"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 19, 2024, 09:02:04 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: How to be sure noone is following me  (Read 1793 times)

bQt

How to be sure noone is following me
« on: November 08, 2010, 07:57:05 pm »

Hi,
I'm new to fonline, and there is one thing bothering me...
I keep being followed  ;D
I'd be glad if someone could explain to me exactly how does the whole "follow someone" thing works... I got 9 brahmin hides right now, a gun, some bullets, was pretty lucky not to get killed so far, but 30 minutes ago I was going to kill my last brahmin to finally build a tent and some player appeared out of nowhere as usual :D
I don't know how I made it out of the area alive but I was very close to dying in a stupid way again.  Thing is, I've read the wiki and learnt than you have to be careful with tents... So I need to know how can I check noone is after me (when on the world map) before I build it...

Thanks and sorry for my bad english. 

John Ryder

• Problem, Surf?
Re: How to be sure noone is following me
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 08:29:28 pm »

When you are on the World Map, usually when exiting a city, there is a menu on the left that shows people in your group. There is your name at the top and people following you, under. All you have to do is hold left mouse button on their name and choose from the drop down menu icon with 3 people and an arrow.
 - It's intended!
Typical FOnline roleplayers

bQt

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 08:34:13 pm »

Wow, I feel stupid not to have notice that  ;D
Gonna try it right now, thx mate !

edit: holy crap, just logged back in the game and I apparently got killed when I was logged out so I lost everything... I don't get it, I was in a town, not in a fight... Wtf?  ;D
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 08:38:23 pm by bQt »
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 09:00:13 pm »

I don't get it, I was in a town, not in a fight...
Don't forget, this game is full of suicide killers(bombers, bursters), dynamite planters etc. Beware. Log out only on the world map I say ;)
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 04:23:31 am »

the players that pop up in your encounter screen are generally there because of random encounters, if they had followed you they would appear the same second you appear in an encounter map... and follow John Ryder's advice.

also, when you log off while you are in a city or mine (or even somewhere rondom in the wasteland), it takes 3 more minutes for your char to disappear from sight. that means even if you have logged off the game, other players can still kill you or steal from you, or plant a dynamite in your pocket for 3 more minutes and due to the fact that you don't see that coming,  you cant run from them, and you are more vulnerable than ever... so, you better log off when you are in the world map screen or in your tent.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 04:36:06 am by Nyarla »

bQt

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2010, 11:25:02 am »

Ok thanks a lot guys, the game is finally starting to make some sense to me  ;)

Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2010, 02:44:48 pm »

(...) also, when you log off while you are in a city or mine (or even somewhere rondom in the wasteland), it takes 3 more minutes for your char to disappear from sight. that means even if you have logged off the game, other players can still kill you or steal from you, or plant a dynamite in your pocket for 3 more minutes and due to the fact that you don't see that coming,  you cant run from them, and you are more vulnerable than ever... so, you better log off when you are in the world map screen or in your tent.

Also - remember about no_logout maps. On such map your char will stay until server will be restarted/updated/crashed. At this moment only Ares and Jail maps have such setting (correct me if i forgot about some) and some event maps (not used currently).
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 02:47:05 pm by Wipe »
Games are meant to be created, not played...
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2010, 04:40:25 pm »

and some event maps
Heh, I once logged out during an event, and then after some time when the location was deleted i logged back in and i was on the island :D Went to some location there and then couldn't leave because barrels blocked the grid :P
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 21 queries.