"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 19, 2024, 08:55:26 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Looking for advice (bg sneaker)  (Read 1512 times)

Looking for advice (bg sneaker)
« on: August 10, 2011, 01:16:55 pm »

Hello everyone

Im new to this game (started playing it 2 or 3 weeks ago) so forgive me if im asking a silly or an obvious questions. I made a sneaker(tagged skills: bg, doc, sneak). Before anyone asks why I made a sneaker. Yes, im aware of current  state of sneak skill. Snipers with 12pe can easly (28 hexes?) see a person with over 300% sneak and other things that make this skill even worse.
I wanted a sneaker because in almost every  multiplayer game I take a class, char that can attack an enemy by surprise and avoid combat if necessary. If there are some disandvantages then i will adapt to them. I did some research before making this char(forum, wiki), but still im not sure how the gameplay will look at lvl 21.

Here is a screenshot:

Perks:
Im going to take lifegiver at lvl 12, weapon handling at level 16 and bonus rate of fire at level 20.

Skills: Im going to spend all points on sneak from now (it should be 295% at lvl 21)

Im probably going to play as a loner (doubt that I will find a gang that suits me) and here comes the real problem. Ive heard its hard to obtain a good bg weapon, will it be a serious issue for me to get a minigun for example? Ive read that its easy to craft a flamer ( but I need to spend 20% for science to be able to make it.). Keep in mind that i have only 1 charisma so it wont be easy for me to buy it from vendors (mentats might be a solution here but it wont be easy to get them either).
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 01:19:03 pm by Zyredox »
Re: Looking for advice (bg sneaker)
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 01:43:53 pm »

you can always buy stuff from other players, or you can boost your charisma by taking mentats. lots of big guns are farmable too, especially the flamer but also minigun is quite common.

i would pick 'bonus ranged damage' instead of 'bonus rate of fire' - you still wont be able to burst twice during a round with brof, where as ranged damage boosts damage alot when it comes to bursts.

the only flaw i see, is too many points in AG and not enough in EN.

jhs

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 06:41:35 pm »

You would need LK 6 for bonus ranged damage. Which [LK] would be a good thing to have for a combat character. Critical fails with big guns...ehm. Yeah, someone tried to minigun me before and had his weapon destroyed, and I wasn't even jinxed.

Points from EN put to AG are fitting for a sneaky character. 6 is good enough.

What could be wrong is the very concept of a big gun sneaker. Big guns are heavy, and the ammo is heavy as well. Carried weight gives you a malus for sneaking...

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 06:49:52 pm »

You would need LK 6 for bonus ranged damage. Which [LK] would be a good thing to have for a combat character. Critical fails with big guns...ehm. Yeah, someone tried to minigun me before and had his weapon destroyed, and I wasn't even jinxed.

Points from EN put to AG are fitting for a sneaky character. 6 is good enough.

What could be wrong is the very concept of a big gun sneaker. Big guns are heavy, and the ammo is heavy as well. Carried weight gives you a malus for sneaking...

97% of the sneakers on this server are big guns. Your dude who destroyed his weapon had a very bad IRL luck, even with 1 luck, and it does happen even with 6. A big gun sneak don't have choice to have luck, they always have 1.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

JovankaB

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 06:53:25 pm »

Loner with 32% outdoors will be a pain to play. Sneak character isn't very good choice for loners - hard to level up and terrible in everything except sneaking/scouting and surprise attacks.
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2011, 07:01:41 pm »

i would pick 'bonus ranged damage' instead of 'bonus rate of fire' - you still wont be able to burst twice during a round with brof, where as ranged damage boosts damage alot when it comes to bursts.

What about jet? Wouldnt it give me 2ap? Thats  enought for 2x burst. Ive never been addicted before so I have no idea how addiction system works, but ive heard that jet addiction is pretty rough.

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2011, 07:18:19 pm »

What about jet? Wouldnt it give me 2ap? Thats  enought for 2x burst. Ive never been addicted before so I have no idea how addiction system works, but ive heard that jet addiction is pretty rough.

Jet is +2AP -2ST -15% DR. So in fact, you gonna have to take buffout to compensate ST bonus, which means nuka like buffout lower AG. And if you don't want the -15%DR (for a sneak it doesn't matter IMO, but well) you have to take psycho and cigs as well.
Jet addiction is like all other addictions, -1AP, except this addiction last forever.

Awful advice, BRD is useful mainly with avenger, and a sneak use more LSW or M60. Also, only one BRD is not so good, and finally, BRoF is twice better than BRD, even if you can't double burst at the end, it still speed up much your rate of fire.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.109 seconds with 25 queries.