"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 05, 2024, 07:19:36 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: New combat system  (Read 815 times)

New combat system
« on: January 28, 2012, 09:51:28 am »

the only thing i can say is
please consider this suggestion

Re: New combat system
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 10:08:27 am »

yeee add mana and mana potion :)
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 07:16:17 pm »

I like it, but it's not the direction 2238 will go. Nevertheless, if you can find somoene to code (or do it yourself) then I would gladly take a look at it.
AP for running is an interresting idea actually, and has been discussed before. Where one would use their own, or a different bar with ap just for running (only in or near combat) When you look at it it might actually solve allot of problems. Nevertheless it's not worth starting a discussion over, since such a thing is very unlikely to happen on this server and most likely impossible with the current engine.

In short:
It's a nice idea yes, but it will simply not happen on this server and might not even be possible.

Wallace

• "Not a bug. It's a feature"
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 07:20:57 pm »

First: WTF is that faction something game? That hella explains a lot about that aiming you suggested...

Second: WTF are ther MP for? (magic points? what next? renaming stealth boy to "ring of invisibility"?)

Last: Write some good explanation before you start another suggestion AND put some more effort to this one!

craft, Craft, CRAFT! (armors)
sometimes repair dismantle stuff
Roleplay!
...and most of all; DEATH TO NERFING!!!
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2012, 07:31:00 pm »

First: WTF is that faction something game? That hella explains a lot about that aiming you suggested...

Second: WTF are ther MP for? (magic points? what next? renaming stealth boy to "ring of invisibility"?)

Last: Write some good explanation before you start another suggestion AND put some more effort to this one!

the picture explains it nicely. In short what he suggests:

1. Instead of moving by clicking somewhere, you use the WASD keys to move around.

2. You have MP (Movement Points) which are used when you run. (most likely only in or near combat) When you run out of movement points, you are forced to walk, they regenerate when not moving.

3. The shooting mechanics changes, you are allowed to shoot "tiles" which just makes bullets fly in that direction. allowing supressive shooting and actual "pot shots" However actually hitting somoene still depends on your stats.

Basicly, this changes the entire game it's mechanics to become an action rpg while retaining the fallout stats and other mechanics.

As I said in my previous post. It's a nice suggestion for a different server. But it will never happen on 2238, and it probally isn't possible with the current engine. 

Reiniat

• Humanhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2012, 08:16:45 pm »

well i remember the same guy who scripted the tile shooting talking about the viability of use keys to move, he said it was possible. However i think it WONT happen in this server, maybe in a "multiplayer deathmatch" server, but i believe that project is dead.

In my opinion your idea is NICE. but not the new shooting mechanics.
Current char: Oblivion, Oceansoul, Black Tears

Sorry for my bad english
Quote from: Santa Anna
Any action or inaction in a position of power will always grant you enemies

Wallace

• "Not a bug. It's a feature"
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2012, 08:16:30 pm »

Now that it's finally explained i see that the idea is interesting...

Except of MP points...

But as said above... i'd really see it more into some deatchmatch server too...

craft, Craft, CRAFT! (armors)
sometimes repair dismantle stuff
Roleplay!
...and most of all; DEATH TO NERFING!!!
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 17 queries.