"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 29, 2024, 04:42:17 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Chem resistant and Chem reliant  (Read 4608 times)

Cocain

• Your already dead
Chem resistant and Chem reliant
« on: April 04, 2011, 05:13:48 am »

drugs are a pretty big deal on the fonline world but for some reason, imo, these traits arent

im asking for ideias for buffing these traits to make them not op, but decent choices

heres my own ideas:

Chem resistant: 50% less duration of drug effects. ( like before)
                      100% imunity to drug addictions, except jet or 50% chance of jet addiction

1 Chem reliant: 50% more duration of drug effects
                   90%-100% addiction to drug effects

2 chem reliant: double drug bonuses
                      100% addiction to drug and 50% less duration of drug effects

2nd chem reliant is my favorite but again its only my opinion.. anyways give you own please

Aku Soku Zan

JovankaB

Re: Chem resistant and Chem reliant
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 06:08:44 am »

The problem with the 2nd chem reliant idea is that it would make rich people from gangs (many crafing alts etc) too powerful and non-alting loners screwed even more. Which was a problem with drugs before in my opinion.

And 50% chance of JET addiction is just as bad/good as 100%. Even 5% wouldn't make much difference. If you make JET build you are going to be addicted sooner or later. If not, you aren't going to risk taking it anyway.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 09:50:56 am »

jup 50% jet addiction doesnt seem to be reasonable, unless someone want to play something like russian roulette for lulz :D

But i actually miss former times, when you could use drugs to increase stats a bit more, character creation required more experience and knowledge to create better accounts while using drugs, i want that back :>
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 10:42:24 am »

The second chem reliant idea would be a bit step back where there was extreme drug consumption to make your char combat ready because he was useless otherwise.
Kill them all and let the god sort them out.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 01:15:16 pm »

Chem Reliant   All drugs are permanent addictions, time of effect is doubled.  
Chem Resistant   Suffer no addiction effect (no -1 Ag), Healing chems (Stims/Powders) do half effect  

These are the new ones.

jup 50% jet addiction doesnt seem to be reasonable, unless someone want to play something like russian roulette for lulz :D

But i actually miss former times, when you could use drugs to increase stats a bit more, character creation required more experience and knowledge to create better accounts while using drugs, i want that back :>

Will never ever happen. As Oska says, that would be a big step back.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 01:23:18 pm by Solar »
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2011, 01:31:14 pm »

How does addiction/drugs work right now? Is there even any comedown? Or is it just a case of that the stat bonuses are reversed?

I used to think addiction was an interesting idea and way of playing, but I'm not totally convinced it's workable.
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2011, 02:54:10 pm »

Chem Reliant   All drugs are permanent addictions, time of effect is doubled.   
Chem Resistant   Suffer no addiction effect (no -1 Ag), Healing chems (Stims/Powders) do half effect
These are the new ones.
The only bad thing in Chem Reliant that it'll take trait slot, there're no "penalties", I don't think someone is going to fight without drugs if he is druggy orientired (or whatever this word spelled), especially when you'll have 1 hour effect... again, the only bad thing is you'll need to sacrifice one of those imba traits like Small Frame/Good Natured/One Hander(for pistoler), obviously it'll be Good Natured, so you'll see builds taking this trait instead of good natured if they're going to use drugs (of couse they will, because not using drugs = not using whole potential for character build).
Chem Resistant is another useless trait, noone will ever take it. Who cares about addiction when again you're going to use this drug anyway and addiction will be ignore till drug ended, but when it ends, you'll take another one, 1/2 from super stims = 50 hp.. pff.. noone will take this useless trait.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2011, 03:27:04 pm »

The traits you mentioned there will have new versions too. Not a fair comparison.

Chem reliant, you'll be able to play a drug addict without having a gimped char when not on drugs. I don't think it'll be useless to everyone.

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2011, 06:05:40 pm »

Chem Reliant   All drugs are permanent addictions, time of effect is doubled.
2 questions about this:
Does it mean, negative effects are doubled as well? (like Psycho adding 30% DR and deducting 4 PE?)
Are you happy with drugs that have little to no penalties, like Nuka-Cola or Cigarettes? One would expect Chem reliant to be quite popular by PvPers when they'd be able to remove one more agility and perception and have one more effective endurance level.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2011, 06:21:14 pm »

Time of effect. They last twice as long, they don't do double effect.

Cocain

• Your already dead
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2011, 06:44:15 pm »

well im already happy that u didnt forget these traits on the next changelog
Aku Soku Zan
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2011, 07:14:05 pm »

On the subject of traits: Sex Appeal! The solution has just come to me. Your follower limit is +1 for the opposite gender and -1 for the same gender.

So if your follower limit was normally 3, you'd be able to have 4 so long as two of them were women. But as a consequence, you'd only be able to have a maximum of two male followers. If that makes sense.

I just figure it would make things a bit more interesting.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2011, 08:07:26 pm »

Sex appeal has migrated to perkhood. There is a trait in there which affects followers though.

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2011, 08:17:17 pm »

This is little off about subject, but is there any changes about healing slave/follower with weak healing powder?

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2011, 08:28:23 pm »

What's the problem with them?
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 25 queries.