"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 06:24:07 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: An army for NCR that protects NCR.  (Read 1318 times)

An army for NCR that protects NCR.
« on: January 15, 2011, 11:46:02 pm »

Hey all.

Sugestion i've got for you all is very simple.

Add NCR army patrols to the tiles directly around it. and remove the marauders.

So that the NCR protects lower levels from too many random low level PK's. and also allows people to level a little easier.

As it is the NCR army is too busy down south to do much to protect the city. the NCR army will still steal kills., but thats the price you have to pay to try to hunt around NCR.

Thoughts?

-Ulrek-
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 11:49:54 pm by Ulrek »

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
Re: An army for NCR that protects NCR.
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 05:38:26 am »

sounds good they should be right around ncr because well they are the ncr army so makes sense.
Roaming the waste again.

avv

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 10:47:49 am »

Shouldn't it only protect ncr citizens?

Hopefully you didn't get the idea from Falout NV where ncr was basically sissy charity nation.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 06:13:13 pm »

After playing New vegas. i found i had to pass a speech check to make the NCR be the good guys. so thats not it.

What i mean is. marauders are running around everywhere with SMGs. and NCR has an army. its not the junktown boy scouts. its an army.

I'm just suggesting that if you have under -300 rep with NCR, than if you get shot while infront of those patrols they protect you. and add the patrols to the tiles directly around NCR, so lowbies can farm. and are protected in away that makes sense. no magic "PvP on/off switchs" or anything like that.

Also. it won't mess with your grid camping, should anyone care about that. you can still camp. just wait for rad scorp's only. without the patrols.

-Ulrek-
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 11:26:04 am »

After playing New vegas. i found i had to pass a speech check to make the NCR be the good guys. so thats not it.

What i mean is. marauders are running around everywhere with SMGs. and NCR has an army. its not the junktown boy scouts. its an army.

I'm just suggesting that if you have under -300 rep with NCR, than if you get shot while infront of those patrols they protect you. and add the patrols to the tiles directly around NCR, so lowbies can farm. and are protected in away that makes sense. no magic "PvP on/off switchs" or anything like that.

Also. it won't mess with your grid camping, should anyone care about that. you can still camp. just wait for rad scorp's only. without the patrols.

-Ulrek-

I'm assuming you mean above -300 rep?
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2011, 05:26:36 pm »

No. i mean if the patrols see you. and you have under -300. such as -250, than you're safe.

If you have over -300 than you'll still die.

-Ulrek-
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2011, 11:47:18 pm »

-300 < -250 so -250 are above -300  ;D

But anyway i dont thik this will do anything. Noobs need hides from brahmins which the army is no solution for. Noobs needs low level guns. Army may leave them some byt those guns are easy craftable probably faster than farmed. PKs around city my camp in empty encounter army doesnt solve it neither.

I say dont bother with this suggestion.
Kill them all and let the god sort them out.
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2011, 04:00:28 am »

The army doesn't kill Brahmin.

The army won't take anything since they aren't going to be fighting human NPCs to loot from. just monsters which they don't loot.

The army might give a tiny bit more protection for newbies.

It's the Dev's choice.

-Ulrek-
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.258 seconds with 21 queries.