"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • October 01, 2024, 07:26:59 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Thief killing in guarded towns  (Read 2145 times)

Thief killing in guarded towns
« on: October 13, 2010, 01:03:48 pm »

Hey people!

I am new to this forum and i already used the search function. But i didn't find anything that helps me. I am a big fallout fan (of course 1 & 2) and i'm having a great great time with fonline.

So here's the question:
When i am being robbed, but no message occurs, can i shoot the thief? Because i have killed a thief before, but there were no guards around. As he respawns, he searched me and steals my ammo. In my Log were no: "You have been robbed" message. He said thank you, and i gave him a bullet in his head, but then the guards immediately shot me down.

When i am save to shoot a filthy thief?
Can anyone shoot the thief, i.e. my friends, when the message comes?

That confuses me a little bit...

Thanks for your help
Don't forget the hair, robert

Doctor Eex

• TEE Hive Father
Re: Thief killing in guarded towns
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 01:15:46 pm »

You can shoot only if thief failed to steal. In that case everybody can shoot the thief as he became unprotected.
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2010, 02:04:19 pm »

So if i recognize, he stole my 100 caps, but there were no message, i can do nothing...

Snackish

• God damn cows.
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2010, 02:26:27 pm »

You were stole by a thief with high skill nothin' you can do unless the guards call it out.
The most satisfying thing is bursting a cow for 460 damage, makes me tingle all over.
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2010, 02:30:01 pm »

Ok now i know how it works! Thanks for your help, guys

Fridge_Man

• The Guardians
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2010, 04:20:47 pm »

Just dont go such crowded Noobzones like NCR. Other cities are way less lame when its about thiefs and other random retards.

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2010, 04:40:38 pm »

Just dont go such crowded Noobzones like NCR. Other cities are way less lame when its about thiefs and other random retards.

I started in VC, traveled to NCR and now i'm in the hub. NCR was terrible but funny. I met many cool people in the Hub, but since last week, more and more thiefs and murderers kept coming. I started two weeks ago and it is always fun. I really like the fallout universe and its ok if something like this happens. But the only quest some people have, is to steal and annoy people. When I see my inventory is empty and the bitch thief is standing right next to me, i would like to cripple their limbs and then beat the shit out of them...
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2010, 09:44:25 am »

Gotta love it.  "Don't go to the most powerful city in the wasteland."  Why?  Because the guards are blind and you will lose all you own.  Yeah great.  So umn we're supposed to meet new people and make friends where?!  Oh maybe The Hub.. Woops thieves have shown up there, and the guards can't see.  Yeah so umn where are we supposed to meet people and learn how to group up and grow in this game?
City Encounters:  269
Footlockers:  60
Blueprints:  8
Car Wrecks:  3
Fuel CC:  0
Special Encounters:  0
Data collection start: 1-24-13
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2010, 09:59:20 am »

Is the hub, the most powerful city in the wasteland? I liked the Hub in Fallout 1 and I had a great time . The fallout feeling is perfect so far, and now I teamed up with some people. Not everybody is a bad boy. Nowadays most people ask "Peace?" in random encounters. I had no help at the beginning, so i help newbloods and make new friends. I think this games is great.

Yesterday i sold my gecko pelts for 6000 Caps. But on my way to the bank, the money was gone ;)
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2010, 11:49:14 am »

Thieves follow players.
As far as I can tell, currently thieves are mainly found in VC (Vault 8 included), NCR and the Hub.
Occasionally you'll encounter them in Junktown and SF.
Other towns are save so far, but that's mainly because most are unprotected towns where you can kill them.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 22 queries.