"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 19, 2024, 09:04:42 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: My starting build.  (Read 1717 times)

My starting build.
« on: July 28, 2011, 12:51:05 am »

Hi my starting build is this :
ST 3 , PE 10 , EN 8 , CH 1 , IN 7 , AG 10 , LK 1
Skills : Small guns , big guns, outdoorsman
Traits : Fast Metabolism,Fast Shot
Perks : Awareness, Pack rat

I have choosen this build because I want to be sniper, but now I have alot of items and barter prices are very low for me and I need to use mentats to get someone to my group. What you think?
Re: My starting build.
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 12:56:05 am »

Fast shot sniper?
Fast shot sniper with 1 LK?
Fast shot sniper with 1 LK and BG?
I think laser gatling+finesse build somewhere on this forum wasn't that bad in comparison to this one.
Fast Metabolism? ;p

Is this thread a joke? If not, then you better create another character.
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 01:05:27 am »

Well I am soler than I am using fast shot , I shoot run, shoot run (I am using shotgun at close range), I dont want criticals much, I want base high damage, bg for rocket launcher. So you what you think I should do? Create new char? Why? It works fine.
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 01:21:34 am »

If you want PvE only, you can make any character, it doesn't matter. All will be fine, but for pure PvE still better take bonus moves perks, you don't need high EN. Use EW, if exactly - laser/plasma pistol.
If you want TB and kill innocent people entering your encounter, then you better not to take fast shot as you can do imba crippling in TB and they couldn't doc themselves, and again use laser pistol for crippling and plasma rifle for 1-2 eye shot killing. First make them without hands, then without legs, they will move few hexes per turn without being able to shoot, also you can farm Enclave with mausers, especially if you can hide behind cactus or rocks while doing that.
Actually, as I said for PvE any build is ok. Most economical is unarmed, most DPS is EW-fast shot, most trollish against others is crippler, you can make BA+lsw guy run from you while you're in bluesuit and with a mauser.
Grenade thrower is good in PvE too, especially combining SG/EW/BG + throwing.

Also I see no connection with:
Well I am soler than I am using fast shot

Reiniat

• Humanhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 05:12:15 am »

Just make this Can-Do-Everything char, you can use all Small Guns in a properly way, then you decide what you really want (smg burster, combat rifle burster, critical sniper, pistolero, etc):
S3
P6
E8
C1
I6
A10
L6
SKILLS:SMALL GUNS:225, FIRST AID:120, OUTSDOORSMAN:104
TRAITS: none, but take Bloody Mess for fun
PERKS:Bonus Ranged Damage, Toughness, Better Criticals, Lifegiver, Action Boy x2, Bonus Rate of Fire.

This is not a super powerbuild, but can be quite powerful anyway  ;D, once you test all guns (play a lot after lvl21) you decide what do you want to be.
Current char: Oblivion, Oceansoul, Black Tears

Sorry for my bad english
Quote from: Santa Anna
Any action or inaction in a position of power will always grant you enemies

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2011, 02:54:53 pm »

"Sniper", again. Gods, why?

Try this one:

or search for threads with "loner/newbie" builds, can be inspiring.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2011, 03:32:30 pm »

Ok, thanks for tips and builds, BUT is this build usable for something? Any kind of weapon? Or playstyle?

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2011, 04:05:57 pm »

If you ask about my - it can use SG pistols, take 3rd level of Armorer or Small Guns Gunsmith profession, can repair things, carry a lot, if you decide to put some points in Barter, not FA/Doc, you can trade with NPC shopkeepers. Kinda universal character, isn't it?

It's pretty useless in PvP, so don't even try. PvP-ape-chars look totally different and barely can do anything except fighting.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

Gaizk

• -40 5mm +1 Frag
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2011, 08:03:54 pm »

Yet those PVP Apes are the ones who populate the server the most, and those are the ones you find the most on the PVP enforced mechanics on this game, so sort of speaking you will be making a USELESS build in part.

TBH just go ahead with wichura´s build and be ready to eat a couple spoons full of shit every now and then for there will be little you can do about it. Then supposedly once you hit the lvl cap and amass a decent little fortune and find a decent little gang, you can start doing your own pvp APE builds and repeat the cycle all over again....

Ive never seen a game in my life thats so focused on mini maxing as this one... and given how the game is rather open in lots of ways, its just disappoints.
I think it's much better now. It's strange to see how everyone is a millionare in a wasteland..

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2011, 08:40:58 pm »

What I mean is, you can't provide necessary items with pure combat character at the beginning, so I recommend crafter build, that can do everything else. Playing with an "ape" is real butthurt for beginners, as they don't know how to fight efficient anyway and don't have gangmates as backup.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2011, 11:52:02 pm »

Ok, one more question, if I want make some fighting character do you recommend me energy weapons or big guns? I also want to have on that accounts some "NPC bodyguards" and I want to be trader, I am also not sure about build, if you dont want help me anymore with build I will try get some decent one on calculator. Actualy on actual account I am getting some miniguns+ammo and energy weps too for my new char which I will have in future. Thanks alot.
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2011, 12:37:24 pm »

I suggest you a slaver char then
Character stats
4 7 8 7 6 7 1
Taged skills small guns, first aid, outdoorsman.
Traits to take fast shot and good natured
Perks to choose Awareness lvl3, Magnetic Personality lvl6, Survivalist lvl11, Lifegiver lvl12, Bonus rate of fire lvl15, Action boy lvl18 and lvl21.
Skills
Small guns 180 (gunrunner small gun boost taken)
First aid 101
Doctor 95
Science 40 (basic ammo crafting)
Repair 60 (armorer lvl 1 and car repair)
Outdoorsman 155

Can hire or enslave 4 followers 5 with mentats with nuka cola action points are 11 thats 3 burst in real time combat with smg or six single shot. Also you can lead 7 or 9 people if you take mentats.
This char is an upgrade of what I use. This char is good for rt combat and tb too. If you have npc followers you can take on players too and you can lead a lot of pals so you have the upper hand against lone attackers or victims if you wish to be the attacker.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 12:39:35 pm by Jotisz »

Gaizk

• -40 5mm +1 Frag
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2011, 09:57:47 pm »

"NPC bodyguards"

You go to a town like that and someone will just go muhajidden on you, and they're also too expensive to bring to PVE, for a job you should be able to pull off yourself so that just leaves pvp, for which they're still toooo expensive if you dont know what youre doing...

Stick with the Sg Crafter build for a couple weeks, make friends and get wealthy (wealthy doesnt mean a minigun or 2, it means well over 200 or 300k caps) and you should be able to start experimenting builds
I think it's much better now. It's strange to see how everyone is a millionare in a wasteland..
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 21 queries.