"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 19, 2024, 08:49:37 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: need help with a leader build  (Read 1765 times)

need help with a leader build
« on: October 10, 2010, 06:12:33 pm »

I'm going to make a leader build that can support 4-5 mercs and still be decent in combat. I was considering making a pistol crippler/leader but I'm open to all ideas
Re: need help with a leader build
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 12:53:57 am »

bump

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 12:56:05 am »

Pistolers are good but Bursters are alot funner.

Pstoler scenario:  Sit there while mercs go apeshit and keep clicking till dead.

Burster:  Run after player with your 5 mercs like a warlord with your bad of merrymen :P and go apeshit with them.

But burster is riskier.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 01:27:29 am »

Yeah, there just isn't enough stat points to make a Leader build that can hold 5 mercs and have enough luck to be a crippler.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2010, 04:15:10 am »

Like I said, I'm open to all ideas. I don't need 5 mercs. 3-5 is my range :)
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2010, 04:23:25 am »

Pistolers are good but Bursters are alot funner.

Pstoler scenario:  Sit there while mercs go apeshit and keep clicking till dead.

Burster:  Run after player with your 5 mercs like a warlord with your bad of merrymen :P and go apeshit with them.

But burster is riskier.
Pistoler with fast shot? or should I go for aimed shot
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2010, 10:17:20 am »

As said, you don't have enough character points to make good use of aimed shots.
Go for fast shot and take the BRoF perk.
14mm pistol shots take 2 AP that way and do good damage.

Possible build:
ST 4
PE 6
EN 6
CH 9 (max. 5 followers with magnetic personality perk)
IN 6
AG 8
LK 1

If you take small frame you can put an extra point in PE or IN.
You could also lower CH 7 or 5 to get AG to 10 and/or EN to 8.
Or lower CH to 5 (max. 3 followers with magn. pers. perk) and take small frame to have 6 luck.
Play around with it a bit on the FCP.
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2010, 11:26:51 am »

It depends really, if you want to get off 2-3 bursts or just one, I don't mind just getting off one since mercs can easily finish off whatever you just bursted
(In my opinion 6 endurance is too low for a merc leader unless it has toughness like this one, its just sad when you have semi low HP and you don't have toughness to lose all your mercs in a random encounter because you got bursted by a 10mm smg.

ST 5
PE 5
EN 6
CH 9
IN 5
AG 6
LK 6

Traits
Bruiser
Small Frame

Perks
Awareness (Needed when playing a leader)
Toughness (Magnetic)
Toughness
LifeGiver
Magnetic (Toughness)
BRD
BRD

I also recommend FA/Outdoorsman tagged along with SG, outdoorsman is needed badly since some encounters rape mercs fast and sometimes they are 4-5 times the normal size if you have 5 mercs with you (You have enough skillpoints for 150 SG (possibly higher with the Gunrunners bonus, 150 FA, 100 Doc and around 100 outdoorsman)
Side note, if you don't want to put points into outdoorsman get a trapper slave and use it's outdoorsman instead.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 11:29:02 am by Slaver Snipe »
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2010, 12:33:51 pm »

How's this

110 FA, 161 SG, 88 doc, 171 outdoors, and 199hp.

4 st
6 pe
6 en
9 ch
6 in
8 ag
2 lk

Small frame, fast shot

Awareness, magnetic personality, level 9 perk is up in the air, life giver, life giver, action boy, bonus rate of fire. 5 shots with 14mm pistol or i could drop 1 lk and get 5 st so i can do 2 AR or FAL bursts.

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2010, 07:32:45 am »

Not sure, i don't play low luck chars to shoot anything, mainly because critical failures are the devil. Also if you have 5 mercs it can be a terrible mess to get bursts in (even if they are ranged mercs they might run right up to the enemy to shoot them) and dying to a burst from 15 squares away because a lack of toughness can be tough to deal with sometimes when you have 30-150k in a random encounter.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 07:39:27 am by Slaver Snipe »
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2010, 09:28:09 am »

I have 2 low luck characters and they don't seem to fail more in combat.
Than again I use weapons with low deterioration on them and not looted guns.
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2010, 03:17:31 pm »

Not sure, i don't play low luck chars to shoot anything, mainly because critical failures are the devil. Also if you have 5 mercs it can be a terrible mess to get bursts in (even if they are ranged mercs they might run right up to the enemy to shoot them) and dying to a burst from 15 squares away because a lack of toughness can be tough to deal with sometimes when you have 30-150k in a random encounter.

I am level 9 now with my leader / merc build, small frame , fast shot, 9 charisma, and 1 luck.  I had only 2 weapon failures since starting.  One dropped, and one busted, honestly I dont think its anymore than the average player gets.

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2010, 05:57:42 pm »

I am level 9 now with my leader / merc build, small frame , fast shot, 9 charisma, and 1 luck.  I had only 2 weapon failures since starting.  One dropped, and one busted, honestly I dont think its anymore than the average player gets.

yea, plus i think if you have high enough sg skill you get way less chance of critical failure.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 22 queries.