"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 26, 2024, 09:39:17 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Chem resistant and Chem reliant  (Read 4584 times)

Re: Chem resistant and Chem reliant
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2011, 11:02:00 pm »

Chem reliant, you'll be able to play a drug addict without having a gimped char when not on drugs. I don't think it'll be useless to everyone.
If they're druggies... they're already screwed without drugs, like lacking ST or -1 AP because of nuka or need +2 AP from jet or need cigs for 10th PE. Without drugs they won't functioning well already.

What's the problem with them?
He wants to ignore -1 PE from weak healing powder to be able to use it on his own slaves.
Btw, I think that's nice suggestion to be able to drug your own mercs/slaves with any drugs, not only weak healing powder, but also pump with with jet, psycho and other stuff.

Edit:
Also, for example me, I have base 9 AP, with jet and nuka I have 12 AP.
Sometime I had 3 addicitions at the same time: jet+nuka+cig, I had 6 AP.
Without drugs I have 8 AP because of jet addiction. But I don't care if I'll have 6 AP or 8 AP or 9 AP, because if I don't have 12 AP I'm not going anywhere where I'll need to kill people, because why should I use my damned 8 AP build for 1 shot and then wait, when I can simply drink a bottle of nukacola, eat some jet, and do x2 shots, if I can't, I'm not going there, even if you'll give me immunity to jet addicition and I'll have always minimum 9 AP, still, I'll not go anywhere, because 9 < 12, and it's big difference. And now buffout builds who lacking 2 ST, meaning -40% to hit, do you really think he'll take this trait just to fight sometimes without that harmless buffout addiction that lasts only 1 real life hour, but SS' will heal only 50 HP, and stims will heal only 5-20 HP.
If this trait will have no penalty, just "Chem Resistant   Suffer no addiction effect (no -1 Ag)" and nothing more, than you could pick this trait because you don't know what to pick else, and you don't want Bloody Mess.
But with "Healing chems (Stims/Powders) do half effect" it's like Bruiser trait now, more penalty than bonus.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 11:14:27 pm by RavenousRat »

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2011, 12:38:04 am »

Well, the idea is that you either use it with Chem Res to have a char who uses a cocktail of drugs, is addicted to them all, but can pick and choose when to take which one - or a character who doesn't build around drugs, but still wants to use them now and again, so they can take whatever drug they like and don't pay the consequence. 

We will see if it gets taken or not, all of these need testing before anything is decided about them.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2011, 06:54:53 pm »

or a character who doesn't build around drugs, but still wants to use them now and again, so they can take whatever drug they like and don't pay the consequence.
1) Consequences? Addictions will be changed after wipe? If it'll stay as it is now, then there're no consequences except for Jet.
2) What price...? 1/2 HP from SS'/stims? It doesn't worth it. Carry x2 more stims, use x2 times more stims and spend x2 times more AP to use them isn't good pay off for "just to use drugs sometimes!" especially if you build isn't druggy and most of them will be useless for you, or useful, but again, there're no consequences, 1 hour of -1 AP? And it'll be ignored if you're taking this drug again, then just take a rest for 1 hour and there're no consequences! Make addictions more harmful, then may be this trait will be useful, because right now addictions are nothing.
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2011, 07:15:00 pm »

Make addictions more harmful and then the only people who'll use them are carefully crafted drug builds. Everyone else won't want to have their character fucked. I don't see the good in that. I'd rather an entire server full of sniffing, bleary eyed junkies.

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2011, 07:26:16 pm »

Make addictions more harmful and then the only people who'll use them are carefully crafted drug builds. Everyone else won't want to have their character fucked. I don't see the good in that. I'd rather an entire server full of sniffing, bleary eyed junkies.

Agreed. The solution is either a better advantage or a lesser disadvantage. Maybe negating/diminishing bad drugs effects?
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2011, 07:39:02 pm »

I think the advantages are good enough. I think the only cause for addiction penalties should be if you don't take a few doses a day.

I figure if you feed your addiction, you should be safe. I think this could be included along with the Fallout 2 addiction messages - "Everything is going so slow. You need more jet. NOW." - If you take some whenever the game prompts you to, you ought to be fine. If you ignore it, that's when you suffer.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2011, 07:54:33 pm »

Perhaps the disadvantage could be Radaway/X and the Antidotes not working.
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2011, 08:24:52 pm »

I think that might not be going far enough. What about only one substance of any kind can be active in your system? You can't take jet+nuka, or jet+cigarettes, or whatever. I think that's a reasonable drawback.

Also, my comments about addiction - so long as you keep doing drugs several times a day, you shouldn't suffer any penalty - was intended to apply to all characters taking drugs.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2011, 08:28:48 pm »

Hopefully the lack of taking any of the Antidoes would be a genuine drawback, post wipe.
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2011, 09:03:38 pm »

What about making all addictions permanent and cummulative and possible to rid off only at NPC docs for caps, and it can be done only once per month, because it's very very very dangerous procedure, and doc will heal only for 1 addiction, so if you have alot addictions, it'll be a problem. Every dose of Jet (or 95%...) will lower every your skill on 1%, and every other drug will have x% to lower every skill on 1%. With Chem Reliant you'll have 2x% for every drug, and Jet will lower every skill on 2% per dose, but effect will last twice its time. Chem Resistant x/2% for every drug and 50% (or 47.5%) for every dose of Jet, but all healing stuff heals only 50% of HP.
This way everyone will suffer from drugs, druggy build or not. Chem Resistant could be useful, because you won't kill your character with drugs so fast, even Jet will have only 50% to damage your skills. If you're using alot drugs at the same time, then you'll suffer from more than 1 addiction, and you'll need to heal 1 per month the most powerful one, others will stay with you. Chem Reliant will be dangerous trait because you'll suffer alot from it, but also you need x2 less drugs, because they will last 1 hour... useless trait for those, who has tones of drugs anyway.
*Penalty to skills of couse "floating", so it can't be abused to always increase your skills at <100% for 1 SP and then heal your addiction and make 300% in all skills build.
**As you know you can see addictions at Karma tab, with this suggestion it can be also with numbers which will show that %penalty infront of every addiction like reputation, like:
Jet: 10
Psycho: 5
Nuka-cola: 2
So totaly you have -17% to every your skill, and when you come to doc, you'll have dialogue and choose what addiction you want to heal, he'll say that you can do that only once per month and caps dependant on addiction strength and may be drug itself, so to heal from Jet you'll need many many caps and be possible only at doc in some unguarded town, while nuka and cigs will be healed for no so much caps, but still you can't heal other addiction until 30 days passed.

Or just ignore everything above and leave addictions like now but permanent, but you need to heal them for caps at doc (Jet addiction can't be healed of couse), let it take some time and you can heal addictions one by one, so after paying caps to doc you'll need to wait something like 24 real life hours and then addiction will disappear, and then you can pay for other one. If you'll take a drug of currently healing addiction, then healing will be failed. But it'll only make "alt" to not play during those 24 hours, so this isn't good suggestion.

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2011, 02:27:02 am »

Once they get radiated to extreme levels and have 1charisma, they can almost delete their character, as fixing it up would be nearly as much effort as getting good ammount of levels.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."

Cocain

• Your already dead
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2011, 03:06:50 am »

keep them coming people :)
Aku Soku Zan
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 22 queries.