"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 19, 2024, 08:48:39 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: barter skill cap?  (Read 1079 times)

TheGreenHand

• TGHGWC
barter skill cap?
« on: October 11, 2010, 06:15:04 am »

I was wondering if anyone knew if there was a cap on the percentage amount of full price you can get bartering with merchants. The reason I'm asking is that my character has 203% barter and only gets 80% of the full price of each item (60 caps for normal healing powder) from vendors with other specialties. This is the same trade-in I could get when his skill was only around 170%, and the fact that it isn't increasing at all makes me think that it's not subject to a formula at this point as most skills are, but just capped.
I can understand the reason for doing something like this, but I was just curious if there's any reason to plug any more SP into barter.

TheGreenHand

• TGHGWC
Re: barter skill cap?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 10:57:42 pm »

No ideas?
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 11:13:11 pm »

I didn't know that barter worked besides vendor trade time. lol!

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 11:17:32 pm »

I didn't know that barter worked besides vendor trade time. lol!

It only works if the item you are trying to sell isn't on the merchant's "list".

Example, Shan Enin always buys Rope for 100 caps, but if you tried to sell rope to the Iguana Guy, the price would be based off of your Barter skill, but still most-likely be under 100 caps.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

TheGreenHand

• TGHGWC
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2010, 03:25:52 am »

Right, I understand that. But there seems to be a cap on how much you can actually get from the other vendors, which is apparently around 80% for meds, and 50% for ammo. I was wondering if that was correct, or if you just need a very high barter skill (significantly higher than 200%).
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 22 queries.