"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 20, 2024, 03:27:16 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Need help with thower-doctor build  (Read 1676 times)

Need help with thower-doctor build
« on: October 03, 2010, 09:24:13 pm »

After last update I was thinking it is worth to try a knife-thrower build. Maybe combined with doctor profession.
Silly question but can I use aim attact with throwing knives? ;D

St   3    (5 for range with Have Ho!)
Pe   6
En   4    (not enought special points)
Ch   3    (because of loner)
In    7
Ag  10
Lu    7

Traits:
One hander
Good Natured

Tags:
Throwing, FA, DOC

Skills:
Throwing 190
FA 151
DOC 113
Outdoorsman 100 (this is minimum for me)
It's a pitty that I don't have any spare points for melee weapons

Perks:
3 Awareness
6 Have Ho!
9 Better Crits
12 Lifegiver
15 BRoF
18 More Crits
21 More Crits

So can anyone suggest me what to change (if anything ;D)? Mostly I will use this build for PvE and minor PvP (Now that Modoc don't have (NPC-)militia. It was a step in a right direction :)).

P.S. No have-to-be junkie type, please. ;)
Re: Need help with thower-doctor build
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 09:47:24 pm »

Throwing 190
lol.
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2010, 09:58:56 pm »

you need no more than 100 throw imo

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2010, 10:02:56 pm »

His build is going to be an aimed-shot build, but the maximum is only 15 hexes, so he is going to need more than 100 skill, but less than 190. backora, you should test our your accuracy as you level-up at 14-15 hexes.

Also, do 6 Luck. 7 is just about useless. You can put that point into Perception or Intelligence.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 10:07:28 pm by Dishonest Abe »
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2010, 11:48:09 pm »

lol.
It is really helping man ;D Next time please at least say it is too much or too little. ;)

As Dishonest Abe said I plan to use aimed shot mostly. No grenades because they are not reusable therefore too expensive. Or I would need profesion for making them and boosting traps skill is useless even more.

Well, about this 190% I have calculated it from aim throw to eye from 15 steps distance with 30 AC of enemy (I don't know the average AC of critters and players) to have 95% chance to hit. Maybe it will be a good idea to boost it first to 140-150% and if I find it is enough I will put some points elsewere.
Also, do 6 Luck. 7 is just about useless. You can put that point into Perception or Intelligence.
Hmm, maybe this is good idea and after this I will be able to boost melee skill to some decent level when I run out of knives. :) (well decent with 3 strength? ;D)

Also does this BRoF works with throwing weapons? I have some cloudy memory that it do so but I am not sure.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 22 queries.