"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 20, 2024, 12:53:48 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: lockpick question  (Read 985 times)

TKs-KaBoom

• The Usual Suspect (according to Surf)
lockpick question
« on: September 16, 2011, 02:21:18 am »

how high do you need lockpick skill to lockpick hummers?
It's all really about suppression of dissension, consensus through censorship.  Whether through extermination of those who have different or conflicting viewpoints or subtle spin of available media.  If there is only one opinion left, it must be right, right?

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
Re: lockpick question
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 02:23:47 am »

Currenlty, you cannot re-lock any vehicle. May or may not be a bug, there is a bug thread on it.

But, if it was possible, the skill of the person putting on the lock would determine how hard it is for another person to unlock.

Edit: Sorry, read it wrong.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 02:28:59 am by Dishonest Abe »
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

TKs-KaBoom

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 02:25:43 am »

thanks for the quick response but i meant to unlock the car.......
It's all really about suppression of dissension, consensus through censorship.  Whether through extermination of those who have different or conflicting viewpoints or subtle spin of available media.  If there is only one opinion left, it must be right, right?
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 03:08:10 am »

No matter your Lockpick %, you always have a chance to open locks.
The higher your skill, the better the chance.
Everything must change.

TKs-KaBoom

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 03:23:02 am »

These are ofc all great vague answers but whats the complexity of a hummer lock or more importantly how high do i need my lockpick skill percent to have a GOOD chance of picking it?

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2011, 03:34:02 am »

No one knows.  There's no way to know for normal players.  I would think all car locks are the same difficulty though.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

TKs-KaBoom

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2011, 04:36:17 am »

Obviously I need to rephrase this question.....

For people that play lockpicker characters, what percent have you found effective for opening hummers?  I understand that lightning may strike, money bags could fly out of armored trucks, pigs could fly out of assholes, but what I want to know is at what percent would a professional car thief aspire to raise their lockpick skill?
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2011, 04:53:48 am »

200% -250% should do fine.

300% is for professionals.
Everything must change.

Evan

• The dead are never aplenty enough.
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2011, 07:47:49 am »

I did it with about 130 and an advanced lockpick. Thou it took time.

Sheisserick

• Drugdealer - PM me
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2011, 10:48:43 am »

at 100% and with expanded lockpicks I lockpicked a car in something like 15 tries.

I have however also stolen a car in San Fran later, with just a single try... (was at 220ish %, and no lockpicks in hand)
"Once you get locked into a serious drug-collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can!"

Implement Auctions in FLC banks
Endgame idea
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.201 seconds with 23 queries.