"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 20, 2024, 12:45:35 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Good PvP Build ?  (Read 1444 times)

Good PvP Build ?
« on: September 13, 2011, 04:35:40 pm »

Can anyone tell me a good pvp build that is NOT a sniper or BGer... I tryed Unarmed/Melee but when I got attacked I got shot then the second time the same guy was going to attack me again, I punched him then he shot me again. I have 10 En and I get 1 shotted by other beginners (its equal) :/ I also die every time I travel :/
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 04:41:35 pm by EvilKhan »
Re: Good PvP Build ?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 06:11:36 pm »

Hello :)

Why dont you give a try to small gun burster?

if you are planning 3 charisma character you can try laser/plasmo pistol spammer. it is not a top pvp build, but very nice to slice and melt noobs and is giving a dicent dps per turn
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 06:37:54 pm »

EW is only sniper if you don't want SG or BG you don't have anything good.

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 12:14:09 am »

Unarmed builds are not usually good at PvP, except for defense. They can be good if you make them right, but they will never been good in large-scale PvP with current unarmed mechanics. You'd get bursted by 5 people before you get within 10 hexes of them. Only good unarmed build, in my opinion, is a critical one. Disarming helps a lot, especially when fighting players. If you are fighting more than one player at a time, you are screwed when using Unarmed. They really can't compare to a high-tier ammo-using weapon... EW, BG, and SG.

You can try critical throwing build with throwing knife. The disadvantage would be their short range, but they can make good critical hits, and can work well in enclosed areas.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

TheGreenHand

• TGHGWC
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 12:31:49 am »

I agree with Abe. H2H builds are a lot of fun, but typically they're impractical for PvP. Though it does feel nice to get that rare instakill on a mine pker who's wearing BA...
But if you want a more interesting build, a critical throwing knife is worth checking out. They can have some solid crits, typically within the 70-90hp range as long as you have Better Crits (which you must). Also, depending on what you want to use the build for, making it a sneaker on top of that will enable you to get close enough to throw without being detected.
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2011, 03:50:22 pm »

Ok I wanna be a throwing sneaker, but can u tell me how to set my stats ? :(
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2011, 04:11:02 pm »

Plazma tank is fun too.
But anyway mutant leader pwnz dem all.
Kill them all and let the god sort them out.

jonny rust

• Caravan Dan
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2011, 11:01:23 pm »

I have never made one but I don't think I would settle for less than 10 luck happily and at the very least 6 to take all the crit perks. You will want to make sneaking your primary skill as it will need to be very high to safely get your to your target unseen, so you will probably want to be very intelligent as too, perhaps you can get by with gifted trait.

I would check the req for using throwing knives and set your strength there, or, count on taking the heave ho perk later on and leveling the hard way for a while but set your strength even lower. 

take all the critical perks of course.

silent running

etc.

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2011, 11:08:26 pm »

I have never made one

You have never made a powerbuild ..... what ? Enlighten me , i just really want to know what else there is in this game besides crafting and killing everything that moves ? ;D
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 11:10:41 pm by T-888 »

jonny rust

• Caravan Dan
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2011, 11:21:30 pm »

You have never made a powerbuild ..... what ? Enlighten me , i just really want to know what else there is in this game besides crafting and killing everything that moves ? ;D

I meant I have never made a knife throwing sneaker, but to answer your question... the game is what you make of it. I rarely play with power-build. If I do its an alt purely for TC, and not much else.

Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 21 queries.