"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 20, 2024, 01:02:59 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: How do I recover my body?  (Read 1327 times)

How do I recover my body?
« on: October 12, 2010, 06:43:18 am »

I was killed by some ants while trying to run to an exit grid. I beat the ants to the exit grid but it wouldn't let me zone out. It said "Combat timeout. Wait." Now I died and I lost all my gear I had on me. How do I get this stuff back? How is it fair or even fun if something like that happens?
Re: How do I recover my body?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 06:53:12 am »

Start a crafter or trader, tag outdoorsman if you wish not to die in wasteland.
This is hardcore game, if you loose items - you loose them.
Ask people in NCR to help you with starting game. And plan yourself a good character here http://www.nitue.net/fcp/ .
Read wiki first http://fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/Main_Page , dont trust anybody and you gonna make it through 1 to 21 level.
Good luck in FO2238.

Snackish

• God damn cows.
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 06:53:50 am »

If the ants hit you while running to exit grid (Which i'm guessing they did because they're fast shits) then you get a combat timeout for 10 seconds, this also happens if you shoot, punch, knife etc. The combat timer limits you from quickly jumping out of a place to safety which includes getting in your car or following people.
The most satisfying thing is bursting a cow for 460 damage, makes me tingle all over.

LeonTheNorse

• Hobo with a shotgun
    • Crazy 88 Forum
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 06:33:51 pm »

Rutger if you need any help.

i will setup you up with a tent and what else you need.

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 10:25:09 pm »

In The Life After server, the combat timeout is 30 seconds and you can't run as Molerats continually eat you until dead. I am grateful for 2238's 10 seconds  ;)

You aren't going to get your stuff back, this is simple game mechanics. Once you get a gun you'll be able to shoot at those damn ants if they have the nerve to attack you!

Edit: Also, since you are obviously new and don't know how to correctly escape encounters (I admit, I wasn't able to run away from dogs the first time I played), play in Turn-Based. You can set your combat style in FOConfig.exe
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 11:12:28 pm by Dishonest Abe »
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

TheGreenHand

• TGHGWC
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2010, 11:01:30 pm »

If you're on the exit grid with a timeout and it's just ants, run down or up the grid.  Or run across the map to the opposite exit grid.  You should be able to get away.  This should work with most encounters if they aren't too tough.

Doctor Eex

• TEE Hive Father
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2010, 01:18:21 pm »

Another Full Loot Drop victim )
If you lost your stuff on exit grid in a town, you can recover it with some friend and trick

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2010, 01:47:07 pm »

In The Life After server, the combat timeout is 30 seconds and you can't run as Molerats continually eat you until dead. I am grateful for 2238's 10 seconds  ;)

On TLA combat timeouts depends on your AC, take a BA and you will have very short timeout ;p
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.232 seconds with 22 queries.