"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 08:24:43 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: I hate this game but love it too, its just confuzing  (Read 6285 times)

Re: I hate this game but love it too, its just confuzing
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2010, 11:03:16 pm »

Me thinks you're either a troll or a little kid who rages a lot. lawl

What he said.

"“Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.”

Imprezobus

• Imprezobus here!
    • Forum Los Alamos Warriors
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2010, 11:45:49 pm »

But, I also admit that there have been several times when I went to my base and thought to myself, "did I check to make sure I wasnt followed?", and I honestly could not remember.  Sometimes I just get too busy doing other shit, and wonder if I failed to notice.  

well, seriously, think bout you write in here...
isnt that the perfect wasteland? you dont check your situation, you fall in rutine - and then it kicks your ass, personally i love this the most : >
Self-proclaimed best guide in the wastes.
http://www.law.netarteria.eu/files/bus.jpg by MACabra, edit by Frozen Mind
Snackish: pks pks pks. Kilgore: BBS is here, town is safe
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2010, 12:48:14 am »

one of the funnier threads on forums at the moment, congrats op :D

here is a golden quote from you :

"Im not a noob, I lost all my stuff in tent, that was the big thing, not that I died"
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2010, 08:59:33 am »

Some key points.  There should be a little more protection in the supposed most powerful city in the wastes from thieves.  Something that warns a party member has tagged you is not a bad idea.  Could just be a pop up or a noise.  I do encourage the idea that people more than 3-5 levels higher shouldn't be able to just pop in to an encounter with low level and go oh thanks for your last day or more, worth of work 'Lol I take your stuff, me badas cause I kills you ha!' *Raps moth* <-- (actual quote) Or be dropped in on by said low lvls trying to get to NCR.

Also new player = newb.  
A pathetic excuse for a human that goes around causing others grief simply because they can, or get some sick happiness out of it. = NOOB!!<---  

This is a game developed on a love/hate relationship.  It can make you absolutely crazy and then reward you.  However it is a GAME!! For those of you who seem to have trouble reading, let me say that again, it's a GAME.<----  Harsh can be fun but when it's a constant slap back to square one because some noob had a hair in his ass, that pretty much drains all the 'game' out of it.

The freedom of this game is great, but with the complete lack of consequences for people who grief others, it is going to be a rough road polishing it out for a broader group of players.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 01:44:55 am by Trokanis »
City Encounters:  269
Footlockers:  60
Blueprints:  8
Car Wrecks:  3
Fuel CC:  0
Special Encounters:  0
Data collection start: 1-24-13

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2010, 09:05:08 am »

again, man is no insult to be called a noob, a noob is someone that started a new game, is no insult

i was a noob to, but made some experienced frends and now i am a Tutorial-Boy 2000 whi no bateries included(i can explain how the game mecanics work)

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2010, 03:40:23 pm »

Hey I will help you, just take me to your tent please. Dont worry, you can absolutely trust me !
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing

Viktor

• WAR... WAR NEVER CHANGES
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2010, 04:33:36 pm »

Hey I will help you, just take me to your tent please. Dont worry, you can absolutely trust me !

I have to admit that was funny :P
I want that armor and minigun!
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2010, 01:45:37 am »

again, man is no insult to be called a noob, a noob is someone that started a new game, is no insult

i was a noob to, but made some experienced frends and now i am a Tutorial-Boy 2000 whi no bateries included(i can explain how the game mecanics work)

Be sure to learn the difference between Newb, and Noob, it's kind of a big one!

avv

« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2010, 03:06:09 pm »

Be sure to learn the difference between Newb, and Noob, it's kind of a big one!

Indeed

Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2010, 03:34:59 pm »

Instead of attacking and insulting a person who didn't get the "holy rules of 2238" it seems not to be possible by some kind of people to write normal posts and be actually helpfull. Or is this community "too cool" to help some new guys to the game?  ::)
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2010, 09:05:45 pm »

Wow solar a caring reply?

Are you sure you dont want to edit your post?

I think this guys post is a prime candidate for one of your famous Wasteland is harsh speaches...
Strength through unity,
unity through Faith.
« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2010, 02:45:27 am »

Could be that since a few more people in game are actually trying to help out new players, Surf has reawakened some of his old compassion lost soo deep in the threads of, 'lol I kill you ha you lose', and 'Wow devs and mods suck ass wish you all were dead this game blows /whine.'  Vik I saw a lot of people on here willing to help out and if I ever catch ya when I play I could lend a hand too.  All I can say is just keep your head low though cause there still is nothing stopping Noobs in this game from abusing you except luck and your own diligence.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2010, 03:04:31 am »

Wow solar a caring reply?

Are you sure you dont want to edit your post?

I think this guys post is a prime candidate for one of your famous Wasteland is harsh speaches...

What? Ofcourse "The wasteland is harsh", no doubt, but there is a difference between "Wasteland is harsh" or "User pulling jokes on some newcomer". Ofcourse I shoot people in the face with my normal playing characters when they seem to harm me or just talking crap.

But, this is not an excuse to be an idiot. Be an idot when it comes to new players, visiting the forum and then pulling jokes on them, because "they are newb and you are pr0". I am sick of this mindset.
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2010, 12:12:47 am »

NOTE: Please don't call me noob or something like that, it's just silly.

