to get rare stuff? No problem, hire NPCs and they will farm for you...

It is multiplayer game folks, NPCs shouldn't do any work for players.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2011, 01:18:45 am »

I have great idea, let's add option to let NPCs do everything!

Want to TC? No problem, hire NPC guys and command them to do so.
Want to build a base but miss friends? No problem, hire NPCs and they will help you.
Want to get rare stuff? No problem, hire NPCs and they will farm for you...

It is multiplayer game folks, NPCs shouldn't do any work for players.
Yeah, you try "hunting" down a player that leaves literally no evidence that can allow you to trace him.

In real world, hunting someone down, you would take a lead, and follow it from there.  Asking the local people questions, tracing tracks.

Try doing that in Fonline.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2011, 01:22:33 am »

But...  I do wonder if this is even possible.  I wouldn't think so.

Yeah fonline engine isn't no miracle maker as far as i know and i kind a support johnnybravo arguments , adding more options for npc's won't solve anything michael.

hmm maybe if players would have some option to track down other players but i have no idea how to make that work even theoretically.

In real world

This is a game dammit.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 01:31:38 am by T-888 »

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2011, 01:32:14 am »

Well I have another idea for hunting down players, but it still involves npcs.  Somewhat like a quest where when a player enters npc sight, you can talk to npc and use "say" and type player's name.  The NPC depending on speech/Charisma/Strength may or may not ask for payment for information.  They could say depending on time player came by:

1.  Oh yeah that guy just passed by like 5 minutes ago (RL Time)
2.  That dude came 'round these parts while ago (20 minutes)
3.  Ooohhh that guy.  Yeah he got in and out about an hour ago.  Prolly ain't around no more.

With Tracker perk, you can use mechanic by perk to check ground for footprints, they show up depending on outdoorsman.  100% being general enough amount, and you can use a dog dialogue to follows the player's path until he leaves by grid in past 15 minutes.

I would also think a dog could to some extent point you in general location of player.  *The dog seems earnest to go west.*
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 01:33:52 am by Michaelh139 »

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2011, 01:50:24 am »

Above post sounds much better than original idea. The dog part is especially good. *The dog growls toward the east* could be another option. Nice use for dogs that still makes the player have to stay active.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2011, 02:02:05 am »

This is a game dammit.
Based on very real world concepts with sci-fi attached.
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2011, 05:13:24 am »

This idea already came with abuse protection, since it was based on a single mercenary being told to attack somebody at a time, and with a big, and random time difference between the time they find somebody unless you send an army over night to attack somebodies PvP alt, the mercs will always show up at different times, meaning they won't spawn as a group.

The amount of caps was based on pre-paying the mercs to hunt people down, since there will be merc upkeep when this kind of thing could be added, so his upkeep will be paid ahead of time while he's looking for the person.

And the level limit, well, if you want to risk mercs dying and losing all their gear, then you should be able to send them after anyone, which is actually alot nicer then spawning an entire squad of them on a level 2, at least he'll only have 8 AP to chase you around in TB, rather then a merc leader with a rocket launcher and 12 AP to blow up noobs with his bois.

-Ulrek-

Grommok

• Desert Ranger
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2011, 03:26:12 pm »

Well I have another idea for hunting down players, but it still involves npcs.  Somewhat like a quest where when a player enters npc sight, you can talk to npc and use "say" and type player's name.  The NPC depending on speech/Charisma/Strength may or may not ask for payment for information.  They could say depending on time player came by:

1.  Oh yeah that guy just passed by like 5 minutes ago (RL Time)
2.  That dude came 'round these parts while ago (20 minutes)
3.  Ooohhh that guy.  Yeah he got in and out about an hour ago.  Prolly ain't around no more.

With Tracker perk, you can use mechanic by perk to check ground for footprints, they show up depending on outdoorsman.  100% being general enough amount, and you can use a dog dialogue to follows the player's path until he leaves by grid in past 15 minutes.

I would also think a dog could to some extent point you in general location of player.  *The dog seems earnest to go west.*
Like this. This way make speech-barter much more useful. Outdoors should be able to be used in square to check people passed by there in last 10 REAL TIME minutes, and Dogs could become Group Leader, wander around for a while, and if he can track down something, he start heading in his direction, for let's say 5 REAL TIME minutes, possibly leading to capture.
Quote from: Grommok
Chi si ritira dalla lotta
E' un gran figlio di mignotta!
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.309 seconds with 21 queries.