"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 20, 2024, 12:53:24 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: I'm lost, a little help?  (Read 2472 times)

I'm lost, a little help?
« on: January 23, 2010, 10:55:00 pm »

Sup guys, i just searched up fallout online yestaurday and i happen to come upon this amazing mod for fallout 2.  Lucky me, i had a Fo2 disk  :)
so i got the mod or whatever this is called for online and i make a character and start playing.

i have a question though,
how can i meet other people? i cant seem to find anyone... (im at the first town). or am i mistaken that this 'mod' isn't online?

Jimmy King

• Pew pew lasers!
Re: I'm lost, a little help?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 11:01:15 pm »

Its because really many of the cities are quite abandoned, while many others are overloaded with players. South cities are friendly - most players in NCR. North is a complete jungle, aviod there for the first levels. Full of PK there, especially BH, Modoc, Klamath and Reno.
Fock! Fock! Give my cow back! Fock!
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 11:03:50 pm »

So how do i get to NCR. I've just checked the world map and theres alot of traveling to do. and im only level 1 so i shouldnt travel.

is there some way i can get to ncr?
and creating characters spawn at different cities or no?

BTW, thanks for the fast reply:)

Opera

• Guardian
    • Nitue.net
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 12:24:51 am »

At the start you don't really have any good items. So in other words you got nothing to lose. Just travel.

You can find NCR from here:
http://www.fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/The_World

There is also 2 quests in NCR, but you must have atleast CH 3 (Charisma, one of the SPECIAL stats):
http://www.fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/Quests#NCR_quests

And try to find some friendly people that could help you. :)
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 12:34:31 am »

There are two ways to get to a guarded city from the northern wilds:
     1. Walk there from wherever you are, running away from any difficult encounters.
         a. If you're really far away (and don't mind), die and then hope you respawn closer to your destination.
     2. Keep (re)creating and deleting your character until you end up starting at your destination.
         a. Same as above, but only delete/create until you get to a semi-close city.
I'd encourage option 1 over option 2, as it's significantly more taxing on the server/database/etc. and will probably take longer unless you luck out.

Just run from any encounter that will kill you (which should be pretty much anything unless you're starting out with some skill in unarmed/melee).
Use turn-based if you have high agility (and a decent perception) and real-time if you don't (or if you you want to trade a little safety for speed).

Jimmy King

• Pew pew lasers!
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2010, 10:21:27 am »

I am willing to help you starting this game if you're able to get to NCR or Hub. I could also try picking you up, but then i gotta know where you at. Trying to get eachother trough forum or PMs would be kinda impossible, altough we can try. Im sending you a PM in a moment.
Fock! Fock! Give my cow back! Fock!
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2010, 09:28:01 am »

;D Thanks guys, you really helped me out :)
and sorry jimmy for the late PM reply  :(
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.105 seconds with 21 queries.