"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • October 06, 2024, 01:31:11 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Mercenaries Returning to Home.  (Read 3778 times)

Mercenaries Returning to Home.
« on: October 05, 2010, 03:04:00 am »

When i die, my mercenaries should head back to the my home, Tent, Hotel Room, Faction Base, if neither of these are your place of refuge they should return to the nearest bar/Merc recruitment and will join back with you

Its annoying that i myself am weak, and will be aimed for first, but when my NPCs survive and kill the enemies, they dissapear into the wastes, it really makes me go against the whole Mercenary idea.
<[DoW]Dragon> TTTLA -> Fags that just shoot everyone and say 'SOZ THOUGHT U WAS PK' and keep your loot.
<Tissi> i was walking around with a fucking sledge and bluesuit and they shout " u a pk" and shoot

Surf

• это моё.
Re: Mercenaries Returning to Home.
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 05:15:33 am »

This is true. It would not only spare lots of time for us GMs, it would be logical and helping for the players.

ProKilleR

• .:|Pro-KiLLeR|:.
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 07:11:18 am »

Yes , this is true , i remembered that 3-4 wipes ago there was that system but mercs came to you when you was on respawn point and that was bad .
This is madness........madness.......!!!! THIS IS FONLINE !!!! Fallout Online is like a "cigarette", when you try it you can not stop  xD
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 11:22:08 am »

I play a leader, goes without saying i support this  ;D
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 11:46:22 am »

I agree- but it should be depended on some sort of OD roll?
Maybe a small chance they fall to the peril of the wastes on the way back.
Just a suggestion.
DrWorm
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2010, 01:59:33 pm »

This is true. It would not only spare lots of time for us GMs, it would be logical and helping for the players.

does it mean u give the mercs back to players ?? if  they get killed ?

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2010, 02:14:30 pm »

does it mean u give the mercs back to players ?? if  they get killed ?

Ofcourse not. But it often appears that the mercs are stuck somewhere, don't spawn proper if player went into an encounter etc.

avv

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2010, 02:21:21 pm »

Makes sense, but only if they survive the fight against your killer. Having mercs spawn in the Nearest bar/merc recruitment center would be cool actually, unless the bar is in a city that's hostile towards the mercs' master.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2010, 03:49:22 am »

It would be good to have that, and instead of automatically spawning in your tent there could be a timer of some sort so it takes like 10 minutes for them to reach your tent, and there could be a OD or luck roll to see how much of em survive or come back.

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2010, 07:22:49 am »

I'm kind of thinking that if there was some mercenary hired into my party, and I were to die...This random thug would much sooner grab anything he could and take off to his own objective, rather than heading to a nearby city, or abode of his recently deceased 'master'. Although, logic should not have bearing on this, as nobody really dies in the wasteland, they just taking a bloody nap and waking up somewhere in the same area.

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2010, 09:13:42 am »

I'm kind of thinking that if there was some mercenary hired into my party, and I were to die...This random thug would much sooner grab anything he could and take off to his own objective, rather than heading to a nearby city, or abode of his recently deceased 'master'. Although, logic should not have bearing on this, as nobody really dies in the wasteland, they just taking a bloody nap and waking up somewhere in the same area.

Yep, but in case your enemies died and your own merc was still alive... were discussing that matter...

As for luck or OD roll... its stupid, why? Because no true leader will have enough luck or OD, ok maybe OD, but seriously... you pay for it
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2010, 02:36:20 pm »

I think this should be the difference between mercs and sexy new F2 style companions that I propose. You can buy Mercs, but they're just hired guns. You die, they leave. The alternative is to recruit Followers in bars - through some kind of technological wizardry they're always within a level or two of you.

You recruit them with a speech roll and they come with you for free. They're not as good as mercs, but they also don't cost anything. Mercs are hired guns, these guys are just travellers who know which end the bullets come out. They can't be told to guard anywhere, nor can they be told to follow anyone else. So Mercs are still preferable in a lot of cases, but Followers are intended to actually follow you around the wastes without you having to worry about how much money you lose if they die.

If you want to go further and add interesting long-term gameplay you'll also allow Followers to respawn after death and level up, so both you and your companions become more skilled as time goes on.

Shit, did I just make Speech useful?

Andr3aZ

• Endless forum lurker
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2010, 02:44:01 pm »

I think this should be the difference between mercs and sexy new F2 style companions that I propose. You can buy Mercs, but they're just hired guns. You die, they leave. The alternative is to recruit Followers in bars - through some kind of technological wizardry they're always within a level or two of you.

You recruit them with a speech roll and they come with you for free. They're not as good as mercs, but they also don't cost anything. Mercs are hired guns, these guys are just travellers who know which end the bullets come out. They can't be told to guard anywhere, nor can they be told to follow anyone else. So Mercs are still preferable in a lot of cases, but Followers are intended to actually follow you around the wastes without you having to worry about how much money you lose if they die.

If you want to go further and add interesting long-term gameplay you'll also allow Followers to respawn after death and level up, so both you and your companions become more skilled as time goes on.

Omg this would be so cool and indeed would make speech skill usefull and also the speech perks too.
The more speech skill the tuffer or better guys you can talk into wandering with you but we shouldnt make them better fighters then mercs as you said.

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2010, 09:01:26 am »

speach skill shoud offer you discounts and higher rewards, or some speech rolls for ceratan situations(like the leader's "come at my base"posibility)

ex: higher speech, lower prices for homesteaders adn farmers and why not for cars and merchants

Cultist

• The face of God with an impostor's features
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2010, 03:43:54 pm »

I love the followers idea, its frustrating taking such a big cap loss when they die because although the prices aren't too bad they require caps which are usually in short supply. That and leader chars could finally participate in hinkley.
The pervert, the pathological, the prophet
I'm the second coming, the Anti-Christ, the final conflict
Who got nuclear weapons and a suicidal doctrine?
The cult leader, and I'll never stop until I got you locked in
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 23 queries.