Don't get me wrong I love this game but I get mad at it some times, and something you worked so hard for gets ruined

NOTE: Dont tell me that I dont have a life, I have a life... a good one.

NOTE: Dont call me fat, im not fat.

NOTE: To all of you tent followers and PK's, grow up and kill those in your own size. SHAME ON YOU

NOTE: Dont come and say the wastland is harash and hard, I know it is like that but it wont help me.

NOTE: Where are all you nice guys?, add a comment if your not a PK'er or a tent follower.

This game is so hard, you stand shoveling shit a hole day until you can buy a shotgun... I love the feeling when I have a shotgun in my hand :D

I also mined for my ammo, thats a fun thing and quiet easy :)

Then I go out hunting radscorpions and brahmins to get a telt, I tought to my self this game is great ^^

Ofcource I got killed by PK's by this time MANY times, but I accepted that, it's a harash game after all I tought.

When I got my tent the game REALLY started, it all became fun for a moment, I got killed by some player killers but I survived it.

Then I got "bigger" and "bigger" weapons, but when I was going to trade thiefs were all around me stealing everything, all you admins and scripters out there,,,,
what the hell were you thinking of, it sucks!

So a great time, got killed by PK's all the time and lose my stuff to some thiefs, witch is like 90% of NCR.

But I did not freak out and posted a topic just cause this, it was one thing that just crossed the border...

A pk'er/tent follower followed me to my tent, and I did not know...

**Dead**

Me: Please please please
Me: Dont take it I give you half of it just dont take all
Me: I worked so hard

The tent follower: I take what I want

**He takes all the things that have any value, all guns for example**
NOTE: He is a high level guy and im a beginer, I played fonline for soem time tough

NOTE: Reputation sucks, just let the players respawn

Then I go back to tent

**Open my box and look what I have**

*Only shit things left*

Cant remember but it was like 10 things left, brahmin hides, geckohides etc.

Then I go to NCR...

I was so angry that I spammed the window with: /s I hate this game just tent followers and thiefs!!
(Sorry for the spam, I freaked out totaly)

Then he came...

I said that I hated him and that he should return the things...

He told me that if I follow him he take the things back, I said: Then you just take everything!
 - no I wont take it, it's just crap left, so dumb as I am I followed him to the tent...

**DEAD*

**This time he takes everything**

now im here writing this topic just cause I freaked out, im kind of calm now, after writing all this.

HOWEVER, please scripters and admins... do something about the PK's EXAMPLE: if there is more than 3 levels between they can't encounter and you should be asked if you want somebody to follow you... this is only in my dreams I guess.

Please think after you type anything, remember I was mad and had a bad day when I wrote this, even IRL.... heh.

It felt nice to type away my anger tough :)

Have you felt like me before?, post a comment.

See you out there with the thiefs, pk's and tent followers.

LAST NOTE: Dont tell me to quit playing I like the game but It should be some changes here and there.

Peach.

Surf, if you read his first post, it's mainly grief. He says it himself that he was very very angry. No where does he ask for help, he just expresses his opinions about the game and its "flaws" are obviously bias opinions due to his personal experiences.
Personally, these 'flaws' like thieves in ncr and PKing are FAR from problematic. They help create a very human style of play - far less robotic than other MMOs like Runescape (anyone that has played it, knows how restricting the game is).

OH and it just takes a little common sense to figure out that trading in the middle of a town that doesn't punish thieves is probably not a good idea. Try trading the FLC bank or inner city where players can't wield guns. Players are also a lot less likely to steal from you there.

Also, trusting someone that just tent followed you only to be killed again is your own fault. Don't blame the developers just because you decided to trust a very dishonest person. If you keep falling into player made traps, then you're doing something wrong. Check for V shapes above players heads. That means they are following you. ALSO, check the left side of your world map when you leave town, if there are more names than just your own, you are being followed, so click and hold on their name and select the button that has 3 dudes and an arrow pointing left.

Many of the issues our friend here has, are highly user based - not client or server based. There ARE alternatives to shoveling shit as you may know. Mining is one of them. Another alternative, which I'm sure I've mentioned MANY times, is to make weak healing powders (they sell for 40caps each) from plants that virtually cost nothing.

No one is telling you to leave the game bro, however the game shouldn't be changed just because a single new player has not been able to adapt as well as the rest of us.

1 word of advice for our newby friend: Trust NO ONE!
Instead of attacking and insulting a person who didn't get the "holy rules of 2238" it seems not to be possible by some kind of people to write normal posts and be actually helpfull. Or is this community "too cool" to help some new guys to the game?  ::)
Oh we love to help people that ASK for help. This post was pure rage, sure we could help but, there are more mature ways of getting help. Posting in survival guide/game help is a good start.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 12:16:38 am by borse »
« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2010, 01:13:43 am »

learn to fight in rt, and farm things worth good exp. thats all i can say. fighting in RT involves regenerating AP without getting hit. if you can master that, you'll find everything else slowly starts to fall into place... or you can stick with TB and keep getting pwnzer8'd by pk's.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 23 queries.