"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 01:33:40 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [9] Have you seen this post-apocalyptic movie and what do you think about it?  (Read 6487 times)

Cola

• Knowledge is everything.

I saw a movie some days ago about a rag doll that awakens in a post-apocalyptic future and holds the key to humanity's salvation.
IMBd rated the movie  ★★★★★★★☆☆☆ 7/10 and my personal rating is ★★★★★★★★☆☆ 8/10.
I like the post-apocalyptic theme they are using and the characters are truely amazing.
It's not very often they release post-apocalyptic movies so this one is one of a kind almost.
I don't know what you think about this movie but I really like it.

Please tell me what you think about this movie in the comment section below.
(Feel free to rate the movie with the star system above if you want.)
If you haven't seen the movie yet, don't hesitate to tell us if it looks promising.
If you haven't seen the movie I suggest you to go to the closest store and rent/buy it.

Some pictures:

Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnoJecu9e7c

Tell me what you think!

My current In-game name is Colan.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...

I don't know what to think.  I mean, the whole "Living rag-doll" just made it really wierd to watch for me.  As a post-apo it was pretty good yeah, other wise I don't know honestly.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Cola

I don't know what to think.  I mean, the whole "Living rag-doll" just made it really wierd to watch for me.  As a post-apo it was pretty good yeah, other wise I don't know honestly.

Well, all movies has their cons.  :)
Yep, I like the post-apo part aswell.

headshot

• Killian

Post-apocalyptic movies? Hmm... I've seen some of them but I haven't seen this one you've posted info about. I'll do it as soon as I can.

One of my favs is the movie "On the Beach" from 2000 year (there's a version from 1959).  It's a story about people who survived on the last non-radiated place after the nuclear war in the world - Australia. Society is in collapse, waiting in agony till the wind will bring the deadly radiation cloud. One of the US Submarine which is docked in Australia going to Alaska, to check the strange signals from there. It's not so-effective movie maybe. There's not a lot of special FX and explosions. It's more about psychology, about feelings of people who waiting for their death, sorrow of mother who knows that she'll have to give cyanide to her little daughter to end her agony. Feelings of soldiers of the fallen country still believes they can save the world.

Of course, there's other post-apocalyptic movies and series I like. My fav of all time is the TV Series "Jericho". The story about people from small american town called Jericho who faced the fact, that their country has been under nuclear attack and they have to survive in the post-nuclear reality.

Also, the scenery and atmosphere on Resident Evil: Extinction is quite post-aocalyptic imho.

Cola

Post-apocalyptic movies? Hmm... I've seen some of them but I haven't seen this one you've posted info about. I'll do it as soon as I can.

One of my favs is the movie "On the Beach" from 2000 year (there's a version from 1959).  It's a story about people who survived on the last non-radiated place after the nuclear war in the world - Australia. Society is in collapse, waiting in agony till the wind will bring the deadly radiation cloud. One of the US Submarine which is docked in Australia going to Alaska, to check the strange signals from there. It's not so-effective movie maybe. There's not a lot of special FX and explosions. It's more about psychology, about feelings of people who waiting for their death, sorrow of mother who knows that she'll have to give cyanide to her little daughter to end her agony. Feelings of soldiers of the fallen country still believes they can save the world.

Of course, there's other post-apocalyptic movies and series I like. My fav of all time is the TV Series "Jericho". The story about people from small american town called Jericho who faced the fact, that their country has been under nuclear attack and they have to survive in the post-nuclear reality.

Also, the scenery and atmosphere on Resident Evil: Extinction is quite post-aocalyptic imho.

Thank you Headshot for sharing your thoughts with us.
I will watch the movies you stated in the post as soon as possible, as you describe them, they look pretty promising.
If you like post-apo movies I suggest you to watch "The book of eli" & "The road" aswell.
The movie I stated in this thread is animated but "The book of eli" & "The road" are not animated.

Reiniat

• Humanhunter

i see Jericho, and i hate it. it has 1, because i cant give him 0

i also see The Road, a very deep story, showing us a new way more personal of the apocalipsis, btw the actor has 60years at the moment of make the film. a 8.

The book of Eli is one of my favorite movies, it looks almost like a plagio of FO3 but its nice, and had awesome combat escenes. (the only problem is if someday Fallout get a movie, most of the people will think "hey this is Book of Eli")it has a 9

9 is awesome too, it make me cry   :'(,  even being forchilds is a very good movie and the making of the living rag-doll is a very artistic job. i give it 8

Also i see the Mutant Chrorincles, it is apocaliptic, peoplemust see it....

Also i remember a very old movie, maybe from 50 years ago... or maybe only 20 years. i see it in spanish his name was "Cuando el Destino nos Alcance" wich is traduced to "When fate get us" or something, but his english name was different.
It is one of the best apocaliptic historyes ever made, and its completely credible, is about earth dying, and everyone get hunger and dirty, and then making everything to survive. they become canibals (but they dont know), the awesome think is that everyone deny the apocalipsis, they do his normal life until the end. look at lol tv programs, discuse about politics, even when the world is going to the hell. You must see it, i put his name as soon as i get it

Current char: Oblivion, Oceansoul, Black Tears

Sorry for my bad english
Quote from: Santa Anna
Any action or inaction in a position of power will always grant you enemies

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...

Also i see the Mutant Chrorincles, it is apocaliptic, peoplemust see it....
Seen it, totally recommend, its badass as hell.  nuff said
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube

i also see The Road, a very deep story, showing us a new way more personal of the apocalipsis

Oh please. It takes more than the combination of grey filters, Viggo Mortensen, children and naughty survivors to make a "very deep story".
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Surf

• это моё.

Oh please. It takes more than the combination of grey filters, Viggo Mortensen, children and naughty survivors to make a "very deep story".

Then you only scratched the surface and bitch about the graphical side of the movie. It is a very deep story, better then all other postapo movies. (not that I didn't tell you that already - only last time you used "green filter" instead of "grey" filter :P) Mortenses performance is outstanding, btw.

Same way you described The Road can be applied to Fallout aswell, "lol it's just some game with a-bombs and cool guns xD".

Ras

The Road... How not love this movie?

* sory for littering these pictures here ... but I just could not stop;P

Surf

• это моё.

The Road... How not love this movie?

But it has only grey filters applied to it!11 ;P No, it's ok to post these, imo.
Made me re-watching it again. :P Thanks for those hi-res pictures, too!

The road was 10 minutes of wasteland action between 3 hours of soggy viggo trudging along in garbage bag slippers.

Surf

• это моё.

The road was 10 minutes of wasteland action between 3 hours of soggy viggo trudging along in garbage bag slippers.

Yes, because you totally fail if you expect "hot wasteland actionz" in this movie.

You wouldn't expect the postapocalypse as something un- exciting, don't you?
Wasteland is a tricky business.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...

Most wasteland excitement is pretty much the worry that you wont find food or water the next place you scavenge and you'll die from one or the other, or even both at the same time.

Then there's medical problems....
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 21 queries.