"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 01, 2024, 07:44:49 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: Gathering? Waiting?  (Read 30491 times)

Bartosz

• Rotator
  • There'd better be a killer reason...
Re: Gathering? Waiting?
« Reply #135 on: September 11, 2011, 10:36:59 am »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

That doesn't mean we're gonna let HQ stuff be easy.
« Reply #136 on: September 11, 2011, 11:11:05 am »

Good, rare high tier gear will make it seem like the first weeks after wipe go on longer=more fun  ;D

Reiniat

• Humanhunter
« Reply #137 on: September 16, 2011, 06:21:19 am »

I have been away for a few weeks with a busy time at work and a poorly boy at home ... any chance someone can boil down the last 9 pages into a few lines? ;)
Some people thinks cooldowns are fine, its the best system at now.
Some others think that we need something new because actual economy is broken
Some others believe that economy is fine now
Most of the guys agree with the fact that economy will never be good.
There are a lot of suggestions about pure scavenging, find and fix broken weapons, resources=danger, etc.

In my opinion its easiest if you devs use your own brains and forget all this stuff (but not literally), if you want to make something clear about all this stuff your brains will explode.
Current char: Oblivion, Oceansoul, Black Tears

Sorry for my bad english
Quote from: Santa Anna
Any action or inaction in a position of power will always grant you enemies

avv

« Reply #138 on: September 16, 2011, 08:53:59 am »

Some people thinks cooldowns are fine, its the best system at now.

Those people are just plain wrong. As said multiple times cooldowns aren't fun and they are encourage cheating.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Bartosz

• Rotator
  • There'd better be a killer reason...
« Reply #139 on: September 16, 2011, 09:14:35 am »

Those people are just plain wrong. As said multiple times cooldowns aren't fun and they are encourage cheating.

Let's just clarify that our latest build contains refactored gathering without cooldowns. Yipiee!

Still, it's not usable at the moment:>

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #140 on: September 16, 2011, 02:03:31 pm »

Let the countdown begin to a whole new set of things for people to moan about! Hurrah!
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

Andr3aZ

• Endless forum lurker
« Reply #141 on: September 16, 2011, 05:42:36 pm »

Ok lets start the countdown. I start:

Soon
Soon
Soon

SCNR ;)

Johnny Nuclear

• Rotator
  • hrmm
« Reply #142 on: September 18, 2011, 03:53:29 pm »

Ok lets start the countdown. I start:

Soon
Soon
Soon

SCNR ;)

more like
soon
sooner
even more sooner
even more sooner

Btw coouldn't it wait ehh.. for another month ? i need time to finish mah map.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 03:55:17 pm by Johnny Nuclear »
Rockwell gold card owner.
« Reply #143 on: September 18, 2011, 04:40:01 pm »

The new cooldowns might break economy, but man, its so nice to see people mining again. And players guarding mines.
Or PVP in toxic caves, because more people bother to go. More people are crafting, these sights have more life and theres more action!
Less world map, more purpose to be places. I dig it alot.
DrWorm
« Reply #144 on: September 20, 2011, 02:29:41 am »

Let the countdown begin to a whole new set of things for people to moan about! Hurrah!
-26 739 205
-26 739 206
-26 739 207
-26 739 208
...Hurrah...  >:( ::)

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #145 on: September 20, 2011, 04:12:44 pm »

The new cooldowns might break economy, but man, its so nice to see people mining again. And players guarding mines.
Or PVP in toxic caves, because more people bother to go. More people are crafting, these sights have more life and theres more action!
Less world map, more purpose to be places. I dig it alot.
Economy is dead few days after each wipe. Really, leave it.

But did I see "interaction" between these lines? Did I see the word "players" in other meaning than PvP-apes business and brainless Tree Control? I did. I can bet my balls this is good for multiplayer game then.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

headshot

• Killian
« Reply #146 on: September 20, 2011, 05:19:53 pm »

Well boss, the point is that for many people PvP means Tree Control. Unfortunately.

About the new cooldowns it works for me. Of course, this would power up the ape machinery but some people addicted to mining would make less alts. The 27 minutes for 4 high quality iron ores ... this was too much. Definitely. Just imagine that you're factionless non-pvpape guy who really wants to make his deserved Combat Armor. But how long will you have to dig to get materials? How fast will you loose your new, shiny armor?

Josh

• The Armegeddon Arms Co. is temporarily on hiatus
« Reply #147 on: September 20, 2011, 09:33:42 pm »

Well boss, the point is that for many people PvP means Tree Control. Unfortunately.
either that or pking bluesuits like a classy guy :P

About the new cooldowns it works for me. Of course, this would power up the ape machinery but some people addicted to mining would make less alts. The 27 minutes for 4 high quality iron ores ... this was too much. Definitely. Just imagine that you're factionless non-pvpape guy who really wants to make his deserved Combat Armor. But how long will you have to dig to get materials? How fast will you loose your new, shiny armor?
you are wise, I'm surprised that you managed to retain those memories after joining a faction. Most people instantly put noob years behind them and say "that was then" when noobs have a problem that they too probably had at one time.
When you hear people talking about the great leader of the Armeggedon Arms Co., there talking about me. On the flip side when you hear them laughing about the Plague who stood next to guard and died or something else like that, that would be my brother Ben.

Reiniat

• Humanhunter
« Reply #148 on: September 24, 2011, 04:51:01 pm »

With the new cooldown system im able to make, beggining from zero, a Laser Pistol and 100 SEC in 15mins, and 11Throwing Knives in 5mins, and 15mins to create Leather Jacket, or 200caps to buy a simple robe, With fighting alts. Resources begin to overload my tent, base or hiding places and thats fine.
If stuffs easier to get more people will not care for get it lost... 1min to respawn, DOC plus FA, 3mins travellling to scavengin zone, or mine, 5mins to craft and you are back to the game.
It makes me dont care about lose fights or talk with strangers in the wasteland, i wish other players feel like that.
Current char: Oblivion, Oceansoul, Black Tears

Sorry for my bad english
Quote from: Santa Anna
Any action or inaction in a position of power will always grant you enemies

Grommok

• Desert Ranger
« Reply #149 on: September 24, 2011, 04:52:52 pm »

That's exacly what is aimed for (i hope) along with alt reduction.
Keep workin', i'll keep sacrificing brahmins to GNTMWFOG!
Quote from: Grommok
Chi si ritira dalla lotta
E' un gran figlio di mignotta!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Page created in 0.261 seconds with 22 queries